Closed Thread
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:16 AM
United States, CO, Dacono
Joined Nov 2010
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
EP Mini Ultra Stick converted to glow w/ a OS .25 LA
Now that would be fun, I've flown one with a motor, a 25 engine would be more fun.
cherokeenut is offline Find More Posts by cherokeenut
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:47 PM
USA, MI, Lansing
Joined Aug 2009
238 Posts
Great Planes Big Stik 40 with OS 46ax and Hobby King bomb drops. I was flying in the wind and had a bad landing last year and broke it up pretty good. Should have just bought a new one but felt guilty about throwing away the plane after it had been so good to me and the bad landing was my fault so I fixed it. Recovered with Ultracote and used West Coast Choppers crosses as templates. The black is Ultracote carbon fiber looking covering just for something different. I was pretty happy with the results.
Hewey19 is offline Find More Posts by Hewey19
Last edited by Hewey19; Oct 14, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Good looking plane, can't tell if it was repaired.
OkiThumper is offline Find More Posts by OkiThumper
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Nov 2010
695 Posts
Ok here's one for you since we are in the Stik subject. I bought a Lanier 7' plane and the guy threw this Stik bipe in for free. It's got a nice running Royal 46 and he had an old Futaba am system in it so I figure it was built sometime in the mid '80's. Is this a Midwest kit? Ideas?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
Danville, GA
Joined Aug 2010
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeenut View Post
Now that would be fun, I've flown one with a motor, a 25 engine would be more fun.
It's my GoTo plane. I fly it for 4 or 8 tank fulls every week. Once I got it tweaked in and the engine running right it has quickly become my favorite. Can leave the wings attached and throw it in the car at a moments notice. I fill it with fuel and she cranks up immediately every time with no adjustments needed.

As the time zone change is quickly approaching I am considering adding LED's so I can fly it at dusk and into the night (for my after work "Winter" plane).

Edited to add a couple inflight photos.
ckreef is offline Find More Posts by ckreef
Last edited by ckreef; Oct 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
594 Posts
It is a bipestik with a nose. Great deal for you. Those are hard to find. I have the plans. I can't bend wire very well so haven't built one yet. Trying to find some metal to make the cabanes.
Beardiedrg is online now Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Nov 2010
695 Posts
Yes the guy we got it from said he wanted the engine closed in so he built the "cowl" for it. Still not sure of the make though. Do you think it was a Midwest kit?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined Jun 2010
90 Posts
Great thread idea I love the stick planes! I plan to build a .25 size one soon. Keep the pictures coming!
gjap is offline Find More Posts by gjap
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:26 AM
Tn
Joined Jan 2011
311 Posts
Here is my backyard fliers, a 19" LaStik, a 28" Das Hot Ugly, a 28" bipe stik, and my newest 19" flat wing LaStik. My wife told me how she wanted me to cover it, when it was finished, she said "I didn't tell you to put those crosses on it, I was still thinking of what she wanted on it" Sooooo thats why it has teddy bears on it!

Pat
Toysareforkids is offline Find More Posts by Toysareforkids
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:31 AM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysareforkids View Post
Here is my backyard fliers, a 19" LaStik, a 28" Das Hot Ugly, a 28" bipe stik, and my newest 19" flat wing LaStik. My wife told me how she wanted me to cover it, when it was finished, she said "I didn't tell you to put those crosses on it, I was still thinking of what she wanted on it" Sooooo thats why it has teddy bears on it!
The Care Bear Air Force?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:31 AM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Sharp looking airplanes, BTW.
What motors/batteries are you using?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:38 AM
-insert witty saying here-
United States, CT, Killingworth
Joined Dec 2005
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeenut View Post
Yes the guy we got it from said he wanted the engine closed in so he built the "cowl" for it. Still not sure of the make though. Do you think it was a Midwest kit?

Midwest did kit a "Das Bipe Stik", what are the dimensions?
Hemikiller is offline Find More Posts by Hemikiller
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:34 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemikiller View Post
Midwest did kit a "Das Bipe Stik", what are the dimensions?
43 inch (1 092 mm) wingspan, .25-.40 (4 - 6.5 cc) power.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Nov 2010
695 Posts
Yup, my Stik bipe is 43" top wing so I'm guessing it's an old Midwest kit. Cool! Now we just have to keep her in one piece.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Aug 2012
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
It's my GoTo plane. I fly it for 4 or 8 tank fulls every week. Once I got it tweaked in and the engine running right it has quickly become my favorite. Can leave the wings attached and throw it in the car at a moments notice. I fill it with fuel and she cranks up immediately every time with no adjustments needed.

As the time zone change is quickly approaching I am considering adding LED's so I can fly it at dusk and into the night (for my after work "Winter" plane).

Edited to add a couple inflight photos.
Awesome idea...very cool plane!
arik434 is online now Find More Posts by arik434
Closed Thread