SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:07 AM
Micro Master ;)
franklin, in
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
What's the facebook page, link didn't work. And ill give you a perfect person to have do a review. Not sure if you heard of him or not, his name he goes by online is jevries, www.jevries.com he has been all over the world showing his creations off, has had some big toy makers try to buy his one offs and such. He's just got amazing talent and he would be a great person to do a review. Check his site out and contact him from there. He's a really good guy also.
tyhodge07 is offline Find More Posts by tyhodge07
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:19 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,701 Posts
I'm in... I entered... and did all 3 entries!!

Hey Bud!

I'm glad you were able to get this made... sorry my TTTT trucks got destroyed and I couldn't help you out on the project, but it looks like you got a good handle on it...

Talk to you soon

Congrats!!
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:55 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,162 Posts
I now have a galaxy s3 and still have my iphone 3GS and the galaxy isn't that much faster

Don't get me wrong Android is great BUT not fantastic
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:43 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
derk's Avatar
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,475 Posts
the galaxy s3 is far more powerful than a 3gs iphone... speed might not be noticeably different but in terms of computing and multitasking, its ages ahead of a 3gs.

once you guys do have the android version out, i would love to build my own tttt chassis for the electronics out of this
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:07 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,162 Posts
True

I know on paper s3 is supposed to be better than iphone 5. Still I'd like to tinker with one
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:16 PM
Micro Master ;)
franklin, in
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
IPhone 5 is basically an iPhone 4, iPhone 4 is basically a 3gs jailbroke. If you purchase a phone for a bigger screen, more thin phone (as they advertise) then your trying to hang with the fad of apple products. I went from apple to droid and droid rules the cell phone market. They are so advanced when compared to apple. Apple has done all they can with their operating platform, it's time for them to change it up or just quit making lame devices imo. Just my 2 cents. And I own an EVO LTE which has been the fastest phone I've owned and I can do whatever iPhone can do and more. There is no limit for android.
tyhodge07 is offline Find More Posts by tyhodge07
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:57 PM
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhodge07 View Post
IPhone 5 is basically an iPhone 4, iPhone 4 is basically a 3gs jailbroke. If you purchase a phone for a bigger screen, more thin phone (as they advertise) then your trying to hang with the fad of apple products. I went from apple to droid and droid rules the cell phone market. They are so advanced when compared to apple. Apple has done all they can with their operating platform, it's time for them to change it up or just quit making lame devices imo. Just my 2 cents. And I own an EVO LTE which has been the fastest phone I've owned and I can do whatever iPhone can do and more. There is no limit for android.
You clearly have never looked at the specs, and don't know what jailbreaking really is...

The 4 has a faster processor than the 3GS, and retina display
The 4s has a totally new and faster processor and more memory and Siri
The 5 has another totally newer, faster and quad core processor and more memory and taller display and LTE.

Jailbreaking is a process that removes the apple restrictions on the firmware so you can install stuff that wasn't approved by apple. If all you did was jailbreak a phone you would see no difference in how it looks/functions.

As for Android, it's starting to have the same issues windows had/has. Too many versions floating around, and all kinds of things to worry about with hardware compatibility/drivers and now viruses. Developing for Android isn't as straightforward either since there are a TON of devices out there all with different hardware and screens/resolutions.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:29 PM
Plantraco's Avatar
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,236 Posts
ZenWheels Micro Car Review. Micro RC Car You Control With Your iPhone. Precision Control (6 min 50 sec)


Check this out guys!

A great review from the DadDoes.com website!

http://www.daddoes.com/7007/zenwheels-micro-car-review/
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:43 PM
Micro Master ;)
franklin, in
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
You clearly have never looked at the specs, and don't know what jailbreaking really is...

The 4 has a faster processor than the 3GS, and retina display
The 4s has a totally new and faster processor and more memory and Siri
The 5 has another totally newer, faster and quad core processor and more memory and taller display and LTE.

Jailbreaking is a process that removes the apple restrictions on the firmware so you can install stuff that wasn't approved by apple. If all you did was jailbreak a phone you would see no difference in how it looks/functions.

As for Android, it's starting to have the same issues windows had/has. Too many versions floating around, and all kinds of things to worry about with hardware compatibility/drivers and now viruses. Developing for Android isn't as straightforward either since there are a TON of devices out there all with different hardware and screens/resolutions.
I've checked specs. Not much to look at. A faster processor on a model released a few months later doesnt make me go wow. Seri. Who cares. Different display, their catching up. The free android phones you can get with new service has already had that. IPhone doesn't impress me, specs are so outdated. To each their own, they won't last much longer with the operating system they carry. It's outdated. Never have had a virus or a problem with my android system. Has worked and ran great. as I said their all basically the same phone, Ik I wouldn't drop 500 for a better processor a few months later or cuz it has Seri. They need more then that to sell me.
tyhodge07 is offline Find More Posts by tyhodge07
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:32 PM
Plantraco's Avatar
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhodge07 View Post
I've checked specs. Not much to look at. A faster processor on a model released a few months later doesnt make me go wow. Seri. Who cares. Different display, their catching up. The free android phones you can get with new service has already had that. IPhone doesn't impress me, specs are so outdated. To each their own, they won't last much longer with the operating system they carry. It's outdated. Never have had a virus or a problem with my android system. Has worked and ran great. as I said their all basically the same phone, Ik I wouldn't drop 500 for a better processor a few months later or cuz it has Seri. They need more then that to sell me.

Guys, guys, guys, while we realize that the iPhone is only a Fad, and we surely recognize that the iPhone 5 is just an iPhone 4s and and iPhone 4 is just an iPhone 4GS and an iPhone 2 is just an iPhone 1, it really has little to do with the ZenWheels iPhone Controlled Micro Car.

I'm sure the iPhone will evaporate soon and the world will go back to Blackberries with buttons and we will all celebrate. That's all clear.

But I am interested to know your reaction about the ZenWheels iPhone Controlled Micro Car actually.

Check out that DadDoes.com video - it's the best review so far - I'm hoping to see what hobbyists are going to do with it.

ZenWheels Micro Car Review. Micro RC Car You Control With Your iPhone. Precision Control (6 min 50 sec)


http://www.daddoes.com/7007/zenwheels-micro-car-review/

Did a spark catch a fire with any of you about the throttle and steering on this thing? I worked hard to make it good for you guys, and I just wonder if anyone notices the goodness of this new R/C car or whether you'd all rather go back to zip zaps and Q-Steer?

For the price of a tank of gas (in Canada, in a Chev Suburban), you can own the best Micro R/C Car ever to be seen. I figured this would be of greater interest than the MHz of an iPhone clone.

The joke is on the skeptics, such superstitious self appointed vigilantes for the suppression of curiosity
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Plantraco; Oct 29, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:36 PM
Plantraco's Avatar
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhodge07 View Post
What's the facebook page, link didn't work. And ill give you a perfect person to have do a review. Not sure if you heard of him or not, his name he goes by online is jevries, www.jevries.com he has been all over the world showing his creations off, has had some big toy makers try to buy his one offs and such. He's just got amazing talent and he would be a great person to do a review. Check his site out and contact him from there. He's a really good guy also.

The facebook contest link does NOT work from mobile devices unfortunately - you have to enter the contest from a regular computer it seems. Not sure why that is - it has something to do with the raffle contest software that is on Facebook.

Try again from a computer to get your entry in. I would advise doing that - the odds of winning are good, and I'd like to see some people from RC Groups win a ZenWheels because I'm hopeful that you will tell others about it and spread the word.
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:57 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,162 Posts
That was a great review

It made me even more excited to get this.

I for one am glad it has precision proportional control.

Case in point

I bought a smaller New Bright rc car and it has proportional nothing. Steering is horrible and it has one speed. This cost $30 and I wish I could take it back as its a huge disappointment. The cheap TX I think however was/is the worst part lol.

From what I have seen thus far, without having my own yet, it looks like a technological/mechanical marvel in the rc car world.

I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes.

Hurry up Canada post lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantraco View Post
Guys, guys, guys, while we realize that the iPhone is only a Fad, and we surely recognize that the iPhone 5 is just an iPhone 4s and and iPhone 4 is just an iPhone 4GS and an iPhone 2 is just an iPhone 1, it really has little to do with the ZenWheels iPhone Controlled Micro Car.

I'm sure the iPhone will evaporate soon and the world will go back to Blackberries with buttons and we will all celebrate. That's all clear.

But I am interested to know your reaction about the ZenWheels iPhone Controlled Micro Car actually.

Check out that DadDoes.com video - it's the best review so far - I'm hoping to see what hobbyists are going to do with it.

http://youtu.be/Kl1mZpvTQcU

http://www.daddoes.com/7007/zenwheels-micro-car-review/

Did a spark catch a fire with any of you about the throttle and steering on this thing? I worked hard to make it good for you guys, and I just wonder if anyone notices the goodness of this new R/C car or whether you'd all rather go back to zip zaps and Q-Steer?

For the price of a tank of gas (in Canada, in a Chev Suburban), you can own the best Micro R/C Car ever to be seen. I figured this would be of greater interest than the MHz of an iPhone clone.

The joke is on the skeptics, such superstitious self appointed vigilantes for the suppression of curiosity
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:14 PM
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhodge07 View Post
I've checked specs. Not much to look at. A faster processor on a model released a few months later doesnt make me go wow. Seri. Who cares. Different display, their catching up. The free android phones you can get with new service has already had that. IPhone doesn't impress me, specs are so outdated. To each their own, they won't last much longer with the operating system they carry. It's outdated. Never have had a virus or a problem with my android system. Has worked and ran great. as I said their all basically the same phone, Ik I wouldn't drop 500 for a better processor a few months later or cuz it has Seri. They need more then that to sell me.
You're comparing hardware (iPhone versions) to an OS (Android)... start looking at all the new features released with each version of iOS and the changes pile up much faster. I didn't mention them because you can just upgrade the OS without needing a new phone.

If you compare the hardware specs of a Galaxy SIII to an iPhone 5 they're VERY similar. Most reviews give the iPhone 5 higher scores on hardware specs over anything out there currently.

If you also compare an SII to an SIII there are about the same amount of hardware changes between them as there are between iPhone models.

I'm not knocking Android, but claiming it's miles ahead of the current iPhone is simply an unfounded claim. The BIG benefit to the iPhone over Android is that you know you're getting a solid phone. There are many TERRIBLE phones that run Android out there.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:26 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,162 Posts
Okay guys

Enough of the arguing; this thread is about the Zenwheels micro csr

Please respect that.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:46 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,701 Posts
Wow... that looks really cool... and it's faster than has been shown to date (@1:03)... I like the fact that it has full control of the turn signals, lights, and sounds... is that modeled after the Nissan Juke? I won't tell... LOL
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo How to control rc cars using Ipod/Iphone IPhly app with flysky radio. Kronikpilot Off-road Cars 8 Jul 15, 2012 09:05 AM
Discussion Iphone controlled RC wall climbing car LightLake Off-road Cars 6 Sep 13, 2011 10:39 PM