HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colj00 View Post
yeah ive got about 6 orders on hobby king, 3 are on back order and i ordered them on the 23rd of September and no sign of them.

does anyone know how long it will take for HK to stock up so my things will be taken off back order?
Up to 6 months sometimes...
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. It really helps. The tracking number has not worked in the USPS or UPS system. That could mean the package is still sitting in customs or completely lost. The last tracking update from Singpost said they handed it over to an airline, so I assume it's not on a boat. My conclusion from your replies is that Hobby King orders can lead to almost anything. Since anything can happen, I may as well just wait around to see. I totally agree that low prices aren't everything, but from reading the forums here, HK seemed like a solid and popular resource. Luck of the draw, I guess. I won't test my luck with HK again. I'm ok with waiting, but not ok with not knowing anything. Plus, five identical form letter responses from HK is annoying. Lesson learned.
WriterJFPerkins is offline Find More Posts by WriterJFPerkins
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
heli wrecker extrordinaire
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Nov 2004
184 Posts
If next time you order from hk you buy items in the US warehouse it will only take a day or 2 (mabe 3) if they have the item in stock. I live in Washington state also and it has never taken over 4.... now from china i have waited 8 weeks before. the US warehouse is in Lakewood WA
Nute is offline Find More Posts by Nute
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:31 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
992 Posts
WJFP; Most of my orders are here in NM. in about 10-14 days, except Lipo batteries, they take a little longer. Don't always blame HK, as I have had pkgs sit in customs for a week or more, and not move. Also not all P.O.s scan pkgs as they are supposed to do. Do not despair, it will be here soon. Roy
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:34 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Jan 2006
192 Posts
Out of 3 orders from HK Intl it was 10 days at most to Canada. These were all mail and smaller pkgs. Sadly the shipping on a plane I'd like is almost the cost of the plane itself. I inq;d with the US store if they would be getting any instock of that model but as yet no answer.
touche is offline Find More Posts by touche
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:49 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,457 Posts
I have only ordered stuff from HK that I don't mind waiting for. My last order was for 2 low voltage alarms at 2.99 each and an Orange 6 channel TX which was on sale for $3.99. They would only allow me to buy one RX at that price though. It took about 16 days to reach my house and I never got any updates on where the package was. The stuff arrived in good condition though.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
7,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
In 9 orders through Hobby King, I've NEVER gotten any notification unless I checked in my account. That was the only way I knew anything got shipped.
For the last few months - I have had Email notofication of each step of the transaction ... from accepting my order, paymnent via paypal to shipped etc.

BUT I have just noticed that models I had checked for post acceptance and planned to buy later are now refused on postal service ... ie I waited to have better circumstance to order the Lancaster ... now I can't as they now say it's not accepted by Latvian services. But 3 months back when I checked to make sure it would work - no problem, shipping price and service was available.

I now find that most of the models I wanted are rejected for weight / size limitations as per HK info at Latvian Service.

Not so happy ! Considering that the years I've been buying through them - no problems ...

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:03 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
924 Posts
Is that their (Hobby King) fault, or Latvian P.O.? And actually I stand corrected, the only time H.K. ever emailed me about anything automatically was the possible LiPo restriction(s), which don't apply Stateside. I opted on the website for notification of arrival(s) of stock, and when it didn't happen, had to contact "C.S." to make that happen, and I did receive notification of the restock of the Orange 3 Axis Stabilizer, which wasn't shipped, and I'm not entirely sure it's yet to ship. (WHOLE 'nother story there)
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterJFPerkins View Post
Thanks for all the replies. It really helps. The tracking number has not worked in the USPS or UPS system. That could mean the package is still sitting in customs or completely lost. The last tracking update from Singpost said they handed it over to an airline, so I assume it's not on a boat. My conclusion from your replies is that Hobby King orders can lead to almost anything. Since anything can happen, I may as well just wait around to see. I totally agree that low prices aren't everything, but from reading the forums here, HK seemed like a solid and popular resource. Luck of the draw, I guess. I won't test my luck with HK again. I'm ok with waiting, but not ok with not knowing anything. Plus, five identical form letter responses from HK is annoying. Lesson learned.
Try putting the tracking number in www.packagemapping.com it automatically finds the carrier so you don't have to go around to 10 different carrier Web pages.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:42 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
992 Posts
Actually I use U.S.P.S. Track and trace, and i have no problems finding any registered package. Not all packages are registered mail, and WILL NOT show up on any of the sites I have found.
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
In 9 orders through Hobby King, I've NEVER gotten any notification unless I checked in my account. That was the only way I knew anything got shipped.
REALLY? I'd look into how your account is set up , because I've always gotten the first three almost back to back via email...

Just this past Sunday I ordered spare parts and batteries and had the first three emails within 30 minutes...The first one within minutes letting me know that my paypal account had paid them...
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
And in a completely random twist to the story, the package showed up today. Everything is in the box and undamaged. Amazing! Odd that the tracking never worked, but thanks to all your comments, I decided to just relax. THEN, it showed up. I'll just throw this on into the "perversity of the universe" category. Thanks again for all your responses! Gotta go build stuff...
WriterJFPerkins is offline Find More Posts by WriterJFPerkins
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:13 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterJFPerkins View Post
And in a completely random twist to the story, the package showed up today. Everything is in the box and undamaged. Amazing! Odd that the tracking never worked, but thanks to all your comments, I decided to just relax. THEN, it showed up. I'll just throw this on into the "perversity of the universe" category. Thanks again for all your responses! Gotta go build stuff...
Did you use registered air mail or the other one? The cheapest option doesn't have a tracking number.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush