Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:25 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,023 Posts
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Last edited by Red Flyer; Oct 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:28 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,023 Posts
see?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:40 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
I swear y'all hate anything that doesn't look like a mustang or a P47. How are you guys not sick of these planes?
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:11 AM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Apr 2011
197 Posts
I'd purchase a Sea Fury if they made one.
afgoalie is offline Find More Posts by afgoalie
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:30 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
I swear y'all hate anything that doesn't look like a mustang or a P47. How are you guys not sick of these planes?
I like my H9 P-51 all though it has been modded heavily into a reno racer but the 47 is a dog in my books. I'm not sure why that plane is so popular in the past year or so in the rc world. I like speed and a big nose kills that.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:31 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afgoalie View Post
i'd purchase a sea fury if they made one.
+1.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:33 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseBox View Post
I'd be happy with a razorback or a wild/bear/hellcat. I'd be stoked with an sbd.

That being said whoever makes an 1100-1400mm avenger will get my money twice over.
They already make an awesome 1400mm Hellcat! If you look at my avatar you will see the FMS Hellcat!
karltrek is online now Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:02 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105 View Post
Rhymes with "plane" and "insane", huh?

Guess that rules out a Defiant
I think you're onto something here... I KNEW it! It's the Hurricane!
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:36 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Hey guys,

I really like this thread... everytime it gets daytime in the US the thread explodes and we get several pagesof entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri View Post
I know there were a few aircraft that used that method. I'd have to look around but I recall seeing a video showing the starting procedure and the "cartridge" was loaded in by the crew chief or something like that. Pretty cool things we learn when researching scale aircraft!
Thanks for the comment and video, I wasn't aware of that. Very interesting! Must have been quite a bang noise when that engine was started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
I figure that a Razorback would have to be a "From Scratch" kind of deal. Molds can be retooled to take away a lot easier than adding to. Plus with the new way of doing things like bolt on tail sections and stronger wing mounting, it will probably be in their best interest to start from scratch to provide the quality we are currently getting with their recent products.
That is true and valid for practically every model they would release now, be it a remake of an older one like the P40/P47/Spitfire or a new one. In fact, the D-Mustang has gone through 5 revisions (V2-V6) until they finally decided to completely redo it. The new V7 is basically a complete new, next generation model and does not have a lot to do with the older versions.
The 1400mm birds that belong to this next generation are the Bf109F, FW190, P38, T28, A6M, F6F and to a certain extend the B25 and Ju87.
The Spitfire, P47, P40 and maybe the F4U belong to the older generation and will all eventually be redone one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Can we rule out the new paint scheme on the FW190 as a totally new plane ?
I thought it was needless to mention, but yes, of course that can be ruled out... that would be a bit lame it it was that. Todd would'nt have started a thread to raise excitement just for a new paintscheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Any clues from the Shanghai Showhttp://www.rcmania.hk/article-995-24.html#.UHjEFFFXkwJ Is that Jug 1700 or 1400?
That Jug is the 1700mm version (if you mean the OD "Bunny"). The new model was not presented in Shanghai as it was still in the early prototype phase back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan View Post
FMS Poll said most would buy a Me-262 but hey. A re-done(More better scale) P-40 would be cool.
Yes, but it was decided that right now, the EDF technology is not sufficient yet to provide enough power on 4S to a 1400mm Me262 while keeping the scale nacelle diameter. Also, I guess that FMS had noticed that Dynam was to release one, maybe they even knew that Freewing had one in the pipeline. Not a smart idea to release such a model when two other competitors do the same at the same time.
Dynam's Me262 has shown that it is possible to lift a 1500mm Me262 up on 4S while almost keeping the scale nacelle diameter, but still the diameter is a bit larger, the model is (unfortunately) somewhat out of scale and the ampdraw is tremendous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
I just hope they make something that hasn't been done by every manufacturer. Please be different.
It will be different. As far as I know, there is no EPO-foam version of it on the market yet, at least not in the size range of 1-1.5m

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:48 AM
Just throw it up!
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2011
1,314 Posts
It will be different. As far as I know, there is no EPO-foam version of it on the market yet, at least not in the size range of 1-1.5m

Cheers,
Bernhard[/QUOTE]

My money is on the Tempest or Typhoon. Tempest would make more sense given they already do a 750mm version. Fingers crossed that is what it is.
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:03 AM
Space Drydock 22
Finland, Kuopio
Joined Aug 2010
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot View Post
Well, I have now a clear vision about what is coming, must be the Junkers Ju-88.
SanctusSanctorum is offline Find More Posts by SanctusSanctorum
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:20 AM
Joined Jan 2011
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanctusSanctorum View Post
Well, I have now a clear vision about what is coming, must be the Junkers Ju-88.
That would be the cats a$$!!!! Hurricane and Typhoon/ tempest are already done, so that leaves the JU88 as the remainig bird that hasn't been done. Despite Bernhards denial, If he was working with FMS on this, you know it's German.
warbirdfan2 is online now Find More Posts by warbirdfan2
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:06 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbirdfan2 View Post
Despite Bernhards denial, If he was working with FMS on this, you know it's German.
Well, I also worked on the new P51 V7, the 1700mm Jug, the P38... most of what I do is German warbirds though
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:09 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,023 Posts
I know it doesn't fit the description, but I'd love one...

RF