Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:53 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
Well I went with the stryker.... I think I must be a better pilot than I thought I was! Had about 20 flights so far and its awesome even like playing around with the flat spins! Just got a GeeBee too I just cant believe how much fun these little things are! I have been looking high and low for a 3D beast in the UK but I guess they are not out yet?

Danny
There out but sold out awaiting new stock
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:07 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
938 Posts
UM T-28, everyones right about this one! I wrecked my P-51 last year and loved it but wanted to try something else. So I bought T-28 airframe piece by piece (should have just bought the thing whole would have been cheaper!). I put the mustang parts in it. Man what a great flyer. I could fly it in the YMCA basketball court at night (while my janitors cleaned) finally got it caught in the rafters and had to use a basketball to get it down. Thought I would be smashed to peices but it was easily fixable. Touch and go's are fun, has steerable nose gear, great flyer.
Yeah get one.
Keith
MUTCAKE is online now Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:25 AM
USA, NJ, South Plainfield
Joined Sep 2008
123 Posts
Stryker is awesome, but if they're complaining about the Bixler, the Stryker will scare the s!!t out of them.
jughandle is offline Find More Posts by jughandle
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:19 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Exactly my thoughts. After flying my stryker I'm petty sure the bixler will feel uncrashable lol
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:12 AM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
431 Posts
Depends on how much room you have exactly and what you want to do. If you want to do touch and goes then the um t-28 is great. Champs are a great deal of fun as well. While they are marketed at first time flyers you can move the control rods in on the horns and do some pretty quick loops and rolls. If the airplane is boring to you then you are flying in too big of an area. To fly it I open my front door, put it on the sidewalk, and take off. It has a bigger wingspan than the other um planes also and seems to handle the wind a bit better.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:19 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Also picked up a GeeBee this thing is such an eye catcher!!

E-Flight GeeBee R2 AS3X Maiden Flight in 25+ Mph wind!! "Small"Crash! (3 min 8 sec)
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85