Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:17 PM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,412 Posts
GREAT!

Thank you a MILLION for all your patience in sorting this out.

Have fun, Olli
OlliW is offline Find More Posts by OlliW
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:35 PM
Close Range Aerial Imagery
copterfilms's Avatar
Argentina, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, CF
Joined Feb 2006
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
GREAT!

Thank you a MILLION for all your patience in sorting this out.

Have fun, Olli
You've been a massive help!

I calibrated throttle and connected the ESC to a motor for some testing, all stock settings: The first quarter (aprox.) of throttle the motor stutters until it start to run even at higher speed once past 1/4. Is there any way to smooth it out with settings?
copterfilms is offline Find More Posts by copterfilms
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:42 PM
Emress
sirbow2's Avatar
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,934 Posts
maybe try to increase startup power. decreasing startup acceleration might help(more time to respond)
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:58 AM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,412 Posts
as regards motor performance and BLHeli parameter tunning I am not going to be of any help I don't have a multi and/or many different motors or BESC... for me BLHeli works good LOL

Steffen has changed the startup mode quite substantially, especially for multis, as well as some procedures to account for "nasty" motors, and I honestly have not even started to think about how they work or how the different parameters work hand in hand

so, the best is to ask Steffen, hopefully he steps by in this thread

alternatively, just play aropund a bit with the different parameters (there aren't that many, so in 1h I guess one could get a good idea phenomenologically what they do)
OlliW is offline Find More Posts by OlliW
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:11 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
352 Posts
Hi Victor

As you probably know, the plush 40A needs a different code from the other plushes.
This was released with Rev8.0 two days ago. Have you tried that?

Cheers,
Steffen
sskaug is online now Find More Posts by sskaug
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:22 PM
Close Range Aerial Imagery
copterfilms's Avatar
Argentina, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, CF
Joined Feb 2006
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
as regards motor performance and BLHeli parameter tunning I am not going to be of any help I don't have a multi and/or many different motors or BESC... for me BLHeli works good LOL

Steffen has changed the startup mode quite substantially, especially for multis, as well as some procedures to account for "nasty" motors, and I honestly have not even started to think about how they work or how the different parameters work hand in hand

so, the best is to ask Steffen, hopefully he steps by in this thread

alternatively, just play aropund a bit with the different parameters (there aren't that many, so in 1h I guess one could get a good idea phenomenologically what they do)
OlliW,
Clear enough! Thanks

Sirbow2,
Tested that, no help.

Steffen,
I tested 3 different 4s motors. I played with settings (higher/mid/lower timing, demag, startup power & rpm) but I cannot get rid of the stuttering in any of the three, as I explained above the stuttering lasts the first 1/4 of the thtottle run, once above that it dissapear and motor runs smooth.
Flashed "TURNIGY_PLUSH_40A_MULTI_REV8_0.HEX" FW version
Is there anything else to try?
Thanks!!
copterfilms is offline Find More Posts by copterfilms
Last edited by copterfilms; Oct 17, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:54 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copterfilms View Post
OlliW,
Clear enough! Thanks

Sirbow2,
Tested that, no help.

Steffen,
I tested 3 different 4s motors. I played with settings (higher/mid/lower timing, demag, startup power & rpm) but I cannot get rid of the stuttering in any of the three, as I explained above the stuttering lasts the first 1/4 of the thtottle run, once above that it dissapear and motor runs smooth.
Flashed "TURNIGY_PLUSH_40A_MULTI_REV8_0.HEX" FW version
Is there anything else to try?
Thanks!!
That's strange. What motors did you try? Did you try more than one ESC?
sskaug is online now Find More Posts by sskaug
Last edited by sskaug; Oct 18, 2012 at 01:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:18 AM
Close Range Aerial Imagery
copterfilms's Avatar
Argentina, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, CF
Joined Feb 2006
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug View Post
That's strange. What motors did you try? Did you try more than one ESC?
Steffen,
I tested version 6.0 and 6.1 ESCs both did exactly the same.

These are the motors (4S):
Turnigy L3537 840KV (slightly less noticeable stuttering)
Turnigy D3548/6 790KV
NTM Prop Drive Series 42-38 750kv

Thanks!
copterfilms is offline Find More Posts by copterfilms
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copterfilms View Post
Steffen,
I tested version 6.0 and 6.1 ESCs both did exactly the same.

These are the motors (4S):
Turnigy L3537 840KV (slightly less noticeable stuttering)
Turnigy D3548/6 790KV
NTM Prop Drive Series 42-38 750kv

Thanks!
I have tried the Plush 40A with a D2836/11 750kV and a DT750 on 4S on the Rev8.0 code, and they run just fine. Some start retries for the first very few percent of throttle, but after that fine.

Have you tried more than one physical ESC? Maybe there is damage from the earlier flashing of the 30A code?
sskaug is online now Find More Posts by sskaug
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:29 PM
Close Range Aerial Imagery
copterfilms's Avatar
Argentina, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, CF
Joined Feb 2006
66 Posts
Update...
Installed the Plushes and test fly them on one of our CC6Ma 930mm hexacopters:
Once past the stuttering they run completely smooth, the improvement between BLHeli FW over the stock FW is instantly noticeable in the air. I am able to use larger blades now, switched from the old 12x3.8 by 14x4.7, no woobles at all.
copterfilms is offline Find More Posts by copterfilms
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copterfilms View Post
Update...
Installed the Plushes and test fly them on one of our CC6Ma 930mm hexacopters:
Once past the stuttering they run completely smooth, the improvement between BLHeli FW over the stock FW is instantly noticeable in the air. I am able to use larger blades now, switched from the old 12x3.8 by 14x4.7, no woobles at all.
Great
sskaug is online now Find More Posts by sskaug
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:42 AM
Close Range Aerial Imagery
copterfilms's Avatar
Argentina, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, CF
Joined Feb 2006
66 Posts
Updates on BLHeli flashed 40A Plushes,
First thanks again OillW, Steffen, Sirbow2 for being such of a great help.

Test flown the flashed Plushes during the weekend with great results, coming down cold, motors and ESCs as well after 11mins flights.
In order to overcome the rough idling it requires a quick bump on the throttle, the problem is that the motors catch up speed not at the same time so there is a mild risk to flip the craft if you are not careful enough in checking out that all motors left the stuttering initial phase behind.
It would be great if this could be improved in the next versions of the BLHeli FW, other than this it works perfectly.
copterfilms is offline Find More Posts by copterfilms
Last edited by copterfilms; Oct 22, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:05 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copterfilms View Post
Updates on BLHeli flashed 40A Plushes,
First thanks again OillW, Steffen, Sirbow2 for being such of a great help.

Test flown the flashed Plushes during the weekend with great results, coming down cold, motors and ESCs as well after 11mins flights.
In order to overcome the rough idling it requires a quick bump on the throttle, the problem is that the motors catch up speed not at the same time so there is a mild risk to flip the craft if you are not careful enough in checking out that all motors left the stuttering initial phase behind.
It would be great if this could be improved in the next versions of the BLHeli FW, other than this i works perfectly.
Thanks for the feedback! I will look at the initial stuttering.
sskaug is online now Find More Posts by sskaug
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:40 PM
Close Range Aerial Imagery
copterfilms's Avatar
Argentina, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, CF
Joined Feb 2006
66 Posts
Steffen,
Here is a video we shot a couple of days ago while flying the flashed Plushes.
We have put on them many flights, the ESCs are doing really good with the new FW!
As you can see in the beginning of the video, when the motors are started, that some fast left-right yaw input is needed to help the ESCs leave the initial stuttering phase and let the motors to idle smoothly, after that motors run normally.

Video:
CopterCam6ma filming helicopter, CINEX250 camera mount (2 axis version) (3 min 13 sec)
copterfilms is offline Find More Posts by copterfilms
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:31 PM
Emress
sirbow2's Avatar
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,934 Posts
must say: WICKED!!!!
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale turnigy plush 40amp esc jd3010 Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Oct 06, 2012 09:10 PM
Sold 2x Turnigy Plush 40amp ESCs - New WiperBlade Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Jun 12, 2012 05:16 PM
Sold Gently used 4x Turnigy Plush 18A [ATMega, reflashed] timecop Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Jan 16, 2012 03:08 AM
For Sale Turnigy Sentry (Plush) 60amp and 40amp escs Lance Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Dec 23, 2010 12:58 AM
Sold Turnigy Plush 40amp ESC's Daveyboycfs Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 5 Sep 19, 2010 09:18 PM