SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Mar 2011
49 Posts
Looking good. I'm kind of pressurized the local authorities didn't chase you out of there. Seems like a nice and fun place to run the boats. I really need to stop procrastinating and start building.
QuickLTD is offline Find More Posts by QuickLTD
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:17 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLTD View Post
Looking good. I'm kind of pressurized the local authorities didn't chase you out of there. Seems like a nice and fun place to run the boats. I really need to stop procrastinating and start building.
Being that there is the annual ART & CRAFT event there are lots of security and Police such that they walked by us and did not even looked at us. At one time we were getting small crowds coming and asking us about the boats and even one girl came up and asked us how much are our boats thinking we were demonstrating them for sale!

My buddy, Mark has come every year during the ART & CRAFT event and never had any issue running the boats there such as long as you leave the Wild Canadian Geese and other feather friends alone.

I would imagine if you came with a high powered Electric Speed Boat and especially Gasoline Power speed boat you may get the attention to get yourself thrown out.
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:45 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,249 Posts
VIDEO @ Vimeo

Here is the same VIDEO via Vimeo as it loads in HD from the start!

Dumas Coast Guard Rescue Ship at Lake Eola Orlando Florida 11-03-2012 (1 min 18 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:14 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,249 Posts
Three (3) Blade Lower Pitched Propeller!!

Hi Guys!

With the help of Tony Lombardo of Titusville, Florida who gave me a 3 Blade Propeller with much less pitch than that Racer two blade propeller that the model had, I was able to reduced the current draw to....

12-AMPs @ 146 Watts @ 12.16 Volts

Here is the Video!!
DUMAS Coast Guard Rescue RC Ship with new Propeller Experimentation 11-04-2012 (3 min 47 sec)

DUMAS Coast Guard Rescue RC Ship with new Propeller Experimentation 11-04-2012 (3 min 48 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:47 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,249 Posts
Wednesday morning run 12-05-2012

At Moon Port RC Club and at the Lake!

Just a fantastic Run using the same setup, Endoplasma 16-Turn, in GD600 gearbox with 3.0:1 ratio and low pitched 3-blade brass propeller using 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 25C, Li-POLYs in parallel making for 4400mAH total capacity.

6+ MPH Top speed and very enjoyable and scale.

RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:00 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,249 Posts
Video from 12-05-2012 Run!

Video:

Coast Guard Rescue RC Electric Model 12-05-2012 (1 min 14 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2014, 11:40 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,249 Posts
Labor Day 09-01-2014

Wow!

After so many months and months, I finally took out the Coast Guard Rescue Ship out to have some needed fun at my extended relative's Man Made Lake in Kissimmee, Florida.

A few pictures!

RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2014, 02:41 PM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Mar 2011
49 Posts
Glad you still run it. Have you made any changes recently? I was wondering where you were. I was supposed to have my boat ready a year ago lol. I'm still trying to figure out what running hardware to use. Mainly choosing a prop. To many choices. I need a guy like your friend (but on my side of the state) to tell me what to use..
QuickLTD is offline Find More Posts by QuickLTD
Old Sep 03, 2014, 03:27 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,249 Posts
QuickLTD,

Hey....get her done!

Well, lets see, it depends on what Speed you like to see on this fine Scale Model.

I have selected and maintained the Kyosho Endoplasma 16-Turn Monster Brushed motor coupled with the Great Planes GD-600 Gearbox with the 3:1 gear ratio.

It is not a speed demon by any means but, It is enough for my tastes as I have experienced faster cruise speeds and the slower is my enjoyment for this model.

The 6-MPH top speed does a few things....and the most important is I can have the model out cruising for a long time with the Parallel setup with the two (2) 3-Cell, 2200mAH, Lithium Polymers for a grand total of 4,400mAH capacity.

Additionally, it is not that slow that the Forced Water Cooling gets affected in anyway. I always bring her close to shore and carefully watch for the rear AFT outlet water to make sure that motor is getting cooling.

The Controller is a TRAX RC Car radio gear and I am amazed on how well the Throttle Resolution is for really Slow motor operation or in other words it has the best resolution for trigger throttle that I have ever experienced and can have the model go super slow like if it is docking and of course avoid waves.

In those recent pictures, I was able to push that large Sail Boat out to deeper water and away from shore so, it could get the slight breeze it needed and my partner was very appreciative and had lots of fun. The wind was pretty dead at the shore line so, it needed a little boost from my model.

My Dumas Coast Guard model was constructed by Tony Lombardo and he had it setup with a Brushless setup and it was just too much power, at least for me so, I turned down that power system.

Hope you can figure out what you want out of your model and I will help as much as I can.

Take care,
Pitts
RCG Plus Member