HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:31 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,490 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Here's a sneak preview of the new center plates. These are just samples I got today. I'm not ready to build with these yet.

Looks darn good to me. Now wait to see the CNC arms... Not cheap, though...

I sent some samples center plates to be anodized today... I less than likely sell them, though. They are going to be for me and a friend or two. Way too expensive, but it's going to look sick.

Stay tuned...

Best,
Chris
Very nice indeed!
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Thanks, man. And that's my logo. Now I need the actual whole name; "Armattan" designed to match the font used for the "A" on the top plate. Feel free to dust off the old photoshop and see what you come up with, Sir. And thank you for the offer (via PM). Very generous of you.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:44 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
If anyone is interested:

V1.4 firmware for KK2 board

Mostly improved self-level

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6208
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Thanks, shafted. I will be using this FW on future builds.

And now, thanks to Creepy1, here's my newly designed brand name.

I like it a lot. This one is here to stay.

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:44 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
I know about all the parts and options for 9x and I'm sure smarty works fine witch the USB hardware cable from HK for $5 will do the same thing after its installed . Smarty does not have back LCD it only has the plug for your LCD from HK for $5 . IMHO to make a 9x what it should be er9x and a frsky mod would be necessary. I did the stick calibration last night and the numbers in kk2 where ever worse lolo. But as I said I go back to orange rx and dx5 and BAM 00000s across the board . And I'm doing sensor calib after these changes . 1 thing I learned was how great a kk2 is and easy to work , and every setting a 9x has lolo . I've tries it all and I'm stopping by my lh and get a new dx8 like I said I was going to do . The 9x are nice but will need mods as everyone knows but I don't have time to do all the things I WOULD WANT TO DO and it's not feasible compared to the price of a DX seven and for a few more bucks the DX8 and there much much better radio in my honest opinion. THANKS GUYS
Let me know how that HK mod goes its not as easy as you think
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:52 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Sweet baby Geezus this thing thing has got some BALLS!!!! I feel like a little kid again...just freaking giddy right now, and that's from less than 1 minute of trying to get it to hover....Yeeee-Haaaa!

Bet you can't guess who got their Devo 7 today?

I would like to make an engineering recommendation if I may, based on some experience from being in the hands of an idiot...LMAO! The recommendation would be MUCH TOUGHER landing gear...Hahahahaa! I thought I had it all figured-out, went out in the front yard in almost total darkness, then suddenly discovered the elevator and aileron NEEDED to be reversed....*still laughing* Me and a buddy looked like we were in the movie Matrix with some of those moves we had to make to get the hell out of the way. As it started rolling back at us I thought, no problem let me give her a little forward elev...WRONG...then I had that OH S moment and of course gave it A LOT of forward elev and that girl stood on her a$$ and shot right back at us...Bwaahahahahaa!

Unless you are a seasoned pilot I would STRONGLY recommend any future owner's heed Chris's warning of dialing this bird down until you get some experience! Holy crap this thing's a hot rod! I did in fact dial down elev and ail to 40% before flight but I think I should have dropped the throttle a bit as well. This baby will be up in the clouds in the blink of an eye...

I'm going to have to use some bolts for landing gear until I figure-out something a little cooler...Oh, and clean the mud out of the end of one of the arms. BTW Chris may I humbly request at least 2 extra arms? I don't need them yet, but I get the feeling I'm gonna.

Anyhow, can't till the AM to see what this baby's really got under the hood. Goodnight ya'll I'm off to have a beer.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Oh, and the new brand name looks awesome! Nice work Creepy1.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:02 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
How do I calm my down also ? Like alir. , elev, etc. I need to slow the movements way down as it get to fast to soon for me . I don't want the stability to be taken away from the new settings and I'd like to know what to come down on . Stick scaling is already at 27 should I come on down with that ? Thanks

Scroll down to "stick scaling" in the KK2 meny and reduce the numbers for pitch/roll.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Pat,

The landing skids are MEANT to break easily as to not kink the arms. If you use bolts in there, you will damage the arms. It won't make the quad un-flyable, but it will affect aesthetics. Nylon screws and standoffs are super cheap and they take a second to replace. That's how I designed it. Beats having to replace a 10$ landing skids or damaging the arms. I originally built these models for myself. They are acro models and I knew full well I would crash them. I crash EVERY day. I'm currently trying some new moves and I've been crashing at an insane rate. I'm going through props fast. The frame is still alive, though. It IS indestructible. Literally.

Best,
Chris

PS: I have three arms I drilled a hole for the landing skids on the wrong side by mistake (see the third hole on the center plates side). They will fit your 400. Same size. You want them? Pay me 5$ for shipping and they are yours. Have a look below.

Best,
Chris

Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Since I am waiting on parts from the CNC company, I have an opening for 3 orders. I will build them with the same CNC plates shown above, minus the logo. They are samples I got last week and they have a round hole in the middle instead of the logo.

Since they are samples and since the newer plates will be available soon with the logo, I'm offering 3 RXR builds for 170$ and I will ship them next Tuesday to whoever snags one.

The specs will be the same: SimonK ESCs, KK2 flashed with the most recent update, and motors that ensure excellent acro performance. All NIP parts.

No PMs. The first three people to post here can have one and we can work out the details via email later.

170$ includes shipping and paypal fees. This is a bargain guys. Normal price was 185$ and the plates were not CNC. These are CNC plates. Bottom line is I don't want to waste the center plates and I'd like to build them up before I begin building with the new plates once they are ready. Hence the low price.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:36 AM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,256 Posts
Trader Rating: 125
I'll take one Chris!

You can't have too many Armattan quads if you ask me.

Jim
Jim Frahm is offline Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:39 AM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,256 Posts
Trader Rating: 125
Chris,

If you want to get rid of the other 2 sets of center plates I'll buy those as well and use them on the 2 quads you just sent me?

Jim
Jim Frahm is offline Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post
I'll take one Chris!

You can't have too many Armattan quads if you ask me.

Jim
One down, two to go.

I'll PM you about the center plates and size specifications for the quad you just ordered. I need to know what size you want.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread