HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Broose27, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:56 PM
Late starter
Swan Hill, Victoria
Joined Jan 2010
169 Posts
Discussion
4 sleeps to go

After lots of preparation, shameless promotion and crossing fingers for good weather, the 12th annual AEFA Swan Hill electric fun fly is almost upon us.

We only need to collect food for the estimated 60+ flyers who'll be in attendance, and put a few signs up, then giddy up for the weekend.

With the start of daylight savings, yesterday afternoon the runways got a roll, the grassed areas a final slash, and the tractor was put away for a few months. A couple of dead trees were removed and cut up for firewood, and bugger me if we didn't have a fly!

Scott had two of his sons helping so they flew the trusty Boomerang 60 doing touch and gos, I flew my Eagle 40 (ASP 52 - what a great reliable engine!) doing the same and Greg flew an old super-heavy but small high wing Jabiru with a 40 in it. While I didn't witness it, Greg somehow made a hole full of yellow pieces later in the day....

Our two new members are volunteering to cook the BBQ lunches, so I'm gonna bring the electric warbirds out for a play:

FMS 1400mm P-51
FMS 1400 Corsair
Durafly Vampire edf
Durafly SE5a
Hyperion Extra 300L

I took some early morning photos and made a panorama of a couple to show the fields in such great condition, plus a close-up of our weathered but very effective clubrooms. We use the tables for set up during normal afternoon sessions, but spread them out for eating Wardy's famous spit roasts during a fun fly.

I'm camping out there on the Thursday night with my 10 year old son, who's going to help me set up some signs early Friday before he goes to school. The convoys from Melbourne are expected to arrive from 10am Friday onwards with most on deck from nearby (200km) clubs and South Aust by Friday night.

The wind forecast shows it dying down by Friday night, so we're excited to be seeing some fixed-wing and helicopter night flying both Friday and Saturday nights.

No doubt I'll add further updates during spare moments, but if not, BRING IT ON!
Broose27 is offline Find More Posts by Broose27
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Seagull Westland Lysander ARF
to remove ads between posts