Congrats!
Southern Soul is offline Find More Posts by Southern Soul
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2003, 07:55 PM
Annapolis, Md
Joined Jul 2003
331 Posts
Quote:
We have picked Omegadot and his son to be the proud recipients of the AeroHawk micro heli.
Excellent! I think we should expect to have a 100 page review along with 100 photos within one week of Omegadot and his son Tim receiving the heli....LoL

Seriously, I want to congratulate Omegadot and Tim
Gazoo is offline Find More Posts by Gazoo
Old Dec 10, 2003, 09:07 PM
Frederick, MD
Joined Dec 2003
8 Posts
Howdy, Well, if you want pics, video, AND video from On-Board, I'd love to fly this bird and compare it to all the heli's I have flown,
Starting withthe '72 Heliboy, ever heard of that?? Then, the Concept 30, couple of Hyperflys, and my present Hummingbird. Have a large indoor shop at work where I fly at lunchtime, they are looking at various heli's for scouts for autonomous vehicles, too!!!
Bart
robobart is offline Find More Posts by robobart
Old Dec 10, 2003, 09:25 PM
Crash Site Instigator
Novato, CA USA
Joined Jan 2002
917 Posts
Look at that...already getting in his bid for the next one !!..
sheerLuck is offline Find More Posts by sheerLuck
Old Dec 10, 2003, 09:43 PM
Newcastle Australia
Joined Nov 2002
894 Posts
I picked Omegadot first!! Special Video Request!!

Hate to say it but I thought they should win first!!!

You have picked a winner and from looking at the various post that selling more models wasn't just the criteria required to win.

Well done to a well deserved winners.

I posted a thought on another website and since Tim is a relative Newbiew to flying the thing I thought the following.

Wouldn't it be cool to get video of Tim's Progression.

I would like to see a periodic video of Tims progress. Like every 2 hours of air time he gets take a 3 minute video.

I and others would love to see him progress with his skills on an ongoing basis.

Just a thought.

What do you Reckon

New Thread

" Tim, Newbie to Expert" (work in progress)

Kindest Regards and Confgradualtions to a very crafty email from a father of a winner.

Benjamin Merkenhof

PPS Would be great to hear from Tim direct!!!!!
fatboywings is offline Find More Posts by fatboywings
Old Dec 11, 2003, 05:42 AM
Sydney, Down under
Joined Aug 2003
1,080 Posts
well done the dots lets see how long it takes tim to pass his old mans flying skils omegdot wish i could see te look on timmmys face when he spins it up 4 the 1st time

regarsds rod
Supersix is offline Find More Posts by Supersix
Old Dec 11, 2003, 07:21 AM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
I don't think the vidio thing is a good idea. I would hate to see someone learning to fly better then me . Congrats Omegadot, and happy flying. Bud
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Dec 11, 2003, 01:05 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Nov 2003
842 Posts
OH MY GOSH! Tim will be hovering on addrenelin (no batteries needed) when he hears about this! He knows nothing about it : )

Thank you Billy Hell (aka: Jim) for selecting us. What you have done is a truly generous way of promoting this facet of the RC hobby. We will do our best to fullfill your goals of providing feedback/photos/video to the group, which should spark others to join in the fun! I will contact you off list regarding any details to be worked out.

There is something that I have wanted to say since shortly after my original post, but held off so as not to dominate the thread. No matter who won the AeroHawk, I wanted to say a thank you to fatboywings, SuperSix, bradm, Eric Cartman, and Gazoo for their kind remarks about father/son teams. That message is an indication of how selfless many of the people in this great hobby are.
OmegaDot is offline Find More Posts by OmegaDot
Old Dec 11, 2003, 01:56 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,543 Posts
Omega
Give me a call and I'll get that thing out to you ASAP. I know I would want as soon as possible. Congrats and thanks to all.
Jim T. Graham
PR - Hobby Lobby
615 373 1444 ext. 216
jim.graham@hobby-lobby.com
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Dec 11, 2003, 02:04 PM
Annapolis, Md
Joined Jul 2003
331 Posts
Quote:
I wanted to say a thank you to fatboywings, SuperSix, bradm, Eric Cartman, and Gazoo for their kind remarks about father/son teams. That message is an indication of how selfless many of the people in this great hobby are.
You are more than welcome. I am very happy you and Tim were selected. It made my day when I heard the good news
Gazoo is offline Find More Posts by Gazoo
Old Dec 11, 2003, 07:51 PM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2003
119 Posts
I knew nobody here but had been following this thread It simply happy and touching Omegadot won out of so many entries. Omegadot Jr going to fly upside down the moment he know of this early Christmas present Can we request a pic of Omegadot and Jr smiling with the heli???

Cheers

Mike
daddyhobby is offline Find More Posts by daddyhobby
Old Dec 11, 2003, 09:54 PM
state college, pa
Joined Aug 2002
326 Posts
Congrats guys!!! May long and happy flights be yours!
About those videos, I know that some people have problems getting them (me) so no pressure there... I'l be happy with pictures
Ben
RC_AV8R_181 is offline Find More Posts by RC_AV8R_181
Old Jan 17, 2004, 04:34 PM
Joined Dec 2003
74 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to say I am real interested in looking at this heli. Was there a new thread about it? I want to know opinions. Has it been recieved yet?
Thanks
darrenb is offline Find More Posts by darrenb
Old Jan 19, 2004, 12:38 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Nov 2003
842 Posts
You can see the review here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=184994

Another installment is due soon... Heli is still going strong and the "kid" can hover for 5 minutes straight!
OmegaDot is offline Find More Posts by OmegaDot