SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Mar 2011
177 Posts
Another mus--/\--^---/\--^---/\--^---/\--^--^------------------------------------------------------
FokkerD is offline Find More Posts by FokkerD
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:03 PM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Wow... I didn't expect the bird to be announced that early... anyway, to all the haters:

This is RCG and people who are lurking around here do only represent a small and sophisticated portion of the market... it is impossible to deny: Mustangs sell, and as there hasn't been a B-Mustang before in foam, this one will definately sell well.

That said, I for one would have liked to see something completely different, but to give FMS a reasonable recommendation I had to go with the B-Mustang because no 190 Dora, no P-39 and no Razorback Jug will nearly reach the sales numbers of a Mustang, no matter what version.

According to this thread, the D-Mustang would be FMS' least selling plane... truth is that it is the best selling bird by far. What do you think why they made 7 versions until today? Because you take good care of your flagship product and ever improve it to make sure it stays a bestseller...

To answer a few questions here:
1.) The E-Flite B-Mustang is NOT foam.
2.) The "V8" R2F has announced is in fact the V7 P-51D. A misunderstanding of the European distributors and FMS had them call the facelift of V6 a V8, nobody knows why. Now they seem to continue to call V7 a V8... kind of misleading...
3.) The polls we had here were not official. They were made by John, me and I think a few others just to get an idea what people like at all. Of course FMS looks at them, but then this is not democracy and you have to carefully read and interpret these polls. Because in a forum like RCG, not only the special interest planes will flop in such a poll, but also the total mainstream birds. Just look at how much the Razorback Jug was mentioned, it flopped in the polls as well. The poll winners will definately be done one day, but right now we have a severe crisis and it's better to stick to certain proven sellers to be able to make enough money to survive. A B-Mustang is a certain seller and it just is not the time to go ahead and try if a P-39 would really be selling as nice as the poll on RCG suggested...

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Last edited by Beltpilot; Oct 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:07 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
"B" version is ok I guess. Still glad I bought the V2 "D" model.
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:13 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Cañada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,763 Posts
So Bernard when would a realistic release date be if will still need to choose a scheme?
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:30 PM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
So Bernard when would a realistic release date be if will still need to choose a scheme?
I have no idea really and to be honest, I don't wanna comment on this right now. If they told me the truth, no chance for November... we'll see...
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
Make me a proper Spitfire!
Norway
Joined Jul 2009
1,022 Posts
From a sales perspective it is totally understandable that FMS makes the most out of what is their greatest success by far. That way all of us wanting the odd or more mainstream warbird ( A REDONE SPITFIRE ) will have a greater chance in getting one. FMS gave us two great flying German warbirds this year, the FW 190 A-8 and Me 109F-4. No competitors even get close to making scale foam ARF’s like FMS in the 1400mm range

…..uhhmm do I get paid by or is supported by FMS?? …No I just enjoy their nice planes and support their decision in securing their income.

Keep up the good work FMS!

PS: I do not own a FMS Mustang, and will probably not…I am waiting for a new and redone SPITFIRE in both 1400mm and 2000mm (not 1700mm) size..a Spitfire MkVb or MkIX are both welcome

Terje
SAPSPIT is offline Find More Posts by SAPSPIT
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:10 PM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPSPIT View Post
...and 2000mm (not 1700mm) size
Terje
Sorry, Terje, you'll wait forever for that one
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:12 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPSPIT View Post
From a sales perspective it is totally understandable that FMS makes the most out of what is their greatest success by far. That way all of us wanting the odd or more mainstream warbird ( A REDONE SPITFIRE ) will have a greater chance in getting one. FMS gave us two great flying German warbirds this year, the FW 190 A-8 and Me 109F-4. No competitors even get close to making scale foam ARF’s like FMS in the 1400mm range

…..uhhmm do I get paid by or is supported by FMS?? …No I just enjoy their nice planes and support their decision in securing their income.

Keep up the good work FMS!

Terje
Yup, a very fair statement. I may not be happy with another P-51 but its simple economics. A worthy sacrifice to sustain the future of FMS. Who knows, maybe one of my friends will get a D model and I will feel compelled to get the B model to do some formation flying. Man I am so week to peer pressure.

Orion

P-47 RAZORBACK!!!
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:18 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Cañada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,763 Posts
Power of the B is breaking you OP. I only have one D in may stable and have to admit I have been wanting one of these for a long time.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:21 PM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
I do not have a P51 this is one I will get and it will have all the new upgrades
Maybe the new retracts that Sundancer was testing for FMS also and loved
This thread was a lot of fun and still is
Love all the whining
I look forward the theme poll and I will vote
I hope this a big hit for FMS, they have been good to us so far
Like I said if is their outlook then the next one will be a P47 Razorback
inspector5419 is offline Find More Posts by inspector5419
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:23 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
I suppose I am a fan of fastbacks
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:27 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Power of the B is breaking you OP. I only have one D in may stable and have to admit I have been wanting one of these for a long time.
I have always said that if I were to own a P-51 it would have to be a B model. Its still a Mustank but its just off the mainstream bandwagon. Still I would need a friend to own one before I get one and right now, my formation flying friend is like me and can't stand P-51s.

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:27 PM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
No silver Mustangs or mine becomes a German captured Mustang
inspector5419 is offline Find More Posts by inspector5419
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Either way, the new FMS 1400 model set to release in November is...
Gee.. I wonder if my BASH had something to do with their decision.

Anyway.... I sure hope they fixed the contour of the belly scoop on the B. it has been wrong throughout all the D versions. It is flat sided almost all the way to the bottom and is just rounded a bit. The original model had a very large radius on the belly.

Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:45 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot View Post
Wow... I didn't expect the bird to be announced that early... anyway, to all the haters:

This is RCG and people who are lurking around here do only represent a small and sophisticated portion of the market... it is impossible to deny: Mustangs sell, and as there hasn't been a B-Mustang before in foam, this one will definately sell well.

That said, I for one would have liked to see something completely different, but to give FMS a reasonable recommendation I had to go with the B-Mustang because no 190 Dora, no P-39 and no Razorback Jug will nearly reach the sales numbers of a Mustang, no matter what version.

According to this thread, the D-Mustang would be FMS' least selling plane... truth is that it is the best selling bird by far. What do you think why they made 7 versions until today? Because you take good care of your flagship product and ever improve it to make sure it stays a bestseller...

To answer a few questions here:
1.) The E-Flite B-Mustang is NOT foam.
2.) The "V8" R2F has announced is in fact the V7 P-51D. A misunderstanding of the European distributors and FMS had them call the facelift of V6 a V8, nobody knows why. Now they seem to continue to call V7 a V8... kind of misleading...
3.) The polls we had here were not official. They were made by John, me and I think a few others just to get an idea what people like at all. Of course FMS looks at them, but then this is not democracy and you have to carefully read and interpret these polls. Because in a forum like RCG, not only the special interest planes will flop in such a poll, but also the total mainstream birds. Just look at how much the Razorback Jug was mentioned, it flopped in the polls as well. The poll winners will definately be done one day, but right now we have a severe crisis and it's better to stick to certain proven sellers to be able to make enough money to survive. A B-Mustang is a certain seller and it just is not the time to go ahead and try if a P-39 would really be selling as nice as the poll on RCG suggested...

Cheers,
Bernhard
Thanks Bernhard!
I totally agree with your assessment. FMS needs to keep the bread and butter products successful so that they are free to make the more interesting planes!

I have a V6 P-51. And I love it! I will be purchasing this new P-51B when it comes out. But I would also like to see the v7 type updates applied to the Spitfire, F4U, and P-47! And a 1400 Tempest! I will purchase all of those.

This has been a fun thread!
karltrek is online now Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member