SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Discussion
Legal frequencys hard ware for downlink

I am trying to work out how to do aerial photography legally, at least in Canada.
Here it is possible to do so if you have a special operations flight cert, issued by transport Canada, I suspect it is a similar situation in many other places.
The problem I am having that in order to qualify for an SOFC I need to have a legal video tx/rx one that is approved by Industry Canada/FCC.
One person I know was asked to remove his Chinese made non IC/FCC approved hardware (which I bet most here use) before he was allowed to get an SOFC, which would be almost useless . I should add that IC say the amateur bands do not apply because commercial aerial photography is not "amateur"
Does anyone know of a solution to this problem.

thanks
FB
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Last edited by flyingbiscuit1; Oct 08, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts