SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:11 PM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
I know your were as most of us
But I will tell you I will buy a P51B over the D just because no one else has one
just like the P47 Razorback
Cash in hand for it
glad I am converting my Durafly P47 over to a Razorback
inspector5419 is offline Find More Posts by inspector5419
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:21 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,763 Posts
I win I win I win I guessed first. Check for yourself on page 4 or . So what did I win.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:27 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,694 Posts
I saw one of the dogfight episodes recently on the History Channel featuring the Tuskegee Airmen P-51B Mustangs. They had some pretty cool CG effects with this plane...

Dogfights - Tuskegee Airmen - History Channel (44 min 46 sec)

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:28 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Belt Pilot said "Well known, but hardly seen"=P-51B
Page 3 actually.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:29 PM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
Aros here is my vote for the P51B
Lt. Col. James Howard flew P-51B (specifications) “Ding Hao!” AJ-A (36315), when he was Commanding Officer of the 354th Fighter Group. He flew with the American Fighter Group, known as the “Flying Tigers”, in China until the unit disbanded on July 4, 1942, and then he joined the 356th Fighter Squadron, 354th Fighter Group, 9th USAAF, in England. While he was with the Flying Tigers, he was credited with 2.33 air-to-air and four air-to-ground victories, and his total of 8.33 air-to-air made him an Ace. On January 11, 1944, he single-handedly defended a formation of B-17 bombers from the 401st Bomb Group against an estimated 30-40 German fighters northwest of Halberstadt, Germany. For his efforts on this mission, he was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, the only fighter pilot in northwestern Europe to receive the nations highest honor.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:35 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
I hope it flyes better than the last p51 version
Airdog67 is offline Find More Posts by Airdog67
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:42 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,763 Posts
Well, can I pick the scheme for guessing correct Bernard and Todd? Still sticking with Hofer.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:43 PM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Dec 2011
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Okay, I have just been given the green light from FMS.

A couple of you had it guessed from the start...

Like I said, some of you will like it, some of you will not.

Either way, the new FMS 1400 model set to release in November is...

(NOTE: The photo only represents the plane itself NOT the livery. We will run a poll as soon as I get actual photos of the model from FMS for you to choose the livery)...

Very cool!
I always liked the look of the B or C versions.
They look very different than the D version.
If I could choose a scheme it would be something other than silver and without invasion stripes.
Either way it's easy enough to change yourself.
danpos is online now Find More Posts by danpos
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:43 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,225 Posts
Being a P51 whore, a B version is great news. It will be nice if FMS included two canopy types with each kit.

Next FMS release can be a Razorback, following the trend.

These models are easy rehashes of popular models, so FMS and many if not most warbirders are satisfied.
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:45 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
I totally get why some are disappointed. The Mustang is extremely ubiquitous in the RC world. But to be fair, I've never seen a foam "B" variant - ever. That's gotta count for something?

Not that my input is any Midas touch to FMS of course but I will definitely do my best to talk to them about the appeal a fresh new model (like many of which has been raised in this thread) would bring to many RC warbird flyers.

Keep in mind, they see things pretty black and white like any company selling product does. And that is, what are the top sellers? Clearly, their Mustang tops that list, hence the new versions and now variants. As much as some purists would love some obscure, cool warbird, chances are they won't create it unless they feel it will be a good seller.

(This is why our hobby is inundated with Corsairs, Mustangs and so on). Now, the good news is that FMS probably leads the pack when it comes to how much a manufacturer TRULY listens to the feedback of their consumers. These guys very much "get it" in that regard. So while yes, they will still continue selling the "hot" items (from a general consumer perspective), I am quite sure there are some tantalizing, unique warbirds coming from FMS in our future.

To be honest, I never liked the P-51B. I thought it was an ugly "mutant" of the gorgeous P-51D. Now, having grown older and wiser, I see the beauty in the beast and I can't personally wait for my own!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:55 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,847 Posts
I prefer the P47 razorback to the turtleback P51B. Oh well hopefully that's next.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:03 PM
United States, NC, Marion
Joined Jun 2011
816 Posts
Ok now that we have another mustang on to the next plane
ncflyer79 is offline Find More Posts by ncflyer79
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:10 PM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyer79 View Post
ok now that we have another mustang on to the next plane
p47 razorback :d
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:14 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Version 8
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:16 PM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
I totally get why some are disappointed. The Mustang is extremely ubiquitous in the RC world. But to be fair, I've never seen a foam "B" variant - ever. That's gotta count for something?

Not that my input is any Midas touch to FMS of course but I will definitely do my best to talk to them about the appeal a fresh new model (like many of which has been raised in this thread) would bring to many RC warbird flyers.

Keep in mind, they see things pretty black and white like any company selling product does. And that is, what are the top sellers? Clearly, their Mustang tops that list, hence the new versions and now variants. As much as some purists would love some obscure, cool warbird, chances are they won't create it unless they feel it will be a good seller.

(This is why our hobby is inundated with Corsairs, Mustangs and so on). Now, the good news is that FMS probably leads the pack when it comes to how much a manufacturer TRULY listens to the feedback of their consumers. These guys very much "get it" in that regard. So while yes, they will still continue selling the "hot" items (from a general consumer perspective), I am quite sure there are some tantalizing, unique warbirds coming from FMS in our future.

To be honest, I never liked the P-51B. I thought it was an ugly "mutant" of the gorgeous P-51D. Now, having grown older and wiser, I see the beauty in the beast and I can't personally wait for my own!
That is all true
and FMS is good at listening to to our feed back
ask them to come out with some new theme and not recycle some old decals
and I know I can call Callie if I need to
I just dont want to a P51B Shangri-La