SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:43 PM
Oakland township, Michigan
Joined Jun 2005
761 Posts
Discussion
Flying Models magazine

Hello,

It seems to me that the magazine was not published last month nor this month so far. Does anyone know anything about this? I always thought that this was one of the best magazines out there. It would be a shame if they went away.

Teo
viva_peru is offline Find More Posts by viva_peru
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:24 PM
R/C Addict for Life!!
Sterling/Rock Falls, Illinois, United States
Joined Oct 2001
558 Posts
Pretty sure I got mine for last month. When I get home tomorrow i will check. As for this month......not yet. Dont think there is an issue, ie problem......The Assoc. Editor is a friend of mine, and I know he is working on the issue for next month.
D
Darryl Miller is online now Find More Posts by Darryl Miller
Last edited by Darryl Miller; Oct 08, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:35 AM
Oakland township, Michigan
Joined Jun 2005
761 Posts
Darryl,

Thanks for the info. Normally, magazines publish a month ahead of time, so maybe FM is a little different since the last issue published was the September's.

Thanks,

Teo
viva_peru is offline Find More Posts by viva_peru
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:30 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,385 Posts
I'm working on an article for them now.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:20 PM
R/C Addict for Life!!
Joined Oct 2001
558 Posts
When I last spoke to my friend, he said they were changing some things, but didnt eleaborate. I can ask and see. I didnt hear anything in his conversation that led me to believe of any problems.
I too am just finishing an article for them....(hopefully)

D
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:25 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,385 Posts
Darryl, did I meet you at an event a few weeks ago? You were CD?

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:01 AM
Independence, KY and Brandon, MS
Joined Jun 2000
701 Posts
I sent an inquiry to Flying Models via their web site customer support contact page regarding the October 2012 issue. I received a reply today indicating they are changing their publichation schedule and are running very late in gettting the October 2012 issue out. It has not yet been mailed but the reply I received from them indicates it will be sometime down the road.

Hopefully this is just a temporary situation and not a sign that Flying Models is getting ready to fold.

Paul Bradley
PaulBrad is offline Find More Posts by PaulBrad
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:08 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
That's good to hear, Paul. The aeromodelling world would be much the poorer if we lost Flying Models.

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:16 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,385 Posts
Those hiccups are not totally uncommon in magazine publishing. A few years Model Aviation did the same thing.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:22 AM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,745 Posts
EASILY the best model magazine! Over the 60+ years I've been modeling, I suspect I've build more models from FM than any other, with Model Builder and the OLD MAN (before they got all RC and expensive ARFs) close 2nd and 3rd. Maybe it was youthful enthusiasm, but I never went a month without finding at least one plane that made me slobber and reach for the balsa.....

howell

Sorry about the crudeness, but I can't spell sylav, silev, selyva, spit.
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
5 months and nothing

I purchased a subscription 6/16/ 2012.( 5 months ago) and nothing yet, I have called every month since August and always get the same ans. It will arrive in 2 weeks............... And nothing ever comes.. Too Bad, I thaugh they had the best
model mag. out there.....................
yardbird71 is offline Find More Posts by yardbird71
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:56 PM
Aurora Municipal, Illinois, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,627 Posts
I have been a looong time subscriber and haven't received an issue in a while. I emailed them at the beginning of last week through their customer support page. I realized after the fact that they are in New Jersey. Given the devastation to the east coast and the epic fail that is our government when it comes to helping it's own I am trying to be patient. Watching the news is seems many areas are still without power. I don't know where in NJ Carstens or it's staff are located so I am giving them until Friday and I am going to try reaching them by phone.
bullseye000 is offline Find More Posts by bullseye000
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:07 PM
R/C Addict for Life!!
Joined Oct 2001
558 Posts
My October issue arrived today.............I would imagine the next issue will be delayed due to Hurricane Sandy.

Darryl
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:37 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,385 Posts
They are just outside Newton, which is in the mountainous northwest, on a hill that normally faces into the wind! (I've flown there at their office.) My family 1/2 hour away lost hundreds of trees, phone/internet and power for a week, the roof from our old house is gone, etc. I'm sure they very much appreciate your patience right now.

Some of them have a little bit of a drive to get there, too.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:00 AM
Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2008
672 Posts
"STORM DAMAGE UPDATE: Power to our offices in Newton has been restored, and we are slowly bringing our systems back on line. Your patience is appreciated while we catch up on responding to all of the inquiries from the last week or so. Thank you for your support!"

http://www.flying-models.com/
Wingman26 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman26