SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie_1520 View Post
would prefer prop adapters on my 400 and don't mind paying a little more to have them. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Tim.
Not a problem, Sir. Price is the same. All the 400+ builds will have 3.17mm collet adapters.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:55 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,738 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
That's 10 hours of work, right there:

Each plate is marked and drilled by hand, holes are then enlarged where needed, battery straps slots are cut, corners are cut, all holes are cleaned up to make sure there are no metal shards. Then each plate is sanded down and prepped for coating. Took me 9 hours to get these done today. I'm a bit tired.

Bottom line is these quads truly are handcrafted units. I have all the arms cut and ready to go as well. I spent time doing this today but now I'm ready to go on an assembly frenzy.

Note that I am NOT taking any more orders for a while. I want to get the orders I have out of the way, then I want to play/fly and build one for myself. I'll let you guys know when I'm ready to accept more orders.

PS: Guys who ordered 400+ size models, your orders will be shipped next Tuesday if all goes well. I am worried the motors I have on hand are not up to the task of running 9 and 10 inch props for these frames so I ordered motors and they will be here on Wed, or Thur. Frames will be ready by then and assembled. The good news is you'll get the specs you need on your machines to have the performance such nice builds deserve. I simply don't want to cut corners on motors since they are a very important part of the build.

Best,
Chris
Wow Chris, I was wondering if you sourced the center plates "as is"... but I see that you drill, prep, and paint them all... yikes! you need oompa loompa's to help you... they can do the boxs and packing that you love doing so much too.
I suprised at the frame and thread popularity... the PM system can get "out of hand" tho. eh?(sorry bout the full box) I see you've started a new email for the frames, good idea!

Your frame has become quite popular and with the deluge of work it must be a bit hard on you, but it's much appreciated. It's a great loking frame and some very nice looking builds you've posted in this thread. I LIKE the sounds of your personal quad project.... can't wait to see the "results"

You guys that are ordering full builds are very very lucky Chris is pre-building them, I had to build my X250 from baggies of parts... and with Chris's help I got the electronics wired and setup, and the finished quad is "dainty" compared to one of these beasts.

Thanks to Chris... quad newbs have never had it sooo good!
I can't wait to get my m290 frame.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
OK, so I sent a PM to 8 people with tracking numbers just now. If you paid me but do not have a tracking number, please contact me.

Just a remider that I am NOT taking any more orders for this quad or for frames.

The remaining orders will be shipped, hopefully, early next week, but I have a good feeling that the people at the bottom of the list will need to wait an extra week as I have warned you.

Here's the list of orders I have now. If I made a mistake; if this is not what you want, then contact me ASAP to correct me. The following are in order that I will make and ship.

1- Bryan's flyin: 2X 400mm specially designed for the quattro 4 in 1 ESCs and 1x 500mm also fitted for quattro ESC. Frames only with spare top plates and spare arms.

2- RCCrash test dummy: *400mm PNP with Devo RX-802 (Sorry, I thought I had enough lights but I'm all out now. So get lights if you want some!) No spare parts.

3- Valkyrie: 400mm RXR with hardware but no spares.

4- SleepyC: 400MM RXR (spare parts needed or not has not been confirmed.)

5- RandomRon 350-400mm RXR with spare parts.

6- Samcro: 290mm with spare parts.

7- RomeoDZ: 400-425mm RXR, no spare parts.

8-
Tech69x: 454.7891mm. (spare parts needed or not has not been confirmed.) Confirmed

9- Andy Q. 356 and 400 frames with hardware only. (spare parts needed or not has not been confirmed.)

10- Shafter: 339 frame with spares.

11- inspectorgad M358 RXR with spares

12- N#SH: 290 RXR (spare parts needed or not has not been confirmed.)

13- bobepine: 338mm with carbon fiber center plates and motors that have 900 grams of thrust.

14- bobepine: A cold beer.

15- Phasor: 400 RXR with spare parts

16- Bryan's Flyin: 2x 400mm with spares

I have the center plates made for all these quads and the arms cut for almost all of these quad. Only a few quads need to have the arms prepped and coated. So it should be processed faster than the last 9 orders.

Important note: If spare parts are not confirmed, I will ship with no spares.

Important note 2:
Frames only come assembled but I do not drill the arms for the motors mounts. You can drill them out yourself according to the motors you plan to use.

Once again, I am no longer accepting orders for a while. Thanks guys!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Oct 18, 2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:28 PM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
719 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Good day for everyone who have ordered, sad day for those who have not

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
OK, so I sent a PM to 8 people with tracking numbers just now. If you paid me but do not have a tracking number, please contact me.

Just a remider that I am NOT taking any more orders for this quad or for frames.

The raiming orders will be shipped, hopefully, early next week, but I have a good feeling that the people at the bottom of the list will need to wait an extra week as I have warned you.

Here's the list of orders I have now. If I made a mistake; if this is not what you want, them contact me ASAP to correct me. The following are in order that I will make and ship.

1- Bran flying: 2X 400mm specially designed for the quattro 4 in 1 ESCs and 1x 500mm also fitted for quattro ESC. Frames only with necessary hardware but no spare parts.

2- RCCrash test dummy: *400mm PNP with Devo RX-802 (Sorry, I thought I had enough lights but I'm all out now. So get lights if you want some!) No spare parts.

3- Valkyrie: 400mm RXR with hardware but no spares.

4- SleepyC: 400MM RXR (spare parts needed or not has not been confirmed.)

5- RandomRon 350-400mm RXR with spare parts.

6- Samcro: 290mm with spare parts.

7- RomeoDZ: 400-425mm including motors, simonk escs, harware but to FC and no spare parts.

8-
Tech69x: 454.7891mm. (spare parts needed or not has not been confirmed.)

9- Andy Q. 356 and 400 frames with hardware only. (spare parts needed or not has not been confirmed.)

10- Shafter: 339 frame with spares.

11- inspectorgad M358 RXR (spare parts needed or not has not been confirmed.)

12- N#SH: 290 RXR (spare parts needed or not has not been confirmed.)

13- bobepine: 338mm with carbon fiber center plates and motors that have 900 grams of thrust.

14- bobepine: A cold beer.

I have the center plates made for all these quads and the arms cut for almost all of these quad. Only a few quads need to have the arms prepped and coated. So it should be processed faster than the last 9 orders.

Important note: If spare parts are not confirmed, I will ship with no spares.

Important note 2:
Frames only come assembled but I do not drill the arms for the motors mounts. You can drill them out yourself according to the motors you plan to use.

Once again, I am no longer accepting orders for a while. Thanks guys!

Best,
Chris
unfaix is offline Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:32 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Email sent
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Email sent
Received. Your order is changed from a 454.7891mm. to 454.789034mm. Consider it done, Sir!

People keep asking me about weight....

Here's a comparison. My Warthox build with 2812 motors and 20 amps ESCs weighs 535 grams without a battery installed. The Armattan 356mm with identical specs weighs 530 grams.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
And what is this about pink paint for someone
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
And what is this about pink paint for someone
Oh Yes, that's Bryan. I'm not sure what the deal is with him. The dude likes pink. Even his pick up truck is pink.

Best,
C.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:11 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I don't know how many Armattan users are out there, but this is my maiden flight to spice up tastes for all people waiting

I learned bad way that 9X stock range is only <200m

Already ordered second frame from Chris !

Armattan 339 maiden. (0 min 0 sec)
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfaix View Post
Good day for everyone who have ordered, sad day for those who have not

After these orders are shipped, I'll take a week or two off. Then I'll be building more. Only one or two at the time, though.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:24 PM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,371 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
How much weight does the CF center plates save? Are they indestructible as well?
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jul 2012
17 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
You're doing a great job! Thanks for that.
phischi is offline Find More Posts by phischi
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
I don't know how many Armattan users are out there, but this is my maiden flight to spice up tastes for all people waiting

I learned bad way that 9X stock range is only <200m

Already ordered second frame from Chris !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyQCF...ature=youtu.be
I guess I have just been lucky I have flown a lot further than that straight up that is
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:56 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
I did not receive a PM, PM sent.
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Last edited by Bryan's Flyin; Nov 01, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Closed Thread