SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Mike_Then, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:36 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,682 Posts
Discussion
Thanks to the helpful forum members

In R/C, there are many kinds of modelers. I'm not sure if my "kind" is well-known, but I find myself turning over my entire fleet every few years. Expensive, yes, but I'll buy something that's new/hot/dersirable, fly it a few times, decide it's not for me, and get rid of it to make room for the next item. There's only 2-3 aircraft in my fleet of 15 airplanes, three helicopters, and two multirotors that I would probaby never get rid of. That's just the way I'm wired. The wife doesn't understand it but she accepts it and doesn't give me grief. I'm a lucky guy, what can I say?

That was a segue into the point of this blog update... besides not having one in a long time. Reently I've gotten into multirotors, something I've wanted to do for quite some time. I bought a Blade mQX in March as that was my "congratulations on finding a new job" present to myself. I was one of the approximately 1,000 people that was "displaced" when PNC Bank bought RBC Bank USA late last year. I was lucky in that I found a comparable job right away with comparable pay and the little quad was a way to celebrate. I've flown planes for many years and been flying helis for 3+ years so I was able to pick it up quickly. I finally made the jump into larger quads and bought a DJI F450 with all the trimmings.

While I read the manual - printed it out, too - the manual is the worst case of Chinglish I have ever seen. With no hesitation I turned to the Internet and more specifically, RCGroups.com. The Naza GPS thread is chock-full of great information as well as forum members that are extremely helpful and patient to newbies to multirotors like myself.

So I wanted to say "thanks" to the wonderful & helpful forum members that come here every day and help the newbie in his/her quest for model aircraft nirvana. Specifically, the folks from the Naza GPS Owner's thread that have been so patient with me while I'm trying to get my quad set up and flying correctly. Some questions were legit and some were (admittently) because I didn't read the manual.

Thanks again guys! Appreciate the help!
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts