SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:02 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
I don't have time to read through this whole thread, so pardon me if this has already been pointed out:

A proper contrast would be between Romney and Clinton. Both got deferments. Bill because he opposed the war. Romney because France needed Mormonism? And let's not forget Dick Cheney, who "had other priorities."
Clinton ... Opposed war ... But had no problems launching cruise missiles to deflect from Monica....
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:30 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Clinton ... Opposed war ... But had no problems launching cruise missiles to deflect from Monica....
Didn't work thought - that utter 'thing' Tripp put her right back in the spotlight!
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:35 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,844 Posts
ET??? Nothing quippy about my Bush comments? EGAD! You've been watching TOO MUCH Fox News... I know Meagan is a hottie, but... is the truth finally getting through???
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:39 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
ET??? Nothing quippy about my Bush comments? EGAD! You've been watching TOO MUCH Fox News... I know Meagan is a hottie, but... is the truth finally getting through???
What was that about Megyn's bush..........?
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
What was that about Megyn's bush..........?
Absolute Quality
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:11 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
He didn't "oppose war." He opposed the Vietnam War. "Wag The Dog" was a movie, not a documentary.

This kind of crap keeps happening. I remember when Nixon avoided WW3 by ordering air cover for Israel in the Yom Kipper War and was accused of doing it to deflect from Watergate. Kissinger had a fit, saying that criticism indicated just how low politicicans can stoop.

Chuck Todd said something very similar this past weekend...
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
He didn't "oppose war." He opposed the Vietnam War. "Wag The Dog" was a movie, not a documentary.

This kind of crap keeps happening. I remember when Nixon avoided WW3 by ordering air cover for Israel in the Yom Kipper War and was accused of doing it to deflect from Watergate. Kissinger had a fit, saying that criticism indicated just how low politicicans can stoop.

Chuck Todd said something very similar this past weekend...
Missile strikes during Monica gate and another during impeachment trials .... Sure .... Both were coincidental....
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:01 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
Quote:
Missile strikes during Monica gate and another during impeachment trials .... Sure .... Both were coincidental....
Once again showing the right-wing agenda syndrome, assuming that others would do whatever nefarious thing you would do in their shoes...
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Apr 2008
77 Posts
Quote:
Innuendo is what you have?
Seriously?

At the time, IIRC, was the typically snide "wag the dog" from Republicans.
Since 9-11, however, it's been a new tune.
We've heard endlessly from the same folks about how Clinton passed up his chance to kill OBL with those same cruise missle strikes of which Republicans were complaining.
Make up your mind!! Which is it?
I believe the record indicates that Bill Clinton recognized OBL as a threat long before many.
Rufcut is offline Find More Posts by Rufcut
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Once again showing the right-wing agenda syndrome, assuming that others would do whatever nefarious thing you would do in their shoes...
really? What would give you the impression that I would launch cruise missiles? Or be caught cheating on my wife at my place of work using my authority and influence on interns?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:37 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufcut View Post
I believe the record indicates that Bill Clinton recognized OBL as a threat long before many.
Why, then, according to the "record", did he do nothing about it?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufcut View Post
Innuendo is what you have?
Seriously?

At the time, IIRC, was the typically snide "wag the dog" from Republicans.
Since 9-11, however, it's been a new tune.
We've heard endlessly from the same folks about how Clinton passed up his chance to kill OBL with those same cruise missle strikes of which Republicans were complaining.
Make up your mind!! Which is it?
yeah ... which is why Clinton passed up chance after chance to have him either killed or captured... sure ... keep thinking that.
Closed Thread