RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
Everything is Upgradeable.
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Aug 2010
1,036 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Here we go again with the post office did this or that. Fault was that the buyer purchased and was not there to receive it. Usually is one attempt and held at the post office. Unless a redeliver is noted. The other guy that posted underpaid and second time around got caught.
postalflyer72 is offline Find More Posts by postalflyer72
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:08 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,136 Posts
Trader Rating: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by postalflyer72 View Post
Here we go again with the post office did this or that. Fault was that the buyer purchased and was not there to receive it. Usually is one attempt and held at the post office. Unless a redeliver is noted. The other guy that posted underpaid and second time around got caught.
I didn't intend this to be a rail against the post office-I am 100% satisfied with their service...They delivered halfway across the Continent in two days!...No problem there...
I wanted to say that no matter how hard you try,there's always something unexpected happening.
I shipped at noon on the 3rd-it was at the address on the 5th ! That's fast.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:58 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
428 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
Quote:
I guess you missed the part where Hemikiller said he went to the Post Office and they gave him the original rate. So I guess he got caught in their error...not his!

I suppose Earl's shipped package couldn't be signed for because the party was not home...probably working. There are a few Post Offices in NJ that I deal with that don't open until 9:30AM and one of them didn't open the door until 9:41 without any apology to all that were standing in line. Not everyone can skip out of work to run to a Post Office that opens after everyone else should be at work.
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:45 PM
Lou
Well, that should buff out.
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,754 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I sold a Kit to someone for over $240...Shipped on the 3rd,arrived on the 5th,and there was no one at home to sign for it.I PM'd the buyer and notified him of the problem?,and haven't heard back.
Now it's the 10th,and I'm getting concerned.

The buyer is overseas,kit was shipped to the midwest,with all the protections,paid by Paypall.The money is in my PP account.A notice was left by USPS to come sign and pickup,or schedule a delivery date.

Should I consider the transaction completed?
Scratching my noodle on this. How do you know the buyer is overseas temporary or otherwise and did you tell him you were requiring a signature? Did you know he was going overseas when you shipped the package?

It will probably turn out all good but I would be slightly concerned if he signed for the package a day after the PP period expires and a day before the P.O. 30 days expired.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:32 AM
Joined Oct 2011
9,136 Posts
How do I know?

In my COMMUNICATION with the buyer,and after checking his Trader Rating,and PM'ing a couple of people he has traded with,we determined the buyer is definitely overseas........

There is no problem with having the kit shipped to his friend,in the continental United States,to save the inconvenience of shipping to his location,then having to bring it back,on his return..

This morning,He contacted me,thanking me for the follow up message....The package will be collected soon.

An acknowledgement on his part,of my message on the 5th,would have been beneficial.
It's just good business,to know my efforts result in a happy customer.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:55 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,680 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Quote:
..."The other guy that posted underpaid and second time around got caught."
From your 'handle' & tone I take it you work for the USPS? In any regard how dare you try to shift blame for any supposed wrongdoing with thinly veiled accusations as if that 'other guy' was somehow dishonest! How do you relate setting a package on the counter & paying the full amount that is told to you is the cost, as "underpaying"? And later repeating the act & being given (& paying) the supposedly* correct amount as "getting caught?" What exactly was he "caught" doing?

*No evidence to support; given the record this could just as well have been the error.

Your supposition is preposterous - and the innuendo, a gross disservice to a presumably innocent man.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:09 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,296 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
Excellent news. I'm very happy this is going to work out and your communications seem to have been really good. Congrats and I only wish everyone had your communications skills. Seems some can't even stay on topic lol.

Cheers all and again, glad this one is working out ok.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Oct 2011
9,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
Excellent news. I'm very happy this is going to work out and your communications seem to have been really good. Congrats and I only wish everyone had your communications skills. Seems some can't even stay on topic lol.

Cheers all and again, glad this one is working out ok.
Today's a good day....The buyer PM'd the kit has been collected,a little later,due to the third party's schedule.
All is well.
I wanted to take you guys along for the "new " ride..And you behaved yourselves admirably...We learned things with dignity and respect.
Thank you very much..
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:38 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,296 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
Most excellent !!!
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Closed Thread