HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:44 PM
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Jun 2012
34 Posts
So... I think FMS should give one of the new planes to the forum member that was first to guess which plane it would be.
Slick371 is offline Find More Posts by Slick371
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:55 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P 51 Jockey View Post
LOL, I think you're right. This thread reaches 100 usless pages by November 1st, easy!
I think it would have only made it to 99 pages but your useless post will take this useless thread over the hump to 100
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:07 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick371 View Post
So... I think FMS should give one of the new planes to the forum member that was first to guess which plane it would be.
I agree and was going to post that and you beat me to it
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:18 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,068 Posts
Please send my Tempest ASAP!
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:20 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined May 2004
5,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
Did they say November 1st? Because there are 30 days in Nov... as far as I know.
Oh no!, I hope its not a Turkey
TBolt is offline Find More Posts by TBolt
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:06 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanctusSanctorum View Post
I know
Ah! You got me! LOL!
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:08 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleed View Post
I am hoping its something with meatballs on it. A Ki-61 Hien or a Ki-100 would be incredible! Any of the lesser known IJA or IJN fighters would make great subjects. N1K1 "George", or the Ki-43 "Oscar". I've had 2 Oscars in balsa and they bolth are awesome planes. Japanese subjects have a TON of different paint schemes to choose from for those of us who like to do something different. I was stoked to have 2 different Zeros, now we NEED another plane from the land of the rising sun!

WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!!
Yeah! I am!
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:03 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Hey guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan View Post
The Fuselage would be. The wings probably not.
So? Still a new plane...

Quote:
Like I said above, the fuselage would be new but the wings would not. No one is mentioning the BF-109E because at first glance most can't tell the difference between the ME-109/BF-109 and any variant along the way. I know I cant. Plus, the BF-109 has been modeled a lot lately. FMS just came out with one and parkzone has one. It would just be a remake of what you have already even if the fuselage is the only thing different.
Well, there are in fact quite a lot of people who can tell the difference... the 109s that were modelled lately all were F/G models... there are a lot of people asking for an E...

Quote:
Like if you made a P-51B. You have all the wings and stuff ready to go. Just swap out the fuselage. But the Mustang has been done to death.
Same goes for the Dora 9, the P47 Razorback, a Spit Mk.I or Mk.V and other examples. Fw190, Mustang, Jug, Spit... they all have been done to death... why? Because people want them and buy them. I personally would have urged them to make a Do335 because I'd love to have one and a lot of peoplehere would agree... but so did people agree on the Stuka for example, and that one does not sell all too well. Now given that, a Do335 (ruled out already because it is no taildragger) would not be an all too successful seller and I would be stupid if I would be talking FMS into models all the time that do not sell in masses, thus ruining FMS...

Quote:
Coming out with a B model would be almost insulting considering the miles of better subject matter you have out there. However it would be the most cost effective for FMS since they have 90% of of ready to go and molding a B model fuselage would be the hardest/costliest part.
Again, it would be the same with the Razorback Jug or the Dora 9... now would it be insulting to be coming out with a Razorback Jug?

Quote:
Hey Bernhard, I noticed you have been avoiding mentioning the P-51B in your recent posts where it is as relevant as the others you mentioned. Why is that?
My bad, I just forgot it because everybody was talking Jug and Dora 9...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Hanger 9 did the P51 b , perhaps it was the scheme chosen but man she was ugly , I like lines of the P51b but the scheme is allllll so important
Hangar 9 P-51B? Where? Didn't find it on their website... I liked the E-Flite P-51B, but not at that pricepoint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadClams View Post
The ONLY Mustang that would be interesting enough to consider is an A-36; even a B, at this point, would be a complete YAWN. Yes it's a classic and looks great, but after 7 versions, I still don't have the urge to get one. Now an A-36? That's just cool and certainly different (and never been done, I think?)
For FMS to do another derivative based on a current offering, it needs to be different enough to warrant the effort!!!
Funny, I think that the A36 looks very similar to the B... besides, what do 7 versions of a P-51D say about the urge to get a B? It is not that those 7 versions looked different, they were just technically improved... now if there 7 versions of the D-Jug, would a Razorback be boring? Or would a Razorback Jug "be different enough to warrant the effort", but the B-Mustang and the Dora 9 wouldn't?
I don't get the point here I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fired Up View Post
I have been watching the web on what warbirds people are talking about the most.It seems to me that one airplane stands out.I would buy this in a 14mm size,because no company has this size yet.So what could it be?The airplane remained in service until 1951.
Which one is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
I do remember when some of us were pining for a SBD, Bernhard's comments were along the line of Windrider already has one so no need for a SBD. So if he supplied drawings I doubt it's a SBD.
Huh? Did I? After all, the Windrider is not PNP and that seems to be what people want... so I actually see a lot of need for a FMS SBD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
FMS = Shenzhen Famous Electronics.
Nah... Famous Model Shenzhen

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:07 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,935 Posts
Eflight p51 is distributed by hanger 9 , that is why it is referred to as Hanger 9 .
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:38 AM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Eflight p51 is distributed by hanger 9 , that is why it is referred to as Hanger 9 .

No, Eflite P-51 is distributed by Horizon hobby, not hangar 9. Hangar 9 is a brand name, not a distributorship.
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:46 AM
On the boarder
Joined Mar 2010
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot View Post
So? Still a new plane...
I guess I can agree with that. Cadillac does the same with the Corvette frame. Way back when, the biggest argument was between Firebird and Camaro owners as to them being the same or different. While they are the same, the were also different.

Quote:
Well, there are in fact quite a lot of people who can tell the difference... the 109s that were modeled lately all were F/G models... there are a lot of people asking for an E...
I didn't say there wasn't anyone that couldn't. I said at first glance most couldn't.

Quote:
Same goes for the Dora 9, the P47 Razorback, a Spit Mk.I or Mk.V and other examples. Fw190, Mustang, Jug, Spit... they all have been done to death... why? Because people want them and buy them. I personally would have urged them to make a Do335 because I'd love to have one and a lot of peoplehere would agree... but so did people agree on the Stuka for example, and that one does not sell all too well. Now given that, a Do335 (ruled out already because it is no taildragger) would not be an all too successful seller and I would be stupid if I would be talking FMS into models all the time that do not sell in masses, thus ruining FMS...
Tell ya what dude, when FMS comes out with 7 versions of those you just listed I will agree with you. Till then, they may have been modeled but rarely modeled correctly.

Quote:
Again, it would be the same with the Razorback Jug or the Dora 9... now would it be insulting to be coming out with a Razorback Jug?
Nope, there is not a single company that makes a Razorback or Dora 9 (in foam) that I know of.

Quote:
My bad, I just forgot it because everybody was talking Jug and Dora 9...
Yeah, yeah, likely story.
Obi Wan is offline Find More Posts by Obi Wan
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:52 AM
Joined Oct 2012
12 Posts
Alfa Model make a razorback:

http://www.arrowmodels.com/radio-con...bolt-razorback

Now you know of one
AeroSmithy is offline Find More Posts by AeroSmithy
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:57 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan View Post
Nope, there is not a single company that makes a Razorback or Dora 9 (in foam) that I know of.
Also, not a single company that makes a B-Mustang in foam... just to keep talking about the B-Mustang and nobody accuses me of not talking about it on purpose
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:59 AM
USA, OH, Kent
Joined Feb 2011
145 Posts
Could it be the original "Humpback" Sopwith Camel ?

You know , I have asked FMS on facebook When we can expect to see WW1 biplanes added to their warbird collection ? And they told me to be patient , so now with the appearance of the HS123 & the 1400mm Pitts biplane maybe it's time to see a 1400mm Sopwith Camel ,named for the Hump over the machine guns.After all, the Camel was probably the best " Dog-Fighter " of WWI .
spitfirebill is offline Find More Posts by spitfirebill
Last edited by spitfirebill; Oct 15, 2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: TYPO
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSmithy View Post
Alfa Model make a razorback:

http://www.arrowmodels.com/radio-con...bolt-razorback

Now you know of one
I think he was refering to EPO foam which is solid compared to the Depron that companies like Alfa and FSK use as a shell for a light plastic frame.
I usually refer to EPO or EPS as well when I am talking about foam.

Cheers,
Bernhard