HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
Help!
Mystery ESC Polarity

Hi,
I am building a roll your own frame and I have purchased a Mystery ESC and I am having some problems identifying the polarity of the BEC. In all of the documentation that I have seen here and elsewhere have the signal wires voltage wires colored as red/black/white however on the Mystery it is brown/orange/yellow. I have poured over the docs that came with the ESC and there is no mention of the polarity it simply states "hook it up". I am concerned about hooking it up to my AMP incorrectly and bricking it. Is there anyway to test it to determine which wire is which? Has anyone hooked these things up who can advise me? Thanks.
Dan
roontoon is offline Find More Posts by roontoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Dec 2011
53 Posts
Brown is GND, Orange is Positive and Yellow is signal. This is standard wiring on most cheap ESC's.

// Per.
Zapro is offline Find More Posts by Zapro
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:57 AM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,205 Posts
In many ESCs, the colors are black for ground, red for power and white for signal... or brown for ground, red for power, yellow for signal......if yours has the central wire orange, then that will be power.. brown will be ground and yellow will be signal.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:01 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
6,134 Posts
Even if you connect it backwards it won't hurt anything, the receiver and servos just will not work. They configure the connector with the positive power in the middle just for that eventuallity. When it is connected backwards the positive power still goes to the same receiver terminal. The ground, however, now goes to the receiver signal terminal which will not harm anything and the signal now goes to the receiver ground terminal which also will not harm anything.

Larry
Lnagel is offline Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
13 Posts
Thanks for all the great replys.

d
roontoon is offline Find More Posts by roontoon
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:15 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Black, red, white is Futaba "standard"?
Brown, orange, yellow ir JR "standard"?

Esc, servo etc manufacturers use either one or which reel they happen to have.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:26 PM
rvlevy7
United States, NJ, Clinton Township
Joined Sep 2012
200 Posts
Good replys

signal wire always upper to Rx or esc or else. Power always middle wire. Keep us remind polarity connectors.
rvlevy7 is offline Find More Posts by rvlevy7