SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:38 AM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
356 Posts
Buy the USB program lead from Horizon, but their software on the website does not allow to adjust the gains. This sofware does
http://www.dalgrim.com/files/as3x-software-v2.zip
rcpaintfx is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 04:09 AM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOMFD View Post
How did you reduce the gains on the AS3X? I just smoked my UMX MIG-15 and bought this as a replacement.
Just a thought, you won't be able to use the Mig AS3X board with the EF2000 as you need elevon mixing and you cannot do this from your TX as it make the gyros go nuts. You can use it as long as you turn the gyros off with the program lead, but you will then only have a normal board with no gyro assist. If you want AS3X on this model you will need the brick from the Hyper Taxi as it has elevon mixing built into the board.

Kev
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:42 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,245 Posts
..or use a v-tail mixer.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:00 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
356 Posts
Have you tried the v tail mixer with the mig board. Does the AS3X work ok with it? If it does then which v tail mixer have you used?

Kev
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:40 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintfx View Post
Buy the USB program lead from Horizon, but their software on the website does not allow to adjust the gains. This sofware does
http://www.dalgrim.com/files/as3x-software-v2.zip
How is this software different from Horizon's?
Petefoss is offline Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:16 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
356 Posts
I believe that this software has come from horizon but is not available to download from their site. It alllows independent gain adjustments on all channels as well as how the stick movement over rides the gyros and the ability to turn off the gyros in flight from channel 5 on your TX . This last feature does not work on the hyper taxi brick.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:08 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
356 Posts
Test Flight 4 today, wind a little less than last flight at around 10mph. I think I have the gains set around the right amount now and tried a bit of slower flight. Just need some nice calm weather to really wring this thing out.

EF2000 Test 4 (5 min 39 sec)
Old Mar 13, 2013, 01:13 AM
Joined Apr 2012
327 Posts
are there eurofighter plans?
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Old Mar 13, 2013, 06:58 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
356 Posts
This not a plan, it's the Dynamic Foamy EF2000 kit. There maybe plans out there, but Bert took all the hard work out of the design for you with this fantastic flying Eurofighter.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 04:15 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
356 Posts
Much better weather today, wind around 7mph. I was exploring the flight envelope with very slow and fast flight. I am really starting to enjoy flying this plane now, thanks Bert for a great design. Now I know it will slow right down I will be trying it indoors this Sunday at our indoor tennis dome venue.

Dynamic Foamy EF2000 Eurofighter Typhoon (6 min 1 sec)
Old Mar 24, 2013, 02:11 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
356 Posts
Flying Indoors!!!

Flew the EF2000 indoors in a tennis dome today. It flew great, but was not sure about the height of the dome and trying a loop, so I chickened out!!

Dynamic Foamy EF2000 Hele School Indoor Tennis Dome (4 min 3 sec)
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:58 AM
United States, NC, Chapel Hill
Joined Sep 2009
326 Posts
A simple question.

I am building this kit, and I have a rather simple question.
The instructions direct to use tape to attach them to the wing. So I did, using a continuous strip of tape on both sides, leaving 2mm of space between the LE of the ailerons and the TE of the wing.
The ailerons work fine, but they are rather stiff to operate. I have not flown it yet, but I noticed that one of the servos is already trying to work itself loose, so I am wondering if I should have taped them only on one side to make them less stiff.
I have built several balsa planes, but I am complete newby with micro foamies. Any suggestions are welcome.
ululi1970 is online now Find More Posts by ululi1970
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 13, 2013, 05:18 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
946 Posts
Yes only one side top side only. that's usually more than enough to keep the hinges attached and working fine. Good luck
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Apr 13, 2013, 05:18 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
356 Posts
I sanded a 45 degree bevel on the elevons and mounted them to the trailing edge of the wing with less than a 1 mm gap using 4 x 12mm wide strips of Blenderm tape each side on the top only. Mine move very freely and am using the umx linear servos.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 08:31 PM
United States, NC, Chapel Hill
Joined Sep 2009
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
Yes only one side top side only. that's usually more than enough to keep the hinges attached and working fine. Good luck
Thank you. I will carefully peel off the bottom side then. Otherwise, it is ready to maiden...
ululi1970 is online now Find More Posts by ululi1970
RCG Plus Member