Old Dec 02, 2003, 04:06 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,543 Posts
Alert
Who Wants A Free Aero-hawk Heli?!

Hey
I have a box with a brand new Aero-Hawk micro heli inside sitting on my desk. This thing comes complete with servos, tx, rx, battery, charger and it is already built. All you need to do is charge the batteries and fly.

If one of you feel like you would like it for free just shoot me an email stating why you are the man (or woman) that deserves this heli. Post it in this thread.

I just want someone to fly it a lot and report back on ezone with pictures and answer any questions you might get.

I will decide on the lucky future heli pilot in a week or so and ship it out free of charge. GOOD LUCK!

Jim T. Graham
PR
Hobby-lobby.com
615 373 1444 ext. 216
jim.graham@hobby-lobby.com
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Last edited by Billy Hell; Dec 04, 2003 at 11:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2003, 04:32 PM
Springfield MO
Joined Dec 2002
53 Posts
I sent you an email

Thanks
Jordan
JordanKBowles is offline Find More Posts by JordanKBowles
Old Dec 02, 2003, 05:08 PM
I see the future.
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
2,144 Posts
You've got one from me too.
co
Yukonho is offline Find More Posts by Yukonho
Old Dec 02, 2003, 05:09 PM
Your attitude is your alt
Nashville Metro, Tennesse, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,644 Posts
Why I want and Aerohawk...for Free :)

What can I say, I'm and addicted Micro Heli Flyer and need one more Micro Heli to fly! Why should you give me this little beauty you ask????? Well for one I won't crash it on the first flight! (Grin) Secondly I'll post lots and lots of pictures and information about how well it flies, where one can get it, i.e. www.hobby-lobby.com and I'll give it a comparison between it and the Piccolo Fun fixed pitch, the Hornet Fixed Pitch and maybe even the Pro Piccolo. Another great reason is I'm right in your backyard so to speak so you won't even have to pay shipping!!!! Wow what a great deal huh? lol....
Oh did I mention I'm a great supporter of Hobby Lobby??? Well, I am!!! Tooting my own horn here! *smile*, anyway if you see it in your heart to make sure it gets a good home let me know and I'll come take it off your hands, pronto!

Happy Flying

Gary Morris
Gary Morris is offline Find More Posts by Gary Morris
Old Dec 02, 2003, 07:07 PM
state college, pa
Joined Aug 2002
326 Posts
I sent you an email, so I guess I'll just delete this. No use me taking up perfectly good space.
Ben
RC_AV8R_181 is offline Find More Posts by RC_AV8R_181
Last edited by RC_AV8R_181; Dec 03, 2003 at 07:10 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2003, 07:31 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,564 Posts
I need it cause I now spend my beer money to pay for spare parts. NUFF SAID....... Oh yeah, Got a decent digital camera. You tell me what pic you want and its a done deal. Chasing squirrels,terrorizing the post man or just general putting a heli where it aint supposed to be. Oh did I mention I now spend my beer money on heli parts.
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM
Old Dec 02, 2003, 08:23 PM
Miami
Joined Dec 2001
1,641 Posts
Wow. I never win things, but its worth a shot!
reznikvova is offline Find More Posts by reznikvova
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 02, 2003, 08:41 PM
Upstate NY
Joined Nov 2003
842 Posts
My faithful helper (14 year old son, Tim) has dutifully recorded voltage, current, thrust, torque, RPM readings etc... as we have worked to improve the performance of my SkyLark to a usable level. This has been a tremendous learning experience for both of us and definitely boosts his interest in engineering. We have tried to share our learnings/data on the forum. He then sits back while I get to hover (drift?) in the living room. He has very successfully learned to fly fixed wing (both e and glow, with financial support from me) but a second heli is probably out of reach. He would absolutely flip to have his own heli and his birthday is in December! It would be interesting to see what "young thumbs" can do as far as learning curve.

We could offer a comparison between the older SkyLark and the new AeroHawk, if that is of interest. We attend 4-5 electric fly-ins a year (including NEAT) and would be pleased to bring/fly the heli if conditions (and learning curve) permit With the money he (I?) would save, we could buy a digital camera for all the pics you want.

Thanks for your consideration,
Todd
OmegaDot is offline Find More Posts by OmegaDot
Old Dec 02, 2003, 09:03 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,543 Posts
These are great! Keep them coming!
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Dec 02, 2003, 09:11 PM
Chandler Williams, Arizona, United States
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Billy Hell, hopefully you got my email. I noticed I spelled my E-zone Handle wrong after sending it. I spelled it Rip_N_Burn

As you can see, it's Rip-N-Burn.

Thanks again for the op.

Kenny..
Rip-N-Burn is offline Find More Posts by Rip-N-Burn
Old Dec 02, 2003, 09:18 PM
Crash Site Instigator
Novato, CA USA
Joined Jan 2002
917 Posts
Hey, I'm getting a minor operation in a couple of weeks where I'll be mobile but house-bound for a week or two. I have a digital video camera which also takes great stills. I "mastered" hovering a Picolo last winter (I think small heli's are like cats & women - you're never really in charge....). Whoops, mighta had a chance until the last remark.

Anyway, I'd sure like to wring it out, take lots of pictures, and report on it in whatever fashion you deem appropriate.

Here's hoping.....

Larry
sheerLuck is offline Find More Posts by sheerLuck
Old Dec 02, 2003, 09:35 PM
Overland Park, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
60 Posts
I am an Industrial Designer at GARMIN GPS in KC. Since my start 2 months ago, I have taken an intrest in this hobby. I used to race RC cars for years. I chose Industrial Design as a degree because I wanted to design RC cars. But it turns out they don't use Industrial Designers for the design of their cars. So I took this job at GARMIN and I love it. As a designer I have creative freedom in form and function to make very different products based on simple or complex existing products.

After starting in micro helis, I noticed I had the resources to create my own radical helicopter design. I had a Hummingbird but that's been completely covered in CA. I was on my way to buying another so I could begin my design work but cash is low! I was going to use the new copter to base my geometry off of. The problem with the HB I have is the geometry is no longer there. It's all rigged and guess work. With the new copter I can design from the ground up, a really sweet chassis and new canopy, even one way hubs and possibly swashplates!. We have CNC mills, laser cutters, vac formers; name it we have it. I just don't have a working model to start from. Using this helicopter as a geometry model and tester, I could spawn some new ideas which could change this hobby for alot of people.

I know this isn't a sob story about hard luck, but innovation may be a good reason to give away a new heli. Sacrificing one for the gain of a group. And of course I would post my designs. I can't sell them if I make them at work! Company policy. D'oh!

Paul
kansasjayhawk is offline Find More Posts by kansasjayhawk
Old Dec 02, 2003, 09:52 PM
Newcastle Australia
Joined Nov 2002
894 Posts
I sent an email but I think Omegadots son should have it.

Great replys and a fantastic idea.

After reading the posts I reckon I don't deserve the little beast.

I reckon you should give it to the young one of OmegaDots.

They sound like a great father and son team.

If you still want ot give it to me, thats ok too. :-)

Benjamin
fatboywings is offline Find More Posts by fatboywings
Old Dec 02, 2003, 09:54 PM
Sydney, Down under
Joined Aug 2003
1,080 Posts
give it to OmegaDot he deservs it the most imagin the boys face when ther r 2 helis on their heli pad
Supersix is offline Find More Posts by Supersix
Old Dec 02, 2003, 10:10 PM
account suspended
Joined Jun 2003
453 Posts
well i got a quarter of a heli on my err...uh...paper with a big H on it(not that i really need it to fly a heli as i can fly my quater of a heli just fine)
EricCartman is offline Find More Posts by EricCartman