HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,139 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
This is the Armattan 399 I built for crash test dummy. It's a brief outdoor demo to show the performance. I built one for SleepyC today with the same specs, but it's a 398mm. Same quad, essentially. I also built a 375mm for Random Ron today with very similar specs, though smaller props. All very aggressive quads.

The guys with the 400s, you'll want to use 3000 mAh batteries with no less that 40c discharge rate for decent flight times. The motors perform extremely well, but they do suck some juice out of a battery.

Video should be ready for viewing in about one hour.

Best,
Chris

PS: Thanks, crash test dummy, for letting me use your quad for the demo.

Armattan 399 (0 min 0 sec)
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:42 PM
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Payment sent! Can't wait to get this thing! Hope I won't need the spares all that soon. 8)

Thanks Chris!
RandomRon is offline Find More Posts by RandomRon
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:39 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Can't wait for my new 339 frame
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
Can't wait for my new 339 frame
Your frames are built. Have not had time to send a picture and paypal info yet. Will do later today and will ship tomorrow.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,139 Posts
Ron, your paypal not showing shipping address. You need to send me your address.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:18 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
417 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Chris what camera do you use to make your videos?
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:32 AM
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Your frames are built. Have not had time to send a picture and paypal info yet. Will do later today and will ship tomorrow.

Best,
Chris
Good news !

Just PM' or e-mail with payment info
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Ron, your paypal not showing shipping address. You need to send me your address.

Best,
Chris
Chris,

I just sent you a PM. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again,
Ron
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,139 Posts
Thanks Ron. I could really use a Swedish masseuse. Can you fix me up? You did say "anything else."

On a more serious note, I have 11 orders ready to pack and ship. I know I said I would ship Tuesday to some of you but I'm afraid it might be Wednesday. Man, I came home after work tonight ready to start packing to have this ready to go tomorrow and I realized I had not made any top plates for any of these quads, yet. By the time I finished making all the plates, it was almost midnight. I then made a list of everything I need to ship along with all the addresses and that was my day right there. I have the afternoon off tomorrow but I don't think I can pack 11 orders on time. If I had boxes I could easily do it but all I have is cardboard and I have to build every box. It's tedious and time consuming.

So... Some orders may go out tomorrow and the rest will DEFINITELY go on Wednesday. Tracking numbers will be sent to everyone.

This is NOT all of them.

Now here's the one I made for tech69 using a CF top plate. Looks awesome. Not good for a KK2 as you can't read the LCD, but he'll be using a Naza.

Thanks all for your patience.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Feels like christmas in october

Kuddos Chris !
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Ron. I could really use a Swedish masseuse. Can you fix me up? You did say "anything else."
I'm not too sure about a Swedish massage but you could look into having one of those special "hot immigrant chick", oriental massages... That will get the kinks out! /shrug

...And please remember to avoid any of the so-called John Travolta style massages.

Cheers,
Ron
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:38 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Quote:

On a more serious note, I have 11 orders ready to pack and ship. I know I said I would ship Tuesday to some of you but I'm afraid it might be Wednesday. Man, I came home after work tonight ready to start packing to have this ready to go tomorrow and I realized I had not made any top plates for any of these quads, yet. By the time I finished making all the plates, it was almost midnight. I then made a list of everything I need to ship along with all the addresses and that was my day right there. I have the afternoon off tomorrow but I don't think I can pack 11 orders on time. If I had boxes I could easily do it but all I have is cardboard and I have to build every box. It's tedious and time consuming.

So... Some orders may go out tomorrow and the rest will DEFINITELY go on Wednesday. Tracking numbers will be sent to everyone.

This is NOT all of them.

Now here's the one I made for tech69 using a CF top plate. Looks awesome. Not good for a KK2 as you can't read the LCD, but he'll be using a Naza.

Thanks all for your patience.

Best,
Chris
Thank you Chris looks very nice payment sent
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,139 Posts
Six orders went out today (tracking numbers sent) and six more are packed and definitely going out tomorrow (tracking will be sent tomorrow). The following is the remaining orders. If your name is not on that list it's because your order is shipped or will be shipped tomorrow. As for the folks on the list below, I'm shooting to have all these orders out by early next week. I'm actually well under my promised deadline for all my orders so far, except for Bryan's, which I feel sorry about but shipped to him today, finally. The list is in order that they will be built:

1- Samcro 290mm + spares

2- Romeo DZ 400mm + spares

3- Inspector Gad 356mm + spares

4- Al 325mm + spares

5- Phasor: 350mm + spares

6- Bryan 2x 400mm for friends (spares unconfirmed)

7- Don 71 400mm (no spares)

8- Uni 356mm (spares unconfirmed)

The previous orders have begun arriving to their shipping destinations and so far the feedback is quite flattering. See my traders ratings. (thanks guys!)

Thanks again for your patience and I'll be in touch with you guys soon.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:31 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Chris,
I would like a couple extra top plates and a couple extra arms for each of the 400's.....better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have 'em!
Appreciated.
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
Chris,
I would like a couple extra top plates and a couple extra arms for each of the 400's.....better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have 'em!
Appreciated.
4 spare arms for the 400s and a total of 6 top plates have already been shipped to you yesterday. You're good to go, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread