HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:35 AM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie_1520 View Post
Sweet!!! Can't wait to see my 400mm version.
You will love it bro. I have 2 of his 400's....they are bad to the bone!

Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:52 AM
Tennessee
Joined Mar 2005
111 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie_1520 View Post
Sweet!!! Can't wait to see my 400mm version.
And my 425mm version!!!
romeodz is offline Find More Posts by romeodz
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,125 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
I know what it's like to wait for a new toy and I appreciate you guys' patience. I gave myself a two week window when I accepted your orders and I'm darn confident I can meet this deadline. In fact, those who ordered earlier will most likely have their models shipped a bit earlier than that.

I have all the arms made and the center plates ready, too. The ESCs are flashed and recovered with new heatshrink. The KK2 boards are programmed. Just waiting on motors now. They should arrive in 2-3 days.

When that is all said and done, I will build me a CF Armattan, then I will re-open for orders but I will do it differently this time. I will only take one order at the time. First come first served type thing. Building 18 frames and about 14 quads in two weeks is something I will not do again. I've been stupidly busy. I never thought this model would garner so much interest. I'm flattered.

That said, don't worry about your build. I'm a perfectionist and no matter how busy I am I will simply not allow myself to cut corners on a build. These quads are handcrafted with the best of my abilities and care. Even each KK2 buzzers are carefully secured with dental floss and I even use a drop of CA glue to the floss' knots to make sure it doesn't come loose. I use metal locktite when mounting the motors, and I use plastic locktite when mounting plastic standoffs. I essentially build these models as if they were for me.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:42 PM
Tennessee
Joined Mar 2005
111 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I know what it's like to wait for a new toy and I appreciate you guys' patience. I gave myself a two week window when I accepted your orders and I'm darn confident I can meet this deadline. In fact, those who ordered earlier will most likely have their models shipped a bit earlier than that.

Best,
Chris
Please don't rush. Take a break and enjoy life. Just knowing you have a prize coming your way is part of the excitement.
romeodz is offline Find More Posts by romeodz
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:51 PM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
719 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Enjoy life, then when youre ready, take my order
unfaix is offline Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:04 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,125 Posts
That battery would work fine but the connector isn't the same. There is a guy selling props in the classifieds for 1$ each. I think he has some 8 inch ones.

These are the connectors you need to get. You can always get a few and some heatshrink and install them. Don't reverse the polarity, though, like someone who recently bought a DJI F330 did.... You'll blow all 4 ESCs if you do that.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:07 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
I wonder where you read that
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,125 Posts
Short term memory issues, grampa69x?
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:40 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,371 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Hi Chris -

Nice builds! How you considered offering a hexa version?

Regards,
- Felix
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:45 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Nov 2005
163 Posts
Trader Rating: 109
Hey Chris, like the other guys said, take your time. No hurry here.

One question. I noticed that some of the quad build pics ahead of me have prop savers. I would prefer prop adapters on my 400 and don't mind paying a little more to have them. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Tim.
Valkyrie_1520 is offline Find More Posts by Valkyrie_1520
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:32 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Short term memory issues, grampa69x?
Short term memory issues, well I will have to think on that
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Hi Chris -

Nice builds! How you considered offering a hexa version?

Regards,
- Felix
Hi Felix,

That gave me shivers! More arms to drill, more holes, more holes, more holes. No, no, I probably will not make that because I design frames for myself and I happened to offer this one for others, but I'm not keen on using so many motors. Seems high maintenance to me.

I am thinking about designing a tricopter frame, though. Something basic, but strong. Less arms... less holes. I have many other projects on my plate before that will happen, though. A T style tricopter frame would be really easy to build, I think.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,125 Posts
Shipping tomorrow

Thank you for your patience gents. I originally planned to ship today but man, oh man, I underestimated how long it would take me to pack this stuff. I ran out of time before the post office closed. Good news is (thank goodness) I'm done packing this shipping batch and I'm definitely making a trip to the post office at lunch time tomorrow. So all of you who have paid me already will receive a tracking number from me tomorrow.

I really can't stand packing, by the way. I hate it with a passion. I have to build all the boxes because there seems to be NO square boxes of the size I need in the entire universe. I use thick cardboard so I think these models will travel well. Shipping from here takes between 9 and 14 days, but 9 times out of ten it's right around the 10 days mark. This goes for European countries, North and South America and Hawaii.

BY the time I cleaned the packing mess in my shop today, I had spent 4 hours packing. It's ridiculous. Never again. I hate packing! Anyways, if you did send me money, your name is on one of these boxes:

Except for templeton and Bryan Flyin. Templeton only ordered raw alumi material with some center plates today, and as for Bryan, I am still waiting on the pink paint to come in. Hoping to have both you guys' orders shipped before the weekend, though.

And as for the other guys who have not received a video of a finished build yet (this would be the last two orders I accepted and the guys who ordered 400+ builds), and who have not paid me yet, I'm shooting to have that done for you over the weekend. Tracking my motors order tells me that motors are due to arrive this Thursday. When you receive your own private video/flight demo, you can pay me if you're happy with what you see.

Thanks again for your patience, gents.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread