HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:29 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,195 Posts
This link may be useful to you... although these data are based on static testing...they are at least prop/brand-specific (as Rockin Robbins has said...every brand will be different so calculations based on just pitch and diameter are of limited utility): http://www.flybrushless.com/tools/thrustCalc
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:19 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
3,603 Posts
Dr Kiwi, are you still submitting test data to Drive Calculator?
Rockin Robbins is online now Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:40 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,195 Posts
Yes, but I have not had any new motors to play with lately.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:55 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
3,603 Posts
You know, I've pretty much confined my strategy to using components included within Drive Calculator (or MotoCalc if I had it). Sure there are lots of motors not included there, but the list that IS there is huge, meeting the needs of anybody I can think of.

I guess I just reverse the usual procedure of buy the motor, now what goes well with it, let's check Drive Calculator, into the new way: check Drive Calculator for a combination of components that does what I want and then go buy them.
Rockin Robbins is online now Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins