HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:54 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,670 Posts
Bert,
Any plans to scale this up for use as a (larger) pusher prop with working canards?
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:14 PM
Flying Dutchman!
Nederland, FL, Emmeloord
Joined Sep 2011
368 Posts
To make The canards working at the right direction the only thing to do is cross the control wires very easy and not 4 servo's

@dynamic foamy; do you get any photos from how you control the canards?
robertboxhoorn is offline Find More Posts by robertboxhoorn
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:06 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
Good explanation, makes sense to me.
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:49 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Nice work Bert! Subscribed. Now I just have to write off my Sabre, slap the guts in my x-32 then total it so I can get one of these!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertboxhoorn View Post
To make The canards working at the right direction the only thing to do is cross the control wires very easy and not 4 servo's

@dynamic foamy; do you get any photos from how you control the canards?
Instructions have been posted on our support forum, product has been added to our online store. We will start shipping in the next day or so

Thanks,
Bert
DynamicFoamy is offline Find More Posts by DynamicFoamy
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Customer Support Forum
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:17 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
Someone asks you for an EDF 30mm jet and you make a jet, and give the first plans away free before ever offering it to the public.
Plans??? Where???
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:51 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
Plans were originally posted here by Bert of Dynamic foamy Thread : ********** X-32A with 9'' wingspan ***********
Page 4 post 54. This is at the last page of this micro edf forum!
Last edited by MUTCAKE; Nov 22, 2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:13 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,432 Posts
Thanks MUTCAKE. For anybody else who wants the thread it's here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1598196
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:49 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
I got my EF2000, and Dynex planes for my birthday a week ago! Now all I have to do is find the time to build them. Which is hard due to my business schedule. I have to manage my workforce for swings and graveyard shifts, so not much time left to sleep or build
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:41 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
359 Posts
Just finished my EF2000 build using an E-Flite Mig 15 fan unit and AS3X brick and servos from an Hyper Taxi as this has elevon mixing. I also added a rudder. Weight came out at 48g compared to the Mig at 60g without the battery, this thing is going to rock!!!
Maiden will be Sunday weather permitting.
rcpaintfx is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:49 PM
Joined Sep 2012
48 Posts
siick! please report back after your maiden
boro92 is offline Find More Posts by boro92
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:33 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
359 Posts
Maiden no go today as wind is around 20mph
I will report back after first flight,
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:49 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
359 Posts
Update

Not ideal conditions today, but fed up with waiting so off for the maiden flight today.

Flight 1
Wind around 10mph
launch and straight away the model was like a bucking bronco, the gyros were over compensating mainly on the elevator and did 3/4 of a circuit and very heavy landing. Checked model over and the only damage was one side of the fan duct came un-glued. Back off home to adjust the gyro gains and a little repair.

Flight 2
Wind now around 15mph.
I had reduced the gyro gains from the stock Mig 15 settings. This time flew much better. Still a little over correction on the gyros but noticed that the wings flex quite a lot, which may not be helping the gyros. Also now it was flying and getting used to it, feel the need for more throw on the control surfaces from the suggested throws. I flew the whole battery out and I am really impressed how much you can slow the EF2000 down and landings are done at less than walking speed. Back home for some more adjustments.

Flight 3
Wind getting silly now. Around 20mph!!!
Added some thin carbon fibre strips on the leading and trailing edges of the wings. This has stiffened up the wings quite a bit. I adjusted the gyro gains up 1 notch as I guessed the wing flex was causing most of the problems I had, also increased elevator and aileron movement.
The flight this time was much better, a little gyro over compensation, maybe should not have gone up one on the gains, but the wind was very strong and gusty. Considering this, the model is awesome and would not have flown some of my bigger models in these conditions. Rolls are now fast and crisp and stop instantly when stick input is removed. Loops are effortless and can be very tight or very large. The Mig fan and motor does not give one to one power but has more vertical power than the mig, probably due to the lighter weight. Slow high alpha circuits with my added rudder are very stable and easy. Hovering into wind is very easy and once again landing at less than walking speed is a non event.

End of testing for today as the wind is now 25mph + I think a little more fine tuning of the gains and some lighter winds and I shall be having a lot of fun.
So if you want to put AS3X on an elevon model, get a Hyper Taxi brick and the program lead.

Kev
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:24 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
359 Posts
Video of Test Flight 3

Dynamic Foamy EF2000 Flight 3 (4 min 36 sec)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:09 AM
Joined Sep 2011
1 Posts
How did you reduce the gains on the AS3X? I just smoked my UMX MIG-15 and bought this as a replacement.
EOMFD is offline Find More Posts by EOMFD