1,680 Posts
you guys actually think this reverse psychology works
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:10 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
But if this thread was not started people would go buy something else anyway as they would have no idea there is something coming. Now some might not mind a wait to see if it is something they want more than something else. I guess it kinda goes both ways
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:12 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
not to mention if the wait is too long people will find other things to buy and by the time the new plane comes out they'll be at their budget. Seems like a bad strategy.
i agree . the new HK rare bear got my attention . im just hear out of curiousty
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:13 PM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
not to mention if the wait is too long people will find other things to buy and by the time the new plane comes out they'll be at their budget. Seems like a bad strategy.
Looks like someone is ready for another Navy plane!!! I say get the dauntless while you wait!

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:14 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coot83 View Post
Looks like someone is ready for another Navy plane!!! I say get the dauntless while you wait!

Coot
Not until I see someone else buy it first. That foam really ruins it for me. I'd have to spackle the entire plane and make it smooth and repaint it beforehand if it really looks like that in production models
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Jan 2011
379 Posts
There is no stratigy because this isn't an announcement from FMS. It's just inside info being let out, which is fine, I just think the info could have been held a little longer... It's not life or death, but just good fun, afterall we're playing with toy airplanes here.... Since it was said that the hump wasn't a valid hint. how about another hint to stir the pot some more Lets get the fun back
warbirdfan2 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdfan2
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:21 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Without out this thread someone will buy another plane before November and then see FMS release the plane in Nov. and say.....I wish I knew that was coming.

With this thread someone will buy another plane before November and then see FMS release the plane and say.......I knew something was coming I should have waited.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:24 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Throw us a hint Todd / Bernhard.........axis, allied..........one crew member, 2crew members..........prototype used 5/16 bolts on the tailwheel.....something
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
I'd have to disagree. I remember when I waited for the Galaxy Nexus to come out. I waited 2 months. I knew it was coming out. I saw other new phones coming out but I waited because I had something to look forward to. I saved my money to buy it. I knew what I was buying. I'm not going to save my money for the possibility of something I may want. Then have it come out and it's not something I'm interested in. I don't even need a picture. Just the name of the plane. If I want it I'll save my money and happily wait. If it's not something I'm interested in I'll move on. That's just me personally of course. Not everyone is like this.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:28 PM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
HINT: it's not a floatplane
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:28 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,576 Posts
It all depends on how bad you want a P-51B.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:30 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
I hear ya. I'm interested in the FW dauntless too, but I can wait it out another month and see.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Jan 2011
379 Posts
Well.... At least we got things moving again....since it's not a floatplane it can only be a..............
warbirdfan2 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdfan2
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot View Post
HINT: it's not a floatplane
Haha thanks Beltpilot
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
It all depends on how bad you want a P-51B.
I couldn't care less about any of the usual suspects. I'm waiting for someone to have an ounce of originality when it comes to releasing a plane. So far Freewing has been the only one to release something out of the box.