HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:01 AM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
too bad. The lex is wrong, the ailerons are WAY too big (which makes the flaps too small.
Maybe they will address these issues before release???
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:30 AM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
708 Posts
Now lets see the airframe please someone

can't wait

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Mar 2011
177 Posts
I bought another p47 kit couple weeks back and with new paint schemes and decals,a new plane coming,2013 will start out great for me and fms!
FokkerD is offline Find More Posts by FokkerD
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:26 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,362 Posts
Is this real?

Ok, between everyone's fantasy and dreams I cannot tell what is real. Is it really a P-51B? How do you know this? Any pictures of it anywhere? I don't know all the differances, but I do know that both planes did not have the same wing. Bud Anderson said he liked the model B better than his D model. I think the B looks better. For newbies Bud flew Old Crow and is still living.

Old Crow has been flown since the picture.
nageotte is online now Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:45 AM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
380 Posts
hmmm .... I will think for FMS cause yes, I am that smart lol..... no pun intended and I use this phrase for entertainment purposes... "we here are tired of the complaints that the Red tails plane is a painted P-51D..... We will shut them up finally by molding a P-51B and paint it properly to the true attire .... Props for me
Smoothcruizer3 is online now Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:40 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Really not trying to be a downer but I kinda see the B as a remake, just a different fuse. That is probably the let down for a lot of guys as they were expecting something fresh, hence my version 8 comment.

It's funny how the FMS poll resulted in another vendor jumping on the band wagon and producing 2 of the birds that were at the top of the list, and so far ignored by FMS.

I look forward to the next fresh release from FMS.

Enjoy the B guys

Cheers

Seacrest out..........
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:46 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Brent, I already explained why the 262 was not made by FMS: with the technology currently available, it is not possible to make a Me262 that meets the expectations FMS has in their own models...

What was the other plane made? Seems I missed that one...

About the wing: the B's wing is not that different to the D's, the overall shape is almost the same and the model B's wing will only have 2 machine guns each side, which actually is the most obvious difference for most people.

To the "remake-whiners": how would a Razorback Jug, a Spitfire Mk. I or V or a FW190 Dora then not be a remake?!

There are two principal versions of the Mustang, the B/C and the D and they do look quite different to each other, actually the difference is greater than in between the 190 A and D for example.
A manufacturer should have both these versions in their portfolio. As for the others (A, X and whatever), they are only variations of the two. But I think nobody can deny that the B/C and the D are sufficiently different to each other to justify to make them both...

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:57 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Apr 2012
244 Posts
i dont blame fms for making this, they gotta make a seller. Not sure difference between making a razorback jug and this, pretty much both are a "remake". Whatever i got my fms 109 and stuka, im a happy guy and feel fortunate for them making those models.
Cant expect them to be making warbirds that most of the public dont know about. But unfortunatly i may be going to dynam for my next plane that me 262 is pretty unresistable, i would go for the 190 but my brother has it.
bullworm is offline Find More Posts by bullworm
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:07 PM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot View Post
Brent, I already explained why the 262 was not made by FMS: with the technology currently available, it is not possible to make a Me262 that meets the expectations FMS has in their own models...

What was the other plane made? Seems I missed that one...

About the wing: the B's wing is not that different to the D's, the overall shape is almost the same and the model B's wing will only have 2 machine guns each side, which actually is the most obvious difference for most people.

To the "remake-whiners": how would a Razorback Jug, a Spitfire Mk. I or V or a FW190 Dora then not be a remake?!

There are two principal versions of the Mustang, the B/C and the D and they do look quite different to each other, actually the difference is greater than in between the 190 A and D for example.
A manufacturer should have both these versions in their portfolio. As for the others (A, X and whatever), they are only variations of the two. But I think nobody can deny that the B/C and the D are sufficiently different to each other to justify to make them both...

Cheers,
Bernhard
Bernhard,
I might feel differently were I in your shoes, but I don't think any of this discussion is meant to be taken personally. I LOVE the fact that FMS does solicit opinions, but when folks offer them (some more aggressively than others, I agree) I don't know if it helps further the dialogue by labeling dissenting individuals as "whiners".
I am actually looking forward to seeing how FMS treats the B, and I could potentially see myself picking one up. Yet this doesn't change my disappointment in hoping to have seen a completely new model and so I have stated my opinion as such. Just don't like to see things degenerate to name calling when people don't fall in line with the current situation.

And I think the Dora is much more significantly different to the A than the Mustang B to D (over 3 feet longer and a liqiud cooled vs Radial engine being the much more part...), but that too is just my opinion...
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:20 PM
AMA#313760
Joined May 2009
708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
Really not trying to be a downer but I kinda see the B as a remake, just a different fuse. That is probably the let down for a lot of guys as they were expecting something fresh, hence my version 8 comment.

It's funny how the FMS poll resulted in another vendor jumping on the band wagon and producing 2 of the birds that were at the top of the list, and so far ignored by FMS.

I look forward to the next fresh release from FMS.

Enjoy the B guys

Cheers

Seacrest out..........
Yepper that ME262 would of been outstanding

John
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:26 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
Ok, between everyone's fantasy and dreams I cannot tell what is real. Is it really a P-51B? How do you know this? Any pictures of it anywhere? I don't know all the differances, but I do know that both planes did not have the same wing. Bud Anderson said he liked the model B better than his D model. I think the B looks better. For newbies Bud flew Old Crow and is still living.

Old Crow has been flown since the picture.
Old crow in this livery was real and I have wartime pictures of it somewhere.

But the "B" wing was NOT the same as the D wing. Not only was there one less gun per wing in the B. The Leading edge extension at the wing root was MUCH smaller the the "D". As I mentioned, North American changed the fwd rake of the landing gear on the D model which necessitated the inner wheel well be enlarged, thus changing the LE sweep at the root.

Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
AMA#313760
Joined May 2009
708 Posts
Quote:
Old crow in this livery was real and I have wartime pictures of it somewhere.

But the "B" wing was NOT the same as the D wing. Not only was there one less gun per wing in the B. The Leading edge extension at the wing root was MUCH smaller the the "D". As I mentioned, North American changed the fwd rake of the landing gear on the D model which necessitated the inner wheel well be enlarged, thus changing the LE sweep at the root.

Tom
Big +1

John
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:58 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,399 Posts
I also find it interesting that in FMS 1700mm P-51D (as well as their made-for-Durafly 1100mm P-51D)they DID address some of my scale concerns as to the contour of the belly and the size of the aileron/ flaps.

I certainly hope they translate into the B (which stands for beautiful I might add!)

Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:35 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,114 Posts
Quote:
I also find it interesting that in FMS 1700mm P-51D (as well as their made-for-Durafly 1100mm P-51D)they DID address some of my scale concerns as to the contour of the belly and the size of the aileron/ flaps.

I certainly hope they translate into the B (which stands for beautiful I might add!)

Tom

Ooops! I thought it was B for Bodacious
I would like to see it in kit form so we can put our own components into it.
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:48 PM
AMA#313760
Joined May 2009
708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
Ooops! I thought it was B for Bodacious
I would like to see it in kit form so we can put our own components into it.
I would like to just see a few pictures of it myself,

John