HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:03 PM
Flying = Falling (Slowly)
Tulsa, OK
Joined May 2004
2,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift9369 View Post
Don...are your 3S & 4S 850 65C packs made by TP?
Yes. And while I am sure that there are many other good packs out there, but I have never had packs that lasted longer or performed better than TP's.

Happy Landings,

Don
dharban is online now Find More Posts by dharban
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:41 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It !!
United States, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2011
245 Posts
Skye,

You can build your ALES plane with one servo up front in it's intended position and one all the way back at the wing root in the farthest rearward cut-out. This opens up even more room for battery placement around the CG. I've seen pictures of it done that way, I just haven't done it. Before I started cutting up my Aspire Disser I hung all the components off the bottom of the fuse with masking tape and placed it on my balancing stand. That's how I knew where to place everything and it would work.

Hi Don,

I'll love to see your program when it's ready. In my "Trial & Error" method of experimentation over the past year or so I've come with the same Hi & Low power requirements that you are suggesting. At 3S 850mAh I'm inputting 365 watts with the prop setup and ESC I'm using. If I decide to go All-Out and power up to my max 4S 2500mAh pack, then I'm just shy of 1,100 watts using the same motor & ESC. I've not seen ANY conditions or reason to go for more power than that.

And I agree with you that too fast a climb in ALES is a disadvantage. The only time you truly need the extra power is when you're trying to range out farther because of strong winds or some other factor. Setting your planes rate-of-climb for ALES is almost like deciding how much ballast to carry for TD. It becomes a very personal thing and the better you know your own plane and it's capabilities the better you'll be at making that decision.

Happy Flying,

Murph
Paulbilbo91z9f is offline Find More Posts by Paulbilbo91z9f
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:54 PM
United States, CA, Hesperia
Joined Mar 2009
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharban View Post
Yes, the P32 gearbox will fit on the 1107. I had a 1105 fitted with one once. But you will like the 1107 fitted with the P29 gearbox a lot better. It is lighter and much slimmer. The P32 may fit your current plane quite well, but many of the newer planes have noses which are simply too narrow to fit it. An 1107 with the P29 ought to be useful for a long time.

Happy Landings,

Don
Thanks for the info.
Rick
GotLift9369 is offline Find More Posts by GotLift9369
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:36 PM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,777 Posts
Got er done! This set of wings are my C68 pure sailplane, will be putting the servos in the ST wings in the next few weeks. Nice setup by Larry, it all fits like he laid out and CG is spot on! Might try a few flights tomorrow, freedom from a winch and bungee at last! And it's RED!
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000
Old Jul 14, 2013, 05:36 PM
Italy, Veneto, Vicenza
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Aspire for OFF category

Here is my two cent contribution to Aspire setup for OFF category i.e. Only For Fun

sorry but there are enough rules on everyday life so on free time I like just to enjoy flights catching thermals

Thanks to the previous posts I have setup fuse servos, receiver and telemetry under the wing bay leaving free space for battery on the canopy bay.

In the attached pics configuration for windy days with a 2400 mAh 3S lipo and 2350 grams

Hope competion pilots could pardon me for taking away this great saiplane

Carlo
aliraminghe is offline Find More Posts by aliraminghe
Old Jul 15, 2013, 02:42 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,130 Posts
Hey Carlo,

Fun is what it is all about whether just playing around or competing. I find myself pursuing the fun factor more and more all the time.

Ciao,

Pat

S
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliraminghe View Post
Here is my two cent contribution to Aspire setup for OFF category i.e. Only For Fun

sorry but there are enough rules on everyday life so on free time I like just to enjoy flights catching thermals

Thanks to the previous posts I have setup fuse servos, receiver and telemetry under the wing bay leaving free space for battery on the canopy bay.

In the attached pics configuration for windy days with a 2400 mAh 3S lipo and 2350 grams

Hope competion pilots could pardon me for taking away this great saiplane

Carlo
pmccleave is offline Find More Posts by pmccleave
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:43 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccleave View Post
Hey Carlo,

Fun is what it is all about whether just playing around or competing. I find myself pursuing the fun factor more and more all the time.
I agree. Nobody would go to competitions year after year without considering it as fun. Personal preferences. Competitions are not only about flying and excitement. I like also travelling, meeting friends etc.
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old Oct 08, 2014, 05:38 PM
(LITTLE TOM)....
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jan 2005
351 Posts
body? have an E Fuse ready to go
ttoomm is offline Find More Posts by ttoomm
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:08 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,925 Posts
I have Aspire E Fuses in stock. Contact me ljolly@aol.com
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:34 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharban View Post
Yes. And while I am sure that there are many other good packs out there, but I have never had packs that lasted longer or performed better than TP's.

Happy Landings,

Don
+ 1 here
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74