HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by TheFernMan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:52 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,037 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Sold
FLASHED HobbkyKing F-20A ESCs with lastest 2012-09-30 SimonK with bootloader enabled

5x HobbyKing F-20A @ $15 each

"Standard ESCs are actually not designed for multirotor applications. They are programmed to increase and decrease the throttle command towards the motor in a gentle way. The reason for this is quite obvious. Imagine a motor accelerating and decelerating so abruptly in a helicopter or car... it would damage the gears and reductions in no time. In a multirotor application, we really want just the opposite. The goal is to change the motor speed, and thus the thrust, as fast as possible to achieve a perfectly stable platform.

While the current ESCs used in most multrotor applications work considerably well, there is a lot of room for improvement. Using the same ESC, but loading it with dedicated optimized software, will increase the handling and stability of your multirotor greatly.

We call this RapidESC: converting your regular lazy ESC into a high speed capable speed controller at no extra cost, ready for multirotor applications."

These are one of the best types of ESCs for the SimonK firmware. Read first post here

All N-Fet:
"The ESCs which use only N-channel FETs have the advantage of lower resistance, less losses and hence more efficiency."*

External Oscillator:
"An external oscillator may supply a more consistent timing signal and steadier motor speeds" "but the internal rc oscillator ones will drift quite a bit based on temperature."*

HobbyKing F-20A Tested and flashed with latest SimonK with bootloader enabled so you can flash them in the future thought the servo cable with the USB linker from HobbyKing. I cut a little flap out and use clear tape to cover the opening. You can barely tell.

Selling them for $15 each ESC plus shipping US shipping only.

If you're interested send me a PM so I get proper shipping with your address. I'll be doing USPS shipping. It's $6.

Any question feel free to ask.

References:
What is RapidEsc (Simonk firmware)
All N-Fet Design
External Oscillators
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
The Flashed 30A ESCs I bought last week from you are installed on my quad and working great.
hoverhigh is offline Find More Posts by hoverhigh
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverhigh View Post
The Flashed 30A ESCs I bought last week from you are installed on my quad and working great.
awesome! Flashed ESCs are the way to go!

These are some 20 amps i was gonna use for a hexa but i changed my mind, so i flashed them and here they are
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:48 PM
It's a job...
United States, PA, Warrington
Joined May 2012
1,063 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
I need something like this but more like 30 amps. Have any?
747Pilot is offline Find More Posts by 747Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Benderfly NEFPV 2014 Fly In
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,037 Posts
nope
Last edited by TheFernMan; Oct 09, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:40 PM
Lauderdale
Joined Aug 2009
85 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
I'll take 3. Im in Lauderdale, where in Miami r u? Cud we just meet for a F2F?
NillSpace is offline Find More Posts by NillSpace
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:41 PM
Lauderdale
Joined Aug 2009
85 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
make that 4, need a spare
NillSpace is offline Find More Posts by NillSpace
Closed Thread