HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:01 PM
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan100 View Post
our one is perfect you may have not built it right it is a flawless engine once built and tuned right
I have to agree that CRRC is pure junk. Just my experience anyway!
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 03:30 PM
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
2,595 Posts
I didnt build the CRRC 40cc. It came assembled. I know someone who did build the engine kit and had to open the crank case a couple of times to get it to seal good enough. It ran erratic until the crank case finally sealed up real good.
Edwin
edwin1 is online now Find More Posts by edwin1
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:37 AM
Tucson
Joined Nov 2009
980 Posts
I've only run a DLE 20cc and am breaking in an RCGF 20cc.

DLE was a bear to get going the first time, but runs smoothly. Bought a Hobby People Magnum electric geared starter (do it!), and the RCGF started up after 1 spin on choke, and then turning off choke, 1 spin. (This at recommended initial screw settings.) RCGF seems rougher (more vibration) than the DLE (use red lock tight), but had a reliable idle set with the radio.

Will see how they last. The RCGF supposedly is machined out of harder stock, to last longer, but needs a longer break in.

troybuiltmodels recommends the Pterodactyl 36cc over the DLE 30cc for their 30cc aerobatic planes. No thrust rating is available.... Guys at Tucson Radio Control Club are going to gas: DLE, Desert Aircraft, are the leaders.
wuest3141 is offline Find More Posts by wuest3141
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:07 AM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Zenoah
Fox Manufacturing
DLE
Desert Aircraft
SYSSA
OS

KOLM, MINTOR, MOKI, ROTO... The European engines are good too, but I don't have any experience with them, especially here in the USA.

NGH, SV, RCGF, RCG, TURNIGY, etc. The low cost Chinese engines work for the most part, but one needs experience as they may have to fix them, if something is wrong or goes wrong. The main reason they are inexpensive is lack of support and parts availability.
Agree with everything but need to take exception to the comments regarding RCGF. There are 2 US dealers who have bent over backwards to support this line of engines and have managed very well to the best of my knowledge! The beam mounted RCGF 20 will hang right in with a DLE 20 and for that reason is pretty popular among those that have run them, myself included! Don't just take my word for it. Do some homework. I think you'll find there's pretty darn good support available for them!
ahicks is offline Find More Posts by ahicks
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:52 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,223 Posts
I have had good luck with Evolution 26 and a couple of DLE's (20, 170) and a lot of trouble with my 3W 50 (but I think that is due to operator error )
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fly Models Sbach 30cc