Closed Thread
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:52 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
Why would a crazy spend thousands on a quad, when he can just throw the explosive? No quad=more money for the boom stuff.
This has been my point whenever someone brings up terrorists and RC. No
terrorist is going to spend all that time, effort, and money designing a quad
that drops small bombs. Why would he? For practically the same price he
could buy a cheap used van and absolutely stuff it with ANO3 bags soaked in
diesel. Way more damage, way more terror.

Sometimes I wonder who the real terrorists are, you know, the guys looking
to terrify people...

-Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:56 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,775 Posts
And why do we discuss the way and what to do. Lets give no ideas for them to follow or how to do it.
Martin Y is online now Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:05 PM
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Jul 2011
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy View Post
This has been my point whenever someone brings up terrorists and RC. No
terrorist is going to spend all that time, effort, and money designing a quad
that drops small bombs. Why would he? For practically the same price he
could buy a cheap used van and absolutely stuff it with ANO3 bags soaked in
diesel. Way more damage, way more terror.

Sometimes I wonder who the real terrorists are, you know, the guys looking
to terrify people...

-Blues
If you refer to my last post, it's much harder to track and identify/find an FPV flyer remotely piloting within a one mile radius than a truck driver. Sure, they may not be able to carry enough payload to cause significant infrastructure damage, but they will be hard to find- meaning they can repeat the same stunt over and over again. I'd find it surprising if whoever is driving the truck in the given example survive the blast, if he is not caught after that.
Lpbug is offline Find More Posts by Lpbug
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:16 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,664 Posts
Can dream up worst case scenarios all day, but the stunt in the video that you chose
to start this thread, was not "FPV guided" . It was not video piloted in any way shape or form.
The subject of the thread is pure trolling. Just because it was an RC aircraft with
a camera, doesn't mean it belongs in this forum.

BTW, with only about a half dozen useable video frequencies available, tracking
and pinpointing FPV transmissions across a relatively wide geographic area would be
*extremely* easy for motivated LEOs.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:19 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpbug View Post
If you refer to my last post, it's much harder to track and identify/find an FPV flyer remotely piloting within a one mile radius than a truck driver. Sure, they may not be able to carry enough payload to cause significant infrastructure damage, but they will be hard to find- meaning they can repeat the same stunt over and over again. I'd find it surprising if whoever is driving the truck in the given example survive the blast, if he is not caught after that.
Terrorists don't care about surviving.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:23 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,588 Posts
He is packing a gun so must worry about surviving

Ian's right this has nothing todo with fpv

One cool video was when guys tried to shoot down a rc plane as it flew back and forth over water, they used a variety of guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
Terrorists don't care about surviving.
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Pete, you're not getting the point I'm trying to make. Sure, he can "just throw the explosive" but why would he do that if he could fly from a mile away, drop the explosive, REMOTELY, and not have to deal with any consequences whatsoever? It doesn't have to be high explosives either, what about home made napalm? Simple soap+gasoline can cause very significant damage to people. What about mustard gas that was used during the Dark Knight Rises massacre in Colorado? I'm not an expert, but it takes next to nothing to recognize that there are destructive substances other than C4 that people can get their hands on without having to prove their intention with it. "Please, close thie thread"? It's a perfectly legitimate discussion and I find no reason for that, you're welcome to not participate- no one is forcing you to stay. The video should be brought up and discussed because it shows that FPV can be more than just a "hobby" with the possibilities it opens up and the implicit responsibilities that lie in our hands. If one of us attract enough government attention ESPECIALLY here in the US, you can bet that FPV flying will be a lot less enjoyable.
The people who want to harm people are going to do it. They don't need a quad, and they don't need to "get away with it".

You argument is invalid. There is no FPV in this video.

Close this pointless Drama thread.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
He is packing a gun so must worry about surviving

Ian's right this has nothing todo with fpv

One cool video was when guys tried to shoot down a rc plane as it flew back and forth over water, they used a variety of guns
He isnt a terrorist.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:30 PM
Joined Jul 2011
493 Posts
@Pete If you watch the video from the beginning he clearly stated that there is a live stream coming back to the ground within a six mile radius. Why not watch before you make assertions? If it's pointless for you, then leave this thread. Is it that hard?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:32 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
@Pete If you watch the video from the beginning he clearly stated that there is a live stream coming back to the ground within a six mile radius. Why not watch before you make assertions? If it's pointless for you, then leave this thread. Is it that hard?
I saw the video months ago. It's called Reddit.

I'm sure he says alot of things

Clearly you are just here to troll.

Thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Jul 2011
493 Posts
Okay, you are entitled to your own opinions, since you're so convicted in the first place I see no reason to argue with you.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:37 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,664 Posts
He had three multi-rotors and clearly stated the one one they were going to use was the
bigger "weight bearing one" in front of the table (with the long legs), which had no FPV gear
on it. Watch it again yourself.
The 6 mile comment was in the context of surveillance duties and referred to the other hexa on the
table, which has a clearly visible but improperly mounted Vee antenna..

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Jul 2011
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Can dream up worst case scenarios all day, but the stunt in the video that you chose
to start this thread, was not "FPV guided" . It was not video piloted in any way shape or form.
The subject of the thread is pure trolling. Just because it was an RC aircraft with
a camera, doesn't mean it belongs in this forum.

BTW, with only about a half dozen useable video frequencies available, tracking
and pinpointing FPV transmissions across a relatively wide geographic area would be
*extremely* easy for motivated LEOs.

ian
"The subject of the thread is pure trolling." Daemon, I respectfully disagree. I just want to hear others' opinions on FPV. As the general attitude people have towards FPV is that it is just a hobby, we don't have an official representation when issues like these need to be looked over. Last time I checked, the AMA was the closest thing we have to a representing body, and you of all people should know their attitude towards FPV. If you watch the video the poster asserted that there is a live video feed that can be solid up to 6 miles radius. I personally can't care less about the video nor the legality of the poster's actions. I'm more concerned about it being used as something that can restrict FPV flying. The real question I cannot answer is what will we, as a community, do should the day come when someone incites enough drama for regulations to be made. Sorry if you and other people see it as a "troll" thread, but even if I do troll, RCG will be the last place I will even consider trolling.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:52 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
"The subject of the thread is pure trolling." Daemon, I respectfully disagree. I just want to hear others' opinions on FPV. As the general attitude people have towards FPV is that it is just a hobby, we don't have an official representation when issues like these need to be looked over. Last time I checked, the AMA was the closest thing we have to a representing body, and you of all people should know their attitude towards FPV. If you watch the video the poster asserted that there is a live video feed that can be solid up to 6 miles radius. I personally can't care less about the video nor the legality of the poster's actions. I'm more concerned about it being used as something that can restrict FPV flying. The real question I cannot answer is what will we, as a community, do should the day come when someone incites enough drama for regulations to be made. Sorry if you and other people see it as a "troll" thread, but even if I do troll, RCG will be the last place I will even consider trolling.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
HTFPV flips with KK board. (0 min 43 sec)
Closed Thread