HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:37 PM
KG7MNT
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2008
173 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Hi Chris,

I sent you an email.

Thanks, Jerry
Phasor is offline Find More Posts by Phasor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:11 PM
Tennessee
Joined Mar 2005
111 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
7- RomeoDZ: 400-425mm including motors, simonk escs, harware but to FC and no spare parts.

Chris,

Please include the KK2 board with my order. I will send you am email also.

Thanks
romeodz is offline Find More Posts by romeodz
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeodz View Post
Chris,

Please include the KK2 board with my order. I will send you am email also.

Thanks
No problem. I have a few of them not spoken for so this will ne RX ready for you.

By the way gentlemen, the KK2 board doesn't come with servo leads do if you ordered a RXR quad, you need to have some servo leads to connect your receiver.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:25 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
CC3D board is still avaliable in EU store.

http://www.opstore.eu/openpilot/1-coptercontrol.html

Strongly suggest getting one
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:28 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2006
116 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Not anymore I'm afraid. Tried to order one but they were OOS. Just two hours after I got the in-stock email. So KK it is going to be then.
Vibosoft is offline Find More Posts by Vibosoft
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:43 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Still avaliable in EU store. Order ASAP
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:45 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2006
116 Posts
Ok, I have just tried to order An OP board, and I suceeded! Halleluya! And now dl the manual.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:26 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Got me a CC3D on the way
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
I wanted to try the OP board but looks like they are sold out. Oh well...

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Just a quick update for those waiting on their orders. The motors for the 400+ quads arrived yesterday. KK2s are flashed with the latest firmware and the ESCs are flashed with SimonK firmware. I'm off to bed now but tomorrow is the weekend and I will work on assembling a bunch of you guys models in the next two days to ship early next week. You will receive a flight demo from me along with my paypal info when I'm done your build. Those of you whose names are at the top of the list I posted earlier can expect to receive a video from me on Sunday.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2006
116 Posts
Man, I wish I had workers like you do Chris. Working around the clock, even on Sundays!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibosoft View Post
Man, I wish I had workers like you do Chris. Working around the clock, even on Sundays!
I wish I had workers, Period! I actually got up early today just so I can get more work done.I usually sleep in on Saturdays. I finished Bryan's orders for 3 frames after work last night and I'm off to my shop shortly to start assembling some RXR models. Now THAT I like. I like assembling and building. Building frame parts, though, that's just too repetitive and boring.

And them frames I make for Bryan are specially made to fit the hobbywing quattro ESCs. They are a pain in the but to build. Here's what it looks like:

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:44 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Thank you very much Chris for the extra work so I can use the quattro. I do appreciate it. Looks fantastic, by the way!

Much appreciated!
B.
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
The following is for the less experienced pilots who bought a quad from me. I forgot to mention "receiver test". This is essentially an option on the KK2 LCD display that allows you to see if your channels are connected properly and in the right direction. Pretty straightforward, but it should be done before you install props on your quad.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Chris

Pre-Flight Check and Tips; Armattan (12 min 0 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:08 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2006
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I wish I had workers, Period! I actually got up early today just so I can get more work done.I usually sleep in on Saturdays. I finished Bryan's orders for 3 frames after work last night and I'm off to my shop shortly to start assembling some RXR models. Now THAT I like. I like assembling and building. Building frame parts, though, that's just too repetitive and boring.
I like the hardware part, for I have been in electronics component assembling and testing for over a decade now, mostly for audiovisual markets. Connecting wires, testing, calibrating, calibrating and calibrating again, error tracing and all that sort of things. Now I would like to focus on more 'heavy stuff', such as hardware building. My last job had both of these worlds and tasted from the other side. So hardware it is for me then!
Closed Thread