SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by DeuceTrinal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 02, 2003, 06:10 PM
Landings are not optional
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
FS Great Planes Spirit ARF 2m glider & Radio

This plane was my father's. He bought it from Towerhobbies as a RTF kit about 5 years ago.

He wanted to use it for slope soaring. Not knowing any better, he bought a balsa built up 2m RE glider, and chucked it off the nearest 40' hill. Needless to say, it never really flew.

I think he flew it twice, for a total of about 10 seconds.

I found it in his garage last month, and I just don't see myself flying this type of plane, not to mention I have no way to launch it.

So I'm putting it up on here to help finance the Unicorn I'm buying him for christmas.

I have pictures, and can take more for any who are interested, just email me at sconners[at]albertson.edu.

The wing is pretty much pristine. A few wrinkles, but a covering iron or heat gun could probably fix that easily.

The wing has Spoilers built in - they look like they even have control horns attached, you just need to cut them out and add servos etc.

The vert stab and rudder are in good shape, again a couple wrinkles, and you'd need to get the two little nuts for bolting it on at the hardware store.

The Horizontal stab and elevator are in good condition, except that the plate that it bolts to on the fuse is still attached to the stab, not the fuse. It looks like it was glued on (to the fuse), and there's threadlock on the bolts. If you don't need to remove it for travel, you could just glue it back on easily. If you want to be able to remove it, you'd need to dremel the bolts off and get new ones (actually I htink it's CA on the threads, if you have debonder that might work).

The fuse is where the damage is - the nose is broken. I think it should be a pretty easy repair, and was going to do it before I sold it, but I figure that if I were buying it I'd want to fix it my way.

It is broken off just right if you want to go electric though. Just build a little firewall box and away you go.

Also on the fuse, the tail has been chewed just a bit at the very back. Not a big deal, won't affect flying.

Last bit of damage, the H stab mount needs a new peice of ply glued to the inside top of the fuse, the one inside has had the holes crunched larger.

I actually think the tail damage is all from storage! Unfortunate.

You can get a new fuse from towerhobbies for $38 plus shipping if you don't feel like building.

The fuse has a tow hook mount plate built in too, they just need to have a hook screwed in (3 blind nuts installed)

The radio is a 2 channel AM Futaba attack SR on channel 46. It has 2 standard servos installed in the plane, and a battery holder for 4 AA batteries (not rechargable) w/ switch. I fired it up with the original batteries, and everything moves fine.

I even have a bag of 90 something wing rubberbands that came with it, and will toss em in if you want them.

I have the original box from tower, but it's been beat up. I'll repair it with lots of tape and cardboard =) and pack with lots of foam and bubblewrap.

I'll take any reasonable offer. It's going to be a fair bit to ship.

Please see the pics for more info, or PM/email me.

Scott
DeuceTrinal is offline Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Last edited by DeuceTrinal; Dec 09, 2003 at 01:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2003, 06:12 PM
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Inside the fuse:
Old Dec 02, 2003, 06:15 PM
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Polyhedral wing:
Old Dec 02, 2003, 06:26 PM
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Bottom of the H stab, where the plate pulled off the fuse:
Last edited by DeuceTrinal; Dec 09, 2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2003, 06:27 PM
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
The broken nose:
Old Dec 02, 2003, 06:30 PM
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
The inside of the broken nose:
Old Dec 02, 2003, 06:31 PM
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
The radio:
Old Dec 08, 2003, 01:50 PM
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Okay, taking any reasonable offer...
Old Dec 14, 2003, 10:46 PM
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Still taking offers, even unreasonable...
Old Dec 15, 2003, 12:24 AM
Gig Harbor, WA
Joined Nov 2001
79 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
offer

Ok

$3.48 you pay for shipping.
Dan Rubin is offline Find More Posts by Dan Rubin
Old Dec 15, 2003, 02:06 AM
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Hrmmm...

That makes it about negative $9.12 after shipping? I'll hang onto it at that =
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:53 AM
karma...its not all good
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jun 2002
534 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Offer

Ok I will offer $25.00 for the lot. Dont need the work but ..

XT
xterra is offline Find More Posts by xterra
Closed Thread