SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
So you are saying you owe you life to the American people.
Well probably more the Russians
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:05 PM
Made in the USA
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Well probably more the Russians
LOL We don't get no respect.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:38 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
schrederman's Avatar
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,821 Posts
Kind of reminds me of the time the French Ambassador asked General Powell if the US was looking to expand it's empire... to which he said something like... We've fought in a lot of wars, and the only land we've asked for was a plot to bury those that gave their lives for your freedom...

Ah yes... the sun never sets on the British Empire...

I wonder what would have happened if the Japanese hadn't attacked Pearl Harbor, and "awakened the sleeping giant"...
schrederman is online now Find More Posts by schrederman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:02 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
LOL We don't get no respect.
Yes you do - and my Pa went through WWII, so I know what took place and where well enough!

But seriously - look at the Russian losses
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:03 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Kind of reminds me of the time the French Ambassador asked General Powell if the US was looking to expand it's empire... to which he said something like... We've fought in a lot of wars, and the only land we've asked for was a plot to bury those that gave their lives for your freedom...

Ah yes... the sun never sets on the British Empire...

I wonder what would have happened if the Japanese hadn't attacked Pearl Harbor, and "awakened the sleeping giant"...
Well not to be too rude - you'd have kept out of it wouldn't you
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:06 AM
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Well not to be too rude - you'd have kept out of it wouldn't you
...and the Russians would still own Europe. They don't 'give back' land, as a general rule.
WingNut64 is online now Find More Posts by WingNut64
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:06 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
None of us can rewrite history - we can but surmise
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:10 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
schrederman's Avatar
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Well not to be too rude - you'd have kept out of it wouldn't you
Actually... no. We might not have entered that war as soon as we did, but we'd have gotten there. The Germans were sinking our shipping, etc. so the effort was beginning already. What ALL Americans did in WWII was actually astounding, given the shear power of our manufacturing capabilities, and the willingness to fight that finally manifested itself. A couple of my uncles went. One came back an ace. The other is buried in England.
schrederman is online now Find More Posts by schrederman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:12 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Actually... no. We might not have entered that war as soon as we did, but we'd have gotten there. The Germans were sinking our shipping, etc. so the effort was beginning already. What ALL Americans did in WWII was actually astounding, given the shear power of our manufacturing capabilities, and the willingness to fight that finally manifested itself. A couple of my uncles went. One came back an ace. The other is buried in England.
Well there you go - we both have personal stories - I've just returned from Normandy - I always go to the US Cemetery to pay my respects there - if you've not been then it's almost too huge to take in at first sight!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:18 AM
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
None of us can rewrite history - we can but surmise
It wasn't in their nature to give the 'liberated' countries back to the people.

So, the USSR would have spanned Europe.
WingNut64 is online now Find More Posts by WingNut64
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:19 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut64 View Post
It wasn't in their nature to give the 'liberated' countries back to the people.

So, the USSR would have spanned Europe.
Oh I think we, with the help of the English Channel may have had something to say about that
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:36 AM
Registered User
Ron H's Avatar
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,056 Posts
Wow, this apparently horrid incident has taken a backseat to blabber.
Ron H is offline Find More Posts by Ron H
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:02 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H View Post
Wow, this apparently horrid incident has taken a backseat to blabber.
Hi there - this is the LTUP basement

Welcome to 'how it gets'
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Is there anyone selling spad kits these days? Petey156 SPAD - Simple Plastic Airplane Designs 12 Mar 02, 2013 09:04 AM
Discussion my stunting days are over, but these guys are pretty good logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 0 Apr 09, 2012 10:01 AM
Discussion ~100W 2s motor, what motors are efficient these days? saitrix Power Systems 0 Feb 27, 2012 02:13 AM
Rant There are these days... meatbomber Fuel Heli Talk 2 Feb 16, 2006 11:55 AM
There are good days and there are... hbielich Electric Sailplanes 34 Jul 19, 2004 05:35 PM