Tim Jonas is online now Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:12 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
You really seem not to have a clue about this!

It makes not one jot of difference when the last US Ambassador picked his nose - went golfing or got killed - what's your point - that Libya was 'a safe place'

My hunches don't mean squat - correct - neither do your claims of 'factually what happened' because none of us know that yet, so stop projecting - it's pointless nonsense!

Dismissive to B/S - well of course - why wouldn't I be dismissive to something I take issue with

Your posts continue to puzzle, but I enjoy em so keep trying
Let me make this simple for you, then. The point of the post has nothing to do with the safeness or lack thereof in Libya. In fact, it has very little to do with Libya at all.

The point of the post is that the President of the United States and the Secretary of State lied.

Might not be a big deal where you are, but it most certainly is on this side of the Atlantic.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:48 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Blaenau Ffestiniog
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
I'll have to dumb them down, then.
I challenge you to do that
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Let me make this simple for you, then. The point of the post has nothing to do with the safeness or lack thereof in Libya. In fact, it has very little to do with Libya at all.

The point of the post is that the President of the United States and the Secretary of State lied.

Might not be a big deal where you are, but it most certainly is on this side of the Atlantic.

Good grief - it seemed not to matter much when Iraqi WMD was discussed at top level.

Guilty of cherrypicking much ?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
There have been clear accounts released by the state department aout what happened and when. They also said they disagree with the admoinistration on their story and never supported that version since no evidence supported it. There are also released information showing claims for increased security that were denied and infact the month before the attack security was reduced. It is also a fact that that Obama, Clinton and the UN secretary knowingly lied to the american people about this story.

Those are all known and published facts. You deciding to ignore them or not read them does not mean they don't exist.
I don't deny any of what you suggest - I certainly don't suggest (although there is no way we can know this yet) that Hillary and Co lied through their teeth - they're politicians and it's 'for your own good - national security' lies have been rife for ever and will continue unabated regardless of who is in the chair next season!

What I cannot accept is that this is in some shape or other worthy of a special mention, and more to the point, neither would it get more than a brief press were the election not due!

So 'B/S' it is still in my eyes!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Anyone see the latest from the official purveyors of unreason and unreality? Now they're claiming they did not blame the video .
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:02 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Anyone see the latest from the official purveyors of unreason and unreality? Now they're claiming they did not blame the video .
They are trying to spin this anyway possible. They were caught flat footed in a huge lie. There is no denying they lied to the american people. This could be devestating to them. They will do anything possible to do damage control.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
416 Posts
Quote:
I don't deny any of what you suggest - I certainly don't suggest (although there is no way we can know this yet) that Hillary and Co lied through their teeth - they're politicians and it's 'for your own good - national security' lies have been rife for ever and will continue unabated regardless of who is in the chair next season!

What I cannot accept is that this is in some shape or other worthy of a special mention, and more to the point, neither would it get more than a brief press were the election not due!

So 'B/S' it is still in my eyes!
I think your president and his administration caught knowingly lying, refusing requests for added security and American's killed while security was denied is news worthy. If you don't think that is newsworthy you need to take your head out of the sand.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
I think your president and his administration caught knowingly lying, refusing requests for added security and American's killed while security was denied is news worthy. If you don't think that is newsworthy you need to take your head out of the sand.
It's 'newsworthy'

It's not a huge deal

Or it wouldn't be if the election were not running!

Same 'big deal' was made with Fast and Furious becuase someone got shot up by a bad guy.

Similar B/S
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:25 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
416 Posts
Quote:
It's 'newsworthy'

It's not a huge deal

Or it wouldn't be if the election were not running!

Same 'big deal' was made with Fast and Furious becuase someone got shot up by a bad guy.

Similar B/S
You might not think it is a big deal but in reality it is HUGE. F&F was bad but only had minor ties to the administration. The 4 americans being killed in the terrorist attack and the lies told go directly to Obama and his admin. There is no executive order to cover this up. His team is on tape lying to the American public.

I know you don't want this to hurt your boy Obama and you will do anything possible to maintain your vision that he will be re-elcted but that dream is falling down around you. You trying to down play a HUGE story has no impact on reality.

A quick look at the websites for ABC, CBS, Fox & CNN show that story at the top of their pages. Seems like a big news story to me. It seems your interpretation doesn't match everyone elses.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:58 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Good grief - it seemed not to matter much when Iraqi WMD was discussed at top level.

Guilty of cherrypicking much ?
again, that's the point. I was appalled that we got sold a bill of goods on WMD. I'm not cherrypicking at all.

This issue stands on its own merits or demerits. I am not comparing, as are you.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
Obama - my boy (again)

Get's a bit wearing
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:24 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Obama - my boy (again)

Get's a bit wearing
*You* are complaining about jabs getting a bit wearing!

Pot....kettle...black.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Feb 2005
1,847 Posts
Quote:
*You* are complaining about jabs getting a bit wearing!

Pot....kettle...black.
It's not the jabs - I can handle those

It's the notion that Obama is 'my boy' that puzzles still

Just because I didn't think much of the last guy and have no time at all for Romney, somehow makes him 'my boy'
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,064 Posts
Quote:
It's not the jabs - I can handle those

It's the notion that Obama is 'my boy' that puzzles still

Just because I didn't think much of the last guy and have no time at all for Romney, somehow makes him 'my boy'
Better untaught than ill taught
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel