HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:22 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Well its hard to compare to an artist rendition. I would much rather compare to the real plane but here are my nit picks.

Now these are not deal breakers and any modeler can fix those. However there is one you can't fix and I think it is that which is throwing the whole shape of the plane off. Its the belly. The rendition comes down farther and more elliptic while the model is flat and straight back. That one is not so easy to fix.

In no way am I trying to be mean, just things I would notice once it is in my hands. If I had a desire to own this plane, I probably would buy it and fix the little things.

I know these manufacturers think they are doing a great job, and for the most part they are, but I think if they could show a test model to a select few of the buying community before molds are cast. A little bit of insight from an outside perspective goes a long way. I know if it were not for others looking at my work before I send it to print, I would have an awful lot of mistakes on my hands and vise versa. Still though, overall, it is a fine looking plane and something that can be made/modded into a real winner.

Orion

P-47 RAZORBACK!!!
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:24 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
They work, but do they work independently? I think that was the question. My guess is no.
My sources say yes, they do work independently. If not, perhaps I should of let them steal my idea on that like I did for Parkzone.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:25 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
They work, but do they work independently? I think that was the question. My guess is no.
This is what I'm referring to with the two extra servos. Make them work independently.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:25 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,293 Posts
Someone pointed this out before that the rear gunner needs to open the canopy.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:28 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Something like a slight mishape of the belly to me would be so insignificant. To take the time fixing that just for my own piece of mind wouldn't seem worth it.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:40 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
Something like a slight mishape of the belly to me would be so insignificant. To take the time fixing that just for my own piece of mind wouldn't seem worth it.
Well and its not for me either. Doesn't make it any more accurate, just something I would have to live with if I liked the plane enough to buy it.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:42 AM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
I think it looks pretty good to me, Im not bothered by little things, but rather the overall perspective. I really just want to know now that FMS isnt going to be making a dauntless and then I will gladly pull the trigger on the Freewing. Baba I didnt know you got up before ten haha!

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:43 AM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
Quote:
I don't think you want to open those dive brakes any more then shown. There were major design issues with the real SBD dive brakes blanketing the Horizontal stab. The solution was to put all those little holes in the brakes. Only problem is that air doesn't scale.
I say open them up!!!

Lets see what Vne is; It could be pretty cool to see a model coming down nearly vertical at a controlled speed. With a bomb release, it could open up a whole new world of RC fly-in competition!!!
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coot83 View Post
I think it looks pretty good to me, Im not bothered by little things, but rather the overall perspective. I really just want to know now that FMS isnt going to be making a dauntless and then I will gladly pull the trigger on the Freewing. Baba I didnt know you got up before ten haha!

Coot
I have a feeling it's either a dauntless or avenger. Someone knows what it is and he only buys carrier planes. He said he's buying the new FMS. Everything else has been done. It only leaves those two.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:46 AM
You haz hurricane?
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Hmmm if Merlin is holding off, it must be something good...

Coot
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
If it is an avenger and there's a dauntless by freewing too then it'll just be torture.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:52 AM
You haz hurricane?
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
One thing that does turn me off a little is this plane uses 4 cell 2200. I have been keeping my eye out for their me-262 as well. Bummer they didn't add that one yet. November is going to be broke/GF harassment month!

Coot
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:53 AM
You haz hurricane?
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Actually I do know that FMS is redoing their Corsair to have the real deal flaps, could that be what Merlin is waiting on?

Coot
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:54 AM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
I've heard about a new F4U as well....
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:54 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,293 Posts
This was on the trailer in Chino two weeks ago. Sorry I don't have any belly shots
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen