SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:59 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
The fact is that in your post which caused my comment, and due to the numbers of posts like this in the past, it is obvious you hold yourself above others whom you do not know, nor do you know their life experiences, integrity or hearts and minds, and pass judgment based on your personal self evaluation.

I find it troubling when people are successful, and look around them and are bitter at those who are not successful. I cannot fathom that mindset. .
Whether I or anyone "passes judgement" on someone else doesn't mean diddlysquat. It's the actions and performance of every individual that counts, not what other people think of them.

That "bitter at those who are not successful" is a load of crap. I hold no feelings one way or another about people who are in their failure stage (everyone goes through failure stages in their life).
I am not bitter about failures. I am, however, bitter that I have to pay for their mistakes, and by doing so, am encouraging them to fail again doing the same thing and to continue to expect that I pay for their mistakes.
But I am bitter about generations of people who are kept in poverty at my expense just so that they can remain in poverty for the next generation and support those policies that keep them in poverty.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:54 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
Whether I or anyone "passes judgement" on someone else doesn't mean diddlysquat. It's the actions and performance of every individual that counts, not what other people think of them.

That "bitter at those who are not successful" is a load of crap. I hold no feelings one way or another about people who are in their failure stage (everyone goes through failure stages in their life).
I am not bitter about failures. I am, however, bitter that I have to pay for their mistakes, and by doing so, am encouraging them to fail again doing the same thing and to continue to expect that I pay for their mistakes.
But I am bitter about generations of people who are kept in poverty at my expense just so that they can remain in poverty for the next generation and support those policies that keep them in poverty.
Damn big ditto and +10 on that post.

Self esteem has to be earned and it cannot be given. It is pure BS to think giving someone a cash card rather than food stand builds esteem. It only enables them to spend it too often at the wrong places. I wonder just how many such are sold for cash to buy drugs or toys with?
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:56 AM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
I can't fathom why rejection of people demanding what is not theirs is somehow 'bitterness at failure' or whatever. It's just disagreement with the notion of taking someone else's stuff.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
I can't fathom why rejection of people demanding what is not theirs is somehow 'bitterness at failure' or whatever. It's just disagreement with the notion of taking someone else's stuff.
I can't understand why some think those that want the tax rates higher "hates the rich" and "success".
Sherlock is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:44 AM
Registered User
mikefast's Avatar
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
I can't understand why some think those that want the tax rates higher "hates the rich" and "success".
Do YOU want to pay more taxes? All you have to do is write a check and send it in. No problem at all. You should set an example for the rest of us.
mikefast is offline Find More Posts by mikefast
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:31 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
I can't understand why some think those that want the tax rates higher "hates the rich" and "success".
You seem to use that word "hate" more than I use "turd". Wonder if there is such a thing as a "hatist".
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
You seem to use that word "hate" more than I use "turd". Wonder if there is such a thing as a "hatist".
Yes, but its spelled p-r-o-g-r-e-s-s-i-v-e. Here endeth the lesson.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:11 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
I can't understand why some think those that want the tax rates higher "hates the rich" and "success".
When you're arguing to take more from someone on the basis that they have been successful, it's not hard to discern what's being punished, and especially when the very same thing, taxation, is (correctly) described as a burden for everyone else.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:43 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
RCWorks's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
1,644 Posts
Some people can not be taught basic economics... Math and Critical Thought as well as Economics are not properly taught in school if at all and we wonder why some people get elected...
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The Republicanís Big Lies About Jobs (And Why Obama Must Repudiate Them) 62pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 37 Mar 15, 2012 01:23 PM
Discussion Recent ap jobs philip frank Aerial Photography 1 Oct 05, 2011 10:59 AM
Discussion Already got a job from the newspaper story frogman1206 Aerial Photography 14 Jul 30, 2010 10:01 AM
Gallery Recent 2005 Fall Jobs dreslism Aerial Photography 17 Feb 12, 2006 02:46 AM
Alert Recent Photo Job Results Rob Schaffer Aerial Photography 8 Nov 17, 2004 09:59 AM