SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:51 AM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,261 Posts
Trader Rating: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
One down, two to go.

I'll PM you about the center plates and size specifications for the quad you just ordered. I need to know what size you want.

Best,
Chris
Chris,

PM sent.

Jim
Jim Frahm is offline Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,772 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post
Chris,

I'll buy all 3 center plates with only 1 set built as a RX-R and the other 2 sets as center plates only if you want to sale them that way?

Jim

PM sent. All good.

Still two RXR models available. 1 sold, 2 left.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:58 AM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
719 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Number two
unfaix is offline Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfaix View Post
Number two
Two gone. One left. What size do you want, Sir?

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:13 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Ahhhh, I see the light... I'll just run down Lowes and pick-up a couple handfuls of those nylon screw's and standoffs then. It makes perfect sense.

Chris, thank you VERY MUCH for the deal on the extra arm's!!! I'll take'em, money has already been sent. Just PM me if you need my address.

-Pat

Quote:
Pat,

The landing skids are MEANT to break easily as to not kink the arms. If you use bolts in there, you will damage the arms. It won't make the quad un-flyable, but it will affect aesthetics. Nylon screws and standoffs are super cheap and they take a second to replace. That's how I designed it. Beats having to replace a 10$ landing skids or damaging the arms. I originally built these models for myself. They are acro models and I knew full well I would crash them. I crash EVERY day. I'm currently trying some new moves and I've been crashing at an insane rate. I'm going through props fast. The frame is still alive, though. It IS indestructible. Literally.

Best,
Chris

PS: I have three arms I drilled a hole for the landing skids on the wrong side by mistake (see the third hole on the center plates side). They will fit your 400. Same size. You want them? Pay me 5$ for shipping and they are yours. Have a look below.

Best,
Chris

RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:15 PM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
93 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I want one. I would like the size to be between 350-360 your choice.
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Dammit mactek, you slipped in before I could type "I'll take #3"

Lucky quick fingered S.O.B....Hahahahahaa! You'll LOVE this thing.

-Pat

P.S. Chris if anyone backs-out, I'll take it. I'm still wanting a 700+ size bad-boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,772 Posts
Quote:
Will ship you a 356mm next Tuesday. Nice choice on the size. It's a very nice size that offers awesome performance and agility with 8 inch props.

Here's how I do it, guys. I build it, I make a short video showing some flying and then I send you the video along with my paypal info. If you like what you see in the video, you pay me and I ship. If you change you're mind, please let me know, no biggie, I just list it and sell it to someone else.

Thanks guys.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Jan 2012
93 Posts
Since i am a newbie, i need to order some batteries do you have any suggestions of what size i should order for this size quad.

Thanks
Chad
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,772 Posts
Pat,

You're welcome about the spare arms. I think the holes are no big deal as the arms are not likely to bend that close to the center plates. But I still can't sell them like that on a new build so might as well ship them to you. The 5$ should cover the postage.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,772 Posts
Quote:
Since i am a newbie, i need to order some batteries do you have any suggestions of what size i should order for this size quad.

Thanks
Chad
You need 3s batteries. 2000-2200 mAh, with no less than 40C discharge rate. And you should also order some spare 8045 props. If you can find Angel Power 2200 mAh 3s/40c batteries, snag some. I really like them.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Now back to the fun stuff;

After several adult beverages and me glancing at my 400 every 2 seconds, I simply couldn't help myself and had to fire that bad-ass up just one more time before passing-out. NOT one of my better idea's, but who cares, this thing is simply to damn much fun.

I only had a 10'x10' area where the porch light was shining through the tree's bright enough to see in my front yard to fly in....No matter because all I was doing was; cutting the throttle, letting it fall until it almost hit the ground then punching it just to hear those prop's beating the air into submission. Mad freaking power and surprisingly stable.

I of course carried-on with this foolishness until I smacked one of the prop's and launched one of those little bullet looking aluminium prop nuts/whatever you call them into the darkness of the night.. Still haven't found it, kinda doubt I will. Probably going to have to order a handful of those as well.

Note to others concerning props: I can't remember the name/company who makes the prop's that Chris sells with the Armattans, but they are QUITE a bit thicker/stronger than the 6 set's of Gemfans I got in the mail the other day. The Gemfans I'm sure will work just fine, but I like the one's that came with it a lot better. Just my 2 cents.

-Pat
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:44 PM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
719 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Quote:
Two gone. One left. What size do you want, Sir?

Best,
Chris
how about 456? :-D
unfaix is offline Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Jan 2012
93 Posts
I just searched all over that must be a battery that is only available where you are. I will probably end up getting the turnigy brand from Hobbyking. Chris do you have a website that you order your supplies from for the quads that you build.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Jan 2012
93 Posts
Is anyone on here using a Walkera 7e radio. I need to buy a radio and i dont really want spend the money on a Spektrum nor do i want to mess around modifying a Turnigy 9x. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.
Closed Thread