HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:33 AM
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Jun 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick371 View Post
I'm not excited about a C-46/C-47, unless it comes with a load of 101st AB troops that jump out of the door during flight.....

Now a Junkers JU-88 would be cool to have.
As in post #36, I'm still voting for a JU-88
Slick371 is offline Find More Posts by Slick371
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lewis View Post
If it is a Hurricane it needs to be spot on and not with the compromises mentioned earlier. E-Flite have pretty much got that one in the bag I think. I remember mentioning long ago why FMS hadn't brought out a Hurricane and now I think it may be too late.
With the delays WR and eflite had with theirs FMS should have beat them to it. With that being said I still think FMS could do well with one. I venture to say the price tag of eflites 279 pnp or 350 bnf kept many away, that's before you buy the 90 dollar retracts. So 440 dollars bnf. Yikes. You could get 2 fms and still have 100 dollars for batteries. I've had WRs hurricane and still love my eflite hurricane. I would buy a FMS hurricane all day long, especially if they put shock struts on her. Also like the razorback, p40b and p51b. I could see a nice new full house spitfire as well.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbricks View Post
The skyraider is another 800mm warbirds sans a big brother.
Yes but it will not be that one because it was not in WWII. That was one of the criteria. I also did not mention the 800mm AT-6. Aros said it was already guessed prior to post #61 or page 5 of this thread. So it can be deduced. Unless he is tricking us?

Criteria stated by people in the know:
1. It was already guested prior to page #5 of this thread.
2. It was in WWII
3. It's a tail dragger
4. It's a new model. Not a revision of an insisting FMS model. (But that's my assumption)
5. A warbird. Not a cargo plane. (My assumption again. But seriously! The yawn factor would be high if it was.)
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:01 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boelcke View Post
You forgot the KI-43
Was not mentioned prior to page #5 of the thread. So it can't be that one.

Personally I would love to see FMS make some more Japanese warbirds. I love the Zero "Zeke"! But how about a "Kate", "Nate", "Oscar", "Tony", "Judy", Val", or even a "Betty" bomber!
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by karltrek; Oct 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:54 PM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricchio View Post
Hi John, thanks for your great support to FMS, I would like to let you know that a very new 1400 F4U will be released in the near furture! Trust me, it is even more scale than P51 V7! Just wait for our good news soon!
That is not the one that is meant in this thread. That would just be a new, revisited Corsair, thus a new version, but not a new plane.

Quote:
If it is indeed to be a total surprise, then why do folks like you even start a thread like this, which only invites speculation?
IMO, this thread is little more than a user saying "I know something that the rest of you don't!"
I personally wouldn't have started this thread because I recommendedto FMS to keep this one a total secret until its release in order to prevent any competitor to beat FMS to it. I think that the new bird fills a gap in the current market and will certainly be a good seller, especially in the largest market, the US... but also elsewhere.

Now that Todd started this - him and me probably being the only guys here who know what it is because he designes the box and I did the blueprints/decals/paintschemes - I enjoy this thread and I actually would like to tell what it is, but I don't wanna spoil it for FMS. Some maybe already know what it is just by guessing from the hints we gave here and there

And yes, it is a warbird, not a cargo plane

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:31 PM
United States, NC, Marion
Joined Jun 2011
756 Posts
Its about time for a good razorback P47
ncflyer79 is offline Find More Posts by ncflyer79
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
Still say tricycle gear single-engine needs to happen!

Someday?

Soon???
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:01 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:12 PM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
Does bombers count as a war bird
If so I vote for the JU-88
inspector5419 is offline Find More Posts by inspector5419
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:12 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
If it is indeed to be a total surprise, then why do folks like you even start a thread like this, which only invites speculation?

IMO, this thread is little more than a user saying "I know something that the rest of you don't!"
Speculation builds up enthusiasm for a product.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:15 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
One thing's for sure. FMS should use this thread as a valuable resource for figuring out what new planes they should offer for 2013.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:16 PM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
One thing's for sure. FMS should use this thread as a valuable resource for figuring out what new planes they should offer for 2013.
You got that right
inspector5419 is offline Find More Posts by inspector5419
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Hothead
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Last edited by Babadush; Oct 13, 2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:20 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
FMS should use this thread as a valuable resource for figuring out what new planes they should offer for 2013.
In that case

But seeing I heard the zero and stuka were not good sellers (and the val is basically a combo of both) I guess I'm SOL on this one
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:22 PM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyer79 View Post
Its about time for a good razorback P47
Quote:
+1 on both!
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot