Originally Posted by metap0Pe View Post
Can you please link, so I am absolutely sure not to mess things up? :P
FrSky Module:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...8FR_II_RX.html

Turnigy 9X:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Firmware_.html

LiPo Battery for the 9X:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...utaba_JR_.html

Difference between mode 1 and 2 is where the throttle (non self centering stick) is located. On mode 1 it's on the right side, on mode 2 it's on the left side. Most people prefer mode 2, some countries traditionally use mode1, I never researched it, so I can't explain why....
Gh05trider is offline Find More Posts by Gh05trider
Last edited by Gh05trider; Oct 08, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:32 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
Mode 1 throttle on right stick, Mode 2 throttle on left stick.

The link Gh05trider put up is probably the best simple solution to a really good radio combo along with the 9X. I run just the standard 9X on 2 multirotors. One with the FrSky module and one as the radio came from HK. They both work fine. I'm probably going to go to a second module for the stock setup just so I have failsafe.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:32 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
LOL beaten too it by that much

I fly Mode 1 (most in Aus do)

Mark
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Oct 2012
60 Posts
Soo, with the combo linked will i have failsafe. And more important, what does this falisafe do LOL!
metap0Pe is offline Find More Posts by metap0Pe
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:44 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,277 Posts
Failsafe allows you to set a pre-determined "stick and switch" position setting should you loose bind. Say for example rather than a split second glitch you loose signal for a second or two, the RX will output what you set as failsafe. On my basic multirotor I have it set to middle stick and throttle just above hover. If you have GPS you can set it so it either position holds or returns to home.

Mark
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Oct 2012
60 Posts
Thank you very much Mark. I have made a new thread, and if you would chime in there, i would greatly apriciate it.
metap0Pe is offline Find More Posts by metap0Pe
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:36 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2004
548 Posts
I'm not going to recommend a brand, but look at your TX in this way. Treat your TX like a tool and your multis as the toy. You will eventually end up with many toys, but most probably the same tool to fly them with.

I always recommend anyone to touch and get a feel for their TX and try as many different TX as you can get your hands on. Check out the position and distance of the switches, everyone has different size hands.

Don't get too hung up on the quirkiness of the program software, they all require learning and once you get use to one...... you will be stuck with it.

I myself am a JR man. I also have the Turnigy 9x, so I would not consider myself a TX snob. I even once bought a Futaba 8, because I liked the feel in my hands. However I ended up selling before setting up my first model. The difference in the JR method of programming is just TOO different from the Futaba way..... real pity. Right now I use both the JR DSM2 module and the Frsky modules on my JR 11x.
dtm360 is offline Find More Posts by dtm360
Last edited by dtm360; Oct 08, 2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: grammer!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:48 PM
Australia, VIC, Narre Warren South
Joined Jul 2012
78 Posts
Mode 1/2 determine which side has the throttle, easy to change which everyone you buy, instructions in the forum somewhere

(Ignore this, I missed page 2 where it was answered )
Zapphoid is offline Find More Posts by Zapphoid
Last edited by Zapphoid; Oct 08, 2012 at 03:54 PM.