Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:38 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
Discussion
[Winged Planet] Stunning bird and from-bird video footage ! [BBC]

Dear all,

I though you would enjoy this ! Images are really really really good, the best I have seen so far, we"re talking world-class ... so I think a look at the trailer is worth your time
Sorry I can't put the direct video here (if you know how to do please put it below !)

For US-based, the documentary aired recently on TV, but I could not find any forum thread with the documentary name, so here is it. Sorry if it is a repost !

Watch the trailer from this page :
http://www.popphoto.com/how-to/2012/...-winged-planet

Read here : Tiny Cameras Mounted to Birds Capture What Life is Like With Wings
http://www.petapixel.com/2012/10/07/...ke-with-wings/

note : Petapixel is an excellent (maybe the best) blog about photography

Quote:
For nearly half a decade now, filmmaker John Downer has been pioneering the use of tiny cameras to capture photographs and videos from a bird’s-eye view — literally. He attaches extremely small and light HD cameras to the backs of birds in order to capture incredible point-of-view imagery of the animals going about their day to day lives.
Alain
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:31 AM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
What a Great Work... I wish I cud participate...
Guga is offline Find More Posts by Guga
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:43 PM
LoS sUAS AP/V is not a crime
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Mar 2012
152 Posts
I was lucky enough to see some of this yesterday. I fly FPV trying to get and never getting close to what he has captured…FBV! Well done and a must see IMHO.
MultiWii2XS is offline Find More Posts by MultiWii2XS
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:12 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
up, because it is worth seeing
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto