SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:31 PM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSC21 View Post
I'm making it for testing... could you please answer the pm I'd send on the last week please?
I thought I had answered all your PM, will check again.

Testing is fine, but why move so far away from Revo hardware to save a few dollars, that is what I don't understand, we are talking $10 or $20 max, are things that bad?

EDIT: I checked, I have answered all your PM.

By the way, my question was NOT aimed directly at you.
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:32 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
I fail to see why all you guys are so enthusiastic about the F3, just a few measly dollars saved but in the end it will be nothing like the Revo, wrong CPU, wrong sensors etc. The F4Discovery is much closer, the right CPU for Revo and an MPU6050 costs peanuts, I simply fail to understand this over the top F3 enthusiasm, maybe someone can enlighten me.

EDIT: The open pilot documentation does say that CN-06 has been tested with op and works.
Because it's fun? I have a CC, a multiwii, a KK, an F4, soon will have a couple F3's, I am working on hand soldering a stm32 based micro quad.. No real logic to it, well lot's of logic actually but not the type you are looking for.
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part II
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:44 PM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
Because it's fun? I have a CC, a multiwii, a KK, an F4, soon will have a couple F3's, I am working on hand soldering a stm32 based micro quad.. No real logic to it, well lot's of logic actually but not the type you are looking for.
Fair enough, I understand fun, which is why I ordered the kick-starer Revo as well as a couple kick-starter CC3D and while the minimum 8 weeks elapses I am ready to fly F4Discovery when the weather plays nice and as the Revo code is released I expect long before I see my Revo board I will be able to start testing some of it, doing the same with F3 to me seems like pushing s**t uphill with a fork. i.e way harder than it needs to be IMHO.
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:15 PM
Schweiz, AG, Schneisingen
Joined Mar 2011
698 Posts
f3

hi,
amazing - burned the bootloader plus firmware and gcs is running.
takes ... 2 minutes ...

i accidently ordered too many spare f3 boards.
i can sell 2 boards locally here in switzerland.
robert b is offline Find More Posts by robert b
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert b View Post
hi,
amazing - burned the bootloader plus firmware and gcs is running.
takes ... 2 minutes ...

i accidently ordered too many spare f3 boards.
i can sell 2 boards locally here in switzerland.
Hehe :P..
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Mar 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Hehe :P..
2 additional jtag debuggers for less than 30 swiss francs is not that bad.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:13 AM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Aug 2002
728 Posts
How about making the shield the same size as the Discovery board. Place a hole in the middle to bring up cables, and put the appropriate connectors under the board. Might be a tight fit for everything, just made a quick sketch to get the idea across. If it all fits, it does make the overall size a bit more acceptable. I'm going to use Spektrum satellites, so I only need one large header for the ESC/servo connections.
jihlein is online now Find More Posts by jihlein
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Mar 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein View Post
How about making the shield the same size as the Discovery board. Place a hole in the middle to bring up cables, and put the appropriate connectors under the board. Might be a tight fit for everything, just made a quick sketch to get the idea across. If it all fits, it does make the overall size a bit more acceptable. I'm going to use Spektrum satellites, so I only need one large header for the ESC/servo connections.
yup, that looks very nice.
try to solder the cables directly to the board for the first version
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:01 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Aug 2002
728 Posts
Has anyone got a Spektrum Satellite working? The board hardware definition file indicates uart1, pin PC5 is the RX input. I set both the main port and flex port to DSMX 10 bit, but don't get any data. I know the Satellite is bound correctly and it's wiring is good as I pulled from an airframe I just finished flying.

Any hints?

John
jihlein is online now Find More Posts by jihlein
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Oct 2012
34 Posts
Can someone please recommend some GPS, barometer and telemetry modules that can be added to the board?
TSC21 is offline Find More Posts by TSC21
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:43 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2011
227 Posts
I saw some bugs in the code. In pios_l3gd20.h
PIOS_L3GD20_SCALE_2000_DEG = 0x3
must be changed to
PIOS_L3GD20_SCALE_2000_DEG = 0x30
The bad value sets the gyro into 3-wire mode, which could kill the SPI MOSI pin in the worst case. The 500 DEG settings is used in the code, so this causes no direct problem in the open pilot code, yet.

In pios_lsm303.c some constants starting with PIOS_L3GD20 are used, but have to start with PIOS_LSM303. This causes not problem here as the values are the same by coincidence.
ala42 is offline Find More Posts by ala42
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ala42 View Post
I saw some bugs in the code. In pios_l3gd20.h
PIOS_L3GD20_SCALE_2000_DEG = 0x3
must be changed to
PIOS_L3GD20_SCALE_2000_DEG = 0x30
The bad value sets the gyro into 3-wire mode, which could kill the SPI MOSI pin in the worst case. The 500 DEG settings is used in the code, so this causes no direct problem in the open pilot code, yet.

In pios_lsm303.c some constants starting with PIOS_L3GD20 are used, but have to start with PIOS_LSM303. This causes not problem here as the values are the same by coincidence.
Ok, for the first one, please go to OpenPilot and post it in their forums.
http://forums.openpilot.org/forum/66...s-development/

For the second one, thanks for the info. I will fix it including attribution to you.

Cheers,

Vinz
lilvinz is offline Find More Posts by lilvinz
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:52 AM
Joined Mar 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein View Post
Has anyone got a Spektrum Satellite working? The board hardware definition file indicates uart1, pin PC5 is the RX input. I set both the main port and flex port to DSMX 10 bit, but don't get any data. I know the Satellite is bound correctly and it's wiring is good as I pulled from an airframe I just finished flying.

Any hints?

John
i 'slowly' start to understand.
in op shop you can buy a spektrum adapter.
i assume spektrum works inverted ttl signal... just guessing.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert b View Post
i 'slowly' start to understand.
in op shop you can buy a spektrum adapter.
i assume spektrum works inverted ttl signal... just guessing.
No, SBUS is inverted. Spektrum is straight. No additional hardware is needed.
lilvinz is offline Find More Posts by lilvinz
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Nov 2005
266 Posts
Are rx and tx in correct order? They are swopped if you compare it with the open pilot manual.
Menno is online now Find More Posts by Menno