HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
"It's AALIVVVEEEE! MUHAHAHAHAHA!" *cue crackling thunder*
Lol....

C.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
KG7MNT
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2008
180 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
What do you guys think? This is my soon to be Armattan CM355.

The center plates are raw for now but I have anodized center plates that should be ready tomorrow. This is just a sneak preview, I guess.

These will be available for ordering soon, but won't be cheap, especially if you want anodized center plates. Arms can also be anodized. This is aircraft aluminium (6106). Not the cheap stuff. It's lighter and stiffer than low grade alumi, and it has some spring to it.

Stay tuned for a price list, but do not keep your hopes up. This is pricey laser cut high grade alumi. Good news is I will keep offering the cheaper rectangular tubular arms as well. So you'll have different options in terms of build and price range.

Best,
Chris
I like it....looks very stong. Will th ends of the booms come drilled for motors for those of us that just order frames?
Phasor is offline Find More Posts by Phasor
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:08 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post

Good lord what a frame

After anodizing it will look awesome, nobody will resist

Black armattan frame weights around 180g, old one with G10 plates and 15x15 profiles was 125-130g

Rough guess this thing is ~100g and capable of warping into hyperspeed ...
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:43 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
Those nylon landing bolts just snap off like twigs and the battery I guess take the landing and bent the plates . I have to touch down in a cloud not to snap those nylon landing sticks lol
Gavinxman,

I hiked all over Lowes, Home Depot, x2 LHS, etc. looking for those nylon landing sticks with zero luck. However, I did come-up with a solution/substitute that's working perfectly so far. Just go into the fastener section of your local Lowes and pick-up the following:

x4 #4-40 x 3" All-thread rod. Sometimes called (Threaded Rod) NOT machine screws or any other type of bolt. (Think to stiff/damage to your arms.)

x8 #4-40 Nuts, lock washers, reg washers.

I just took the bottom half of the nylon landing gear and screwed it onto one end of the all-thread. (Not the exact same thread as the nylon, but it will screw in and stay put.) Then using the nuts washer's I just slid the other end into the holes (No drilling necessary) and adjusted/evened-up all four legs. Measuring from the bottom of the nylon skid to the top of the arms to keep everything even/level. I want to say 84mm was the overall length.

They work GREAT!!! It gives plenty of blade and batt clearance, about 3" or so, and will easily bend/give-out long before bending/kinking the boom's of the Armattan... Trust Me

I've had several hard landings/controlled crashes, done some cart wheels, etc and all I have to do is bend them back into place.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Nov 12, 2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:27 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Quote:
Arent these 2822 rctimer motors ?
Don't change the subject we would like to see a video
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
What the hell r u talking about ??? What video ??? Why are you so interested a video from me ? did you pay for my quad or my parts ???? Is there something I can help you with ??? What subject am I trying to change this is a hobby that's it plane and simple . If you have a problem with me call 843-861-5269 !!!!
You smell that? *sniff sniff* Urine. In your cornflakes. And it's plain not plane.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:53 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Quote:
I phone lol I having some serious family issues right now and this toy is one of the last things in my mind. I was trying to get it flying stable for those kids and that's it but all this will have to go on the back burner.
Family is more important bud. Take a break, your quad will be right where you left it. Hope you get everything worked out.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:06 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Thanks but some guys like pushing buttons and I have a short temper but only when someone coming off as a smart a$$ . You said yourself the one thing I didn't do was give up and I want it just need a new motor . Thanks for your help by the way !!!! So THANKS
Well, not sure I helped any, but I did mean what I said. Like anything in life, if you give up the battle is over. You'll get it sorted out sooner or later I'm sure, and I hope you get everything sorted with the family as well.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
As mentioned via email, Gavin, I do not sell motors. I'm not an actual vendor, you know? I paid for shipping for these motors and I'd have to pay to ship them to you, too. Plus, I buy them in sets of 4 so if I send you 1 or 2 of them, this means I have to order more and pay shipping yet again to have a complete set for another build.

Now if your motor was defective off the bat, I would oblige. Absolutely. But you saw the video demo I sent you. This quad was fine until you began crashing it, I believe. I understand you're not asking for a free replacement but by the time I add the cost of shipping, you're better off getting one or 4! on your own. I bet you probably need straight props adapters by now, too.

To answer your question, these motors are RCX motors but a RCTimer motor with the same specs should fly well along with the other 3 RCX motors. You should be able to get one of these on Ebay and have it at your doorstep before my package arrives. I'm shipping today.

And guys, you should be able to find nylon standoffs on Ebay easily, as well, if not, there are a bunch of companies that sell them on your side of the pond.

Best of luck sorting this all out.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Please keep the drama for pms. This has nothing to do with me. If you have disagreements with other posters I suggest you do in private. This thread is for feedback and technical support to which you are welcome.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:16 AM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Looks like I should have my 355 in tomorrow sometime. I Can't wait! Too bad I won't have a radio here for it, but it is on the way. Thanks again, Chris!
Closed Thread