HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:10 PM
United States, OH, Blanchester
Joined Oct 2009
229 Posts
Discussion
mcpx mods

Is it better to change out to the metal parts or just replace what breaks on the Mpcx ? Example I have broken main frame. Same one 9 dollars upgrade 46 dollars big differents I guess ! does it ready make a differents ? and is it worth the money ?
Thanks for any Ideals or opinions
houseboat is offline Find More Posts by houseboat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:22 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
369 Posts
The mCPX doesn't yell out "mod me" like other larger helicopters. I know people mod on the one hand to make something personal and all their own. However, from a utility point of view the mCPX doesn't really have much that I'd think would be worth it. There aren't that many parts to break let alone those you'd want to add weight and reduced flying time for. The tail is clearly the weakest link and really the only part I'd consider. Outside of that I think it is mostly bling. Again others will likely disagree particularly extreme fliers who are pushing the envelope in terms of what this thing can do (perhaps that is you as well). In short, the tail perhaps. Anything else, not really.
C6Silver is offline Find More Posts by C6Silver
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Sep 2011
241 Posts
My 2 cents

If you have been flying MCPX for more than a year, and have stopped crashing the helicopter. Bling-ing up your MCPX is a nice idea. But if you are going to do this,

Get the rudder fet replaced with the same one as the main motor not the small fet.

Then go brush-less with a 120SR tail so it has the power to handle the aluminum
upgrades and the tail to handle the power of the Brush-less motor!

Then make it look nice if you like.
If you are going to do it. Do it right or you will not like what you end up with.
Be prepared to drop $400.00 to $500.00 or keep it stock!
Imzzaudae is offline Find More Posts by Imzzaudae
Last edited by Imzzaudae; Oct 08, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:46 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,121 Posts
I only upgrade if there is something specific I desired to fix. Mine flys nicely stock.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:14 PM
United States, OH, Blanchester
Joined Oct 2009
229 Posts
Thanks for the info

only thing I want to do is make floats for it ,because i am at the lake alot,maybe add brushless motor just weight ?
houseboat is offline Find More Posts by houseboat
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
122 Posts
I upgraded to landing gear with tail boom supports as I have cracked three tail booms. also a metal swash plate and I have broken the balls off a couple of them.
fooferdoggie is offline Find More Posts by fooferdoggie