Kiwi1 is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:14 AM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
Hey friends, I am reading these threads and I have a few thing to say. Whatever you would like to see in a video, I am listening and can adapt. I'm taking the comments and applying them to the new video reviews.
Retract the gear right after takeoff. Looks cool and is scale. No gear pass. And it's not landing GEARS. So stop saying it like that. Sounds dorky.
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:29 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi1 View Post
got one for $342 Shipped to NZ.
mine was $370.55 NZD shipped.

chops.
chops3 is offline Find More Posts by chops3
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:00 AM
Short Circuit Creator
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Joined Nov 2004
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
They dont use the wire system like your saying in the P-51's . The reason they went that route with the zero and T-28 is the doors are small and dont take much to close them
Thanks Mikemynameis. That query can be classified as being been answered.

Just a word of warning though. FMS have a habit of changing the equipment specs
in their models and not telling either the retailers or end consumers.
This can be a real pain if and when buying spare parts. The first anyone knows about it is when someone mentions the change in a post on this website.
Crashem Dave is offline Find More Posts by Crashem Dave
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:33 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
In preparation of the arrival of my P-51B Shangri La, I will state, with some degree of confidence, that there's not much difference between the new "B" model and the V7.5 "D" judging from the pics Aros posted recently. The battery tray does look interesting, the cockpit/canopy configurations are different, and of course the tail feathers will be different as well. But as Tom H posted, the wings are the same with the exception of the guns. The PZ-312s can be up-graded to the PZ-514s with some degree of modifications, but it is plausible "FMS V7.5 P-51 BBD: The Landing Gear!". The multi-connector is new as there wasn't one on my BBD. That will be essential if you plan to do the 1-Piece wing mod.

While conducting the process of building my V7.5 BBD I made preparations for the "B" by duplicating some of the parts I made for the BBD, in hopes that the build time won't be as extensive?

I also noted the discussion pertaining to the Spitfire Malcolm hood as an option so Philip threw one in the box for me to try out. Hmmmm I was going to post a link to PW-RC, but it looks like he is now out of those? Here's RC Castle's link to the Spitfire canopy for those who might be interested.

My "B" is in the process of leaving China so I should have some idea if my speculations are right in a week or so?

Gary
Sandancer is online now Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:04 AM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
I also noted the discussion pertaining to the Spitfire Malcolm hood as an option so Philip threw one in the box for me to try out. Hmmmm I was going to post a link to PW-RC, but it looks like he is now out of those? Here's RC Castle's link to the Spitfire canopy for those who might be interested.

Gary
Gary, and others.

The "malcolm hood" on a Mustang bears NO resemblance the "normal" hood on a spitfire. They were DRASTICALLY different sizes and shapes.

There is a chance that the Malcolm hood mold I made for my D to B-bash two years ago might be a reasonable fit. If there is real interest, I could send it to Keith Sparks (park-flyer plastics) to let him make copies for those of you who wnat to try.

Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:56 AM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,257 Posts
I wonder if the Parkflyerplastics Eflite P51B Malcolm hood would fit.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:51 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
Gary, and others.

The "malcolm hood" on a Mustang bears NO resemblance the "normal" hood on a spitfire. They were DRASTICALLY different sizes and shapes.

There is a chance that the Malcolm hood mold I made for my D to B-bash two years ago might be a reasonable fit. If there is real interest, I could send it to Keith Sparks (park-flyer plastics) to let him make copies for those of you who wnat to try.

Tom
I know I would be interested Tom. I was reviewing your D to B bash the other night with the thought of the canopy you designed. Were you ever successful modding it to slide?

I discussed the possible collaboration with Philip, but he wasn't sure? So he packed the Spitfire canopy in the box so I could check it out when I get the plane.

Merlin, are you referring to this one? P-51B canopy (C146)

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:30 PM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Damn that conversion is clean and sweet!

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:06 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coot83 View Post
Damn that conversion is clean and sweet!

Coot
Yip, he did that 2 years ago, no kits, just his skill and his star trek replicator!

Check his blog out "Tom Hunt's Blog" . His work on the FMS Stuka was awesome!

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sandancer; Feb 06, 2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:13 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,257 Posts
This one.

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...roducts_id=584
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:47 PM
fvi
Canada, ON
Joined Jul 2011
564 Posts
Agreed...that white Stuka is insane! I love the B Mustang with the Brit markings too.
fvi is offline Find More Posts by fvi
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:08 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvi View Post
Agreed...that white Stuka is insane! I love the B Mustang with the Brit markings too.
So do I. When I get one of these I'm making it a Brit mustang.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:36 PM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvi View Post
Agreed...that white Stuka is insane!
Does anyone else (in the US or UK, at least) feel like they wouldn't be able to fully enjoy flying an Axis plane?

As much as I admire the Stuka, ME262, FW190, ME163, Zero etc, and have often considered buying one or more, I just think I'd get a queasy feeling flying one.

No offense intended of course to anyone who does enjoy them, just don't think I could....
Kurt is online now Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:45 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan View Post
I made that one too. no it is too small.
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt