SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:17 PM
United States, OH, Rosemount
Joined Jul 2011
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
I'd like to see a nice big seafury in foam.
I'll second that one.. a 1400mm Sea fury!
JM66 is offline Find More Posts by JM66
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: German Luftwaffe pilots
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Apr 2011
197 Posts
I have the privilege of working on the B2. It has a hump... maybe FMS is making a B2 bomber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Sweet! That would make my week!

Had a couple B-2 Spirits flying in formation over my house a week ago. It was dark but I could tell by the light formation and sound it had to be B-2s.
afgoalie is offline Find More Posts by afgoalie
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
Well afgoalie, a couple of things.

One, I'm jealous of your line of work. Two, I would love nothing more than if FMS was getting ready to release the B-2 Spirit (one that is stable unlike LX's version) but I can honestly say that's not it. It is a WWII tail-draggin' warbird with flaps and guns.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Apr 2011
197 Posts
I did purchase a kit version of that LX model. Worked great as a display/retirement gift for a retiring Chief. I would be first in line for one with solid flight characteristics.

Quote:

One, I'm jealous of your line of work. Two, I would love nothing more than if FMS was getting ready to release the B-2 Spirit (one that is stable unlike LX's version) but I can honestly say that's not it.
afgoalie is offline Find More Posts by afgoalie
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
380 Posts
Quote:

One, I'm jealous of your line of work. Two, I would love nothing more than if FMS was getting ready to release the B-2 Spirit (one that is stable unlike LX's version) but I can honestly say that's not it. It is a WWII tail-draggin' warbird with flaps and guns.
AH HAH.... A taildragger.... now we're getting somewhere You might as well tell us, you know you can't hold it in any longer
warbirdfan2 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdfan2
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:00 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,253 Posts
An ill wind will blow ... Tempest, Typhoon, HURRICANE if he breaks his promise
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:14 PM
United States, CA, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2011
723 Posts
Quote:
Okay, it flew in WWII.

Sorry, that was mean. LOL...

I'm trying to think of a hint without giving it away. Tomorrow's Hump Day, maybe then?
Nice one, Aros! "Hump" day, eh?....well I take that to hint there's something on it's back....a razor back P-47?!
6Sally5 is online now Find More Posts by 6Sally5
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:33 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Sally5 View Post
Nice one, Aros! "Hump" day, eh?....well I take that to hint there's something on it's back....a razor back P-47?!
I think you got it...
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:33 PM
too many planes
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Sep 2012
144 Posts
f4f wildcat with retacts wrong its the Freewing offering
ww2birder is offline Find More Posts by ww2birder
Last edited by ww2birder; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:41 PM
7.62x51
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
699 Posts
Quote:
Sweet! That would make my week!

Had a couple B-2 Spirits flying in formation over my house a week ago. It was dark but I could tell by the light formation and sound it had to be B-2s.
When a B-2 is flying up at altitude, you will only see 2 lights; the anti-collision lights (strobe). Unless, of course, it'd doing it's "thing", you won't see anything. Further, they are very quiet when flying. Not trying to say you didn't see a couple of B-2s Aros; just giving you a better idea of a B-2. I worked on them as a AFSC 2A676 for over 11 years.

I'm going to laugh my butt off if it's another Mustang! I, for one, LOVE Mustangs...
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
429 Posts
F4f

[QUOTE=ww2birder;22967208]f4f wildcat with retacts:I
I think your 150 % right
Fired Up is offline Find More Posts by Fired Up
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:13 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElIntocable View Post
When a B-2 is flying up at altitude, you will only see 2 lights; the anti-collision lights (strobe). Unless, of course, it'd doing it's "thing", you won't see anything. Further, they are very quiet when flying. Not trying to say you didn't see a couple of B-2s Aros; just giving you a better idea of a B-2. I worked on them as a AFSC 2A676 for over 11 years.
Well NOW things get interesting! I would have absolutely thought they were UFOs but I could plainly here the low rumbling of engines. I assumed they were two B-2s because one, their chevron-shaped lighting config and two, I saw two B-2s flying above our neighborhood at high altitude in the daytime once so I assumed that's what they were.

Thanks for the clarification. Here's a rendering of what I saw when I looked up. The white lights were non-blinking and the red light just aft of the front white light would blink very slowly. Whatever it was it wasn't commercial.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, MO, Kingsville
Joined Nov 2001
1,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElIntocable View Post

I'm going to laugh my butt off if it's another Mustang! I, for one, LOVE Mustangs...
live right down the road from you....don't see them often but you do hear them. Back when RG was alive and well we also got to see A10's and before that c130's all the time....sad to dee it go.
cherokee is offline Find More Posts by cherokee
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:43 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,676 Posts
Quote:

I think that rules out the P-39.

A Hurricane would be cool, just a shame I just bought the E-Flite one.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine View Post
I think that rules out the P-39.

A Hurricane would be cool, just a shame I just bought the E-Flite one.
I'd still buy it. I just finished building the windrider hurricane.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush