SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Dec 02, 2003, 04:34 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
~~~ Free Palm-size Heli Plans ~~~

If I can get someone that can provide users with a Dual Actuator-Dual ESC receiver board all in one. Contact me Privately or through this post or via my RC Groups Trial Forum, I will give out the FREE! Plans for a similar spify DIY PALM-SIZE heli like the one on my hand.

Thanks,

Mario I. Arguello
www.micro-flight.com
Mario is offline Find More Posts by Mario
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2003, 05:11 PM
mudville
Joined Nov 2002
953 Posts
controller

are yuo locked into fm rx, or would an ir system do?

Steve H
shoutchen is offline Find More Posts by shoutchen
Old Dec 02, 2003, 05:18 PM
mudville
Joined Nov 2002
953 Posts
controller

also, are the actuators on an hbridge to get biderectional current flow like the rffs100, or do you need just to drive by an single FET
per channel to repel magnets like the french guys magnetic swash?

you may need to offer up more a little more info on the intended control system to get good answers to this... for instance, I think the french guys might use 6 channels. 1 per motor pluus 1 per
actuator. the actuators might only repel, and there may be custom mixing to provide a somewhat planar magnetic field for the spinning magnets to repel against...

Steve H
shoutchen is offline Find More Posts by shoutchen
Old Dec 02, 2003, 07:18 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
Steve,

FM 4-channels will do for a basic control system. 4 coils, 2 magnets. System requirements, 1.5 A operating at single Li-Pol or 2 cell option. Mixing can be had with a good transmitter. Self stabilization built o the actual model.

Mario
www.micro-flight.comb
Old Dec 03, 2003, 11:50 AM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined May 2002
932 Posts
Mario,

It might be worth considering the IR option. Koichi's done a lot of work on a DIY-IR system ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=24711 ) and it is quite a light and cost-effective option, especially for a custom RX (since you need 2 actuators & 2 ESCs, and couldn't use a production actuator RX with only 3 channels).

I've looked at the internals of the code, and it would be trivial to port the code to a PIC chip with the required additional output for a 4th channel. Perhaps a 16F628A in a 20 pin 208mil SSOP. Or piggy-back a 2nd 12C509A to handle two of the channels. Extra functionality could be added in either case, mixing, etc with the unused pins.

I would definately be interested in this option, partly for cost, and partly for the "DIY" possibilities. Naturally, I would suggest that it be left as an option, as not all users would be interested/capable of building a DIY-IR RX unit, so a suitible commercial RF product or short kit would be required as well. But choice is good.

Perhaps you could provide more information, and we could consider the suitibility of building an IR system (choose PICs, modify the code and design a schematic/PCB) for your heli plans?

Cheers,
D.
darkith is online now Find More Posts by darkith
Old Dec 03, 2003, 04:02 PM
Sticky Shepherd
Oxford/England
Joined May 2001
4,017 Posts
will you be giving the plans ot to everyone free or just the one that emails you?

Graham

p.s. be careful these threads are on thin ice
Graham Stabler is offline Find More Posts by Graham Stabler
Old Dec 03, 2003, 04:44 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
D,

I'm familiar with IR, I made the worlds first 4 ounce IR controlled micro heli (Robin IR a large slowflyer, gyroless), back in the 90's using Sergios Zigras 3 channel IR kit wich he modified for me for 4 channel use, this was all experimetnal back them. This is the other option, very simple very effective for indoor use, the only limitation was not having sufficient ERP from the tranmitter (Kit using IR LEDS) to hold continuous signal strength at a good distance or outdoors.

I have seen the post you refer to, with the additional cluster of output IR LEDS and customized to use regular RF transmitter, many Indoor guys have been doing similar contraptions.

Right now, most everything that has been done for really tiny Indoor RC/IR airplanes will also work with my Palm-Size(TM) heli plans. An RFSS100 with the addition of a 4th ESC output will do it!

There is nothing special to the control if we keep it very basic and allow the tranmitter to do the mixing. However, I have implemented some tricks to my palm size helis and refined them to optimize them for actuator use, very simple. Anything else is way too complex, for instance I did CCPM setup but this got a bit involved.

Options are good, but I am leaning towards RF. So any RF guys out there, for starters might consider some of the options mentionred here.

Mario
www.micro-flight.com
Old Dec 03, 2003, 04:57 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
Quote:
will you be giving the plans ot to everyone free or just the one that emails you?

Graham

p.s. be careful these threads are on thin ice
Hello Graham

If folks help out with the 4 channel RF Sytem all in one board, I will give out plans free of charge to everyone.

Here is what I need to make this happen simple and fast!:

If you have a 4 channel single board system that operates with 50- 100 ohn coils and has provisions for 2 ESC each capable of pulling up to 1 amp, let me know privately or through this post. Send it to me and I will make my plans availble.

Not sure what you mean by these threadds are on thin ice. But I'm thinking breaking the ice for everyone to finally be able to make thier own tiny heli might be postitive? If that is so then I am very willing to break that ice, have been for a while now just that I didn;t have the proper inspiration before now I do.

If anyone can understand that life is not just about making money, then you will probably understand why giving out FREE stuff can be a satisfying experience beyond understanding.

Regards,

Mario
Old Dec 04, 2003, 12:28 AM
Nickel what?
Prescott, Arizona, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,365 Posts
I think graham means that the the previous couple threads on these micro heli plans might be a bit misleading...

So long as you hold to your word, I'm sure no one will have any trouble, but when most people see a topic that reads: "free micro heli plans" they expect to see a link to the plans, and not a requirement to 'win' them.

If the heli is in need of a control system, but you have it designed, plaster your name all over the plans and let 'em loose on the forum. I bet if someone had the plans in hand, they'd be much more inclined to do the development on the control system you need, ya know?

Just my .02 Hope it all works out in the end tho.
Phreakish is offline Find More Posts by Phreakish
Old Dec 04, 2003, 03:05 PM
Sticky Shepherd
Oxford/England
Joined May 2001
4,017 Posts
You are expecting someone to buy the rights to you giving a plan away you don't have in exchange for potentially expensive and commercially sensitive hardware.

I'm closing this thread because it is not in the spirit of the forum nor on the topic of the forum.
Graham Stabler is offline Find More Posts by Graham Stabler
Closed Thread