Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:25 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,603 Posts
Discussion
Taliban targets and shoots a little girl

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...-shooting?lite

Idiots.. These people are such tough guys that they fear a 14 year old girl. Must be their message isn't as correct as they would like everyone to think. Any political/religious movement that calls a peace loving 14 year old girl an enemy that must be killed has some serious problems. Of course, we already knew that. Hopefully, more people in Pakistan start to see that.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:30 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...-shooting?lite

Idiots.. These people are such tough guys that they fear a 14 year old girl. Must be their message isn't as correct as they would like everyone to think. Any political/religious movement that calls a peace loving 14 year old girl an enemy that must be killed has some serious problems. Of course, we already knew that. Hopefully, more people in Pakistan start to see that.
If we go on killing little girls with drones, then the Taliban will get support regardless!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:34 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Beautiful girl ... so sad to be born into such turmoil.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
If we go on killing little girls with drones, then the Taliban will get support regardless!
Ironic isn't it? That her ideal leader is President Obama ... and yet he's the one sending the drones that have been killing people. the irony is painful.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:38 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Ironic isn't it? That her ideal leader is President Obama ... and yet he's the one sending the drones that have been killing people. the irony is painful.
I hate the drones - I hate Obama's use of them - I hate that Bush used other equally tragic measures and I hate the Romney is looking to flip back to the Bush policies if he gets elected!

It's not the tools that I hate - it's the idiots that push the buttons!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
I hate the drones - I hate Obama's use of them - I hate that Bush used other equally tragic measures and I hate the Romney is looking to flip back to the Bush policies if he gets elected!

It's not the tools that I hate - it's the idiots that push the buttons!
So do I ... which is why I don't understand how Civil Libertarians within the Democrat party can continue to support Obama.

People need to stand for something ... there has to be a tipping point ... an action that is unforgivable and warrents no further support.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:50 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,603 Posts
I don't like that we kill innocents with our drones either but these people deliberately targeted a little girl. At least we aren't doing that!

Mike
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:01 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,437 Posts
We don't target children, now that doesn't say children don't die from our bombings, or ops there's always collateral damage. There is a huge leap from collateral damage and specifically targeting a child.
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:06 PM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,733 Posts
Bush tried to use the rational thought process that fear [shock and awe] would set these people straight. This kind of enemy doesnt use rational though as shown by their actions. Who would have thought?

Dropping bombs might as well be a recruiting process for these people.
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:19 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,603 Posts
These people didn't need any help recruiting before we took the battle to them.Part of our justification for the war are these types of examples. We are supposedly helping them rid themselves of these despicable people and they continue to fuel that sentiment with these acts.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
We don't target children, now that doesn't say children don't die from our bombings, or ops there's always collateral damage. There is a huge leap from collateral damage and specifically targeting a child.
I once allowed myself to be swayed by that argument. But no longer. Perhaps being a father has turned me soft ...

It turns my stomach at how quickly we've become used to collateral damage.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:44 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
So do I ... which is why I don't understand how Civil Libertarians within the Democrat party can continue to support Obama.

People need to stand for something ... there has to be a tipping point ... an action that is unforgivable and warrents no further support.

Because the alternative in Mitt Romney is truly terrifying to contemplate!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:45 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
B/S

Sorry friend but that's B/S for the masses as pumped out by the Washington machine and it no longer convinces many of us!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:50 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
Bush tried to use the rational thought process that fear [shock and awe] would set these people straight. This kind of enemy doesnt use rational though as shown by their actions. Who would have thought?

Dropping bombs might as well be a recruiting process for these people.
Your right they want nothing more than to die fighting us. Problem is even if we pulled everything out of all Islamic nations and stopped supporting the Jews they will still attack us. They want us to convert to Islam....
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:53 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech View Post
your right they want nothing more than to die fighting us. Problem is even if we pulled everything out of all islamic nations and stopped supporting the jews they will still attack us. They want us to convert to islam....
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rubbish