Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:46 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Discussion
New to boats...Supervee 27

Hey Guys, coming from ground pounder nitro,to electric helis,now electric fixed wing, I also bought a used Aquacraft Supervee 27. Installed new motor today. ran 6 packs through in the lake I live on. First whats your opinions on optimum battery placement for best performance. Two, seemed that cooling water pickup didnt work very well. Sometimes as i passed by myself, I saw water spitting out of hull fitting, sometimes didnt. Three times I checked for blockage in rudder pitot, but never any blockage. Was this because I was moving packs forward for quicker planing? Or what? Thanks,Greg
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:29 AM
Foamie Freak!
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
No answers? Somebody has to have had this boat....lol
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:19 AM
Gordonsville,Virginia
Joined Nov 2009
335 Posts
Was everything very hot or just warm when you brought it in .If it's just warm then every thing is probably working right.You should be checking the temps of the motor , battery packs , and ESC after every run .
highflyerbill is offline Find More Posts by highflyerbill
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:36 AM
Foamie Freak!
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Yeah, it was kinda hot one time, I left my temp gun here at work, since i quit nitro, and been into planes i havent needed it in my rc box. Like I said, i saw it spitting out a few times but not consistent. I was wondering if prop cavitation with batteries too far forward kept it from'
getting good intake pressure at rudder?
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:06 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,793 Posts
Were you turning when you noticed it wasn't spitting out water? I can't remember what side of the rudder blade the intake is on, but if you're turning in the direction opposite it you won't get much water flow (ie if it's on the right side of the blade and you're turning left).
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:09 AM
Gordonsville,Virginia
Joined Nov 2009
335 Posts
It's always on the left as that is the direction you turn when racing . I've modified several rudder blades to pick up water from ether side for off course racing . All thats needed is a dremel tool and some care .
highflyerbill is offline Find More Posts by highflyerbill
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:12 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,793 Posts
What are you running that you're racing turning left? The only RC boats I know of that run left turns are 1/10th scale hydros, everything else runs right turns.

If you modify the pickup to work from either side, you run the risk of it spitting water out of the other inlet instead of forcing it through the cooling system.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:18 AM
Foamie Freak!
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Okay, I figured it out, I was running the packs too far forward, ran it last night perfectly. Also packs had been sititing awhile so a cycle or two resurrected them as well, and they ran fine.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:08 PM
Seattle
Joined Feb 2006
930 Posts
We have a couple Super V's, and we also have cases where you don't get cooling water flow, even with just a slight left turn - but it does not seem to ever cause a problem. For running those boats in rougher "race" water, we tend to put the packs more forward, roughly centering the packs on the motor to keep the boat stable in rough water.
cyberhoops is offline Find More Posts by cyberhoops